GDT: The Schneiderman's Redemption: ECQF Game 4 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
no suspension for that hit? and nothing on the lovejoy boarding because he didn't milk it enough, right?

ok- f*** the series, it's over anyway. just go out and hurt them. where is oliwa when you need him

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
severson would be better if he took a ****ing slapshot once in a while. was losing my mind last night when the puck would go back to him and he'd take his time and then eventually softly wrist it at the net

But, but, but......he had 10 shots towards net!!!

And, and......you know.... his CORSI was GREAT!!!

Please disregard the fact a few of those weak softballs led to immediate rushes at Cory.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I am basing the notion that he will get better on the fact that his game improved this season as compared to last season and that 21 year old players typically get better and are not finished products...

stats-wise, this season was more or less identical to last season. so it sounds like you're basing it on 1) the eye test (which is fine, there were times he looked better this year vs last year. although as ramsay would say, he's about as consistent as pigeon shit in trafalgar square) and 2) his age.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
My hopeful lineup changes that make a ton of sense to me, but will never ever ever happen:
If Vatanen is good to go, Mueller in for Moore, Santini in for Lovejoy.
If Vatanen isn't good to go, Mueller in for Lovejoy, Santini in for Vatanen.
Bratt in for Wood.
Joey Anderson in for Stafford.
Just my opinion but:
Vats probably doesn't realize what day it is yet, never mind playing in G5.
No way LJ is coming out in an elimination game at this point.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No, what I mean is, Grabner is one of the elite penalty killers in the NHL. Top 25 for sure, meaning he would be the best PK'er on plenty of teams.

We're really debating this, have you watched any Rangers or Islanders games over the last 5 or 6 years? Just because he's played bad for the Devils over the last 20 games, doesn't negate his entire NHL career.
Point was one or our best PKr's. Which he is not.

Was he good with the Isles 4 years ago? I really don't care.

Maybe he got all sullen when he was traded from the rag's, but he has not impressed in NJ. PK or otherwise.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I am basing the notion that he will get better on the fact that his game improved this season as compared to last season and that 21 year old players typically get better and are not finished products...

It did?

I think he's gotten better positionally on defense, that's good, and expected.

Offensively? That thing that matters. I didnt see progression at all.

Reactions: Zezel22

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
stats-wise, this season was more or less identical to last season. so it sounds like you're basing it on 1) the eye test (which is fine, there were times he looked better this year vs last year. although as ramsay would say, he's about as consistent as pigeon **** in trafalgar square) and 2) his age.

His play away from the puck and his defensive awareness absolutely increased since last year.

Also, is it wrong to say that young players typically improve as they age?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
no suspension for that hit? and nothing on the lovejoy boarding because he didn't milk it enough, right?

It's. A. Joke.

Though the Lovejoy boarding I wouldnt expect a suspension.

The Hedman nut-attack, however, were the NHL consistent would have earned at least a 1 game suspension. Previously that was not tolerated, and guys have gotten a game(s) for that sort of thing.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
His play away from the puck and his defensive awareness absolutely increased since last year.

no argument here. he'll be a regular ryan carter in no time

that is correct. they improve, they plateau, they decline. so i guess we differ on where exactly zacha is in that process

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It did?

I think he's gotten better positionally on defense, that's good, and expected.

Offensively? That thing that matters. I didnt see progression at all.
Last year he got better PP oppurtunities. This year his 5v5 offense was a lot better. Pretty significant improvement across the board.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Dude just turned 21. Literally less then 2 weeks ago. And you can't wait to be done with him? Never mind that he had a really strong game last night.

Just odd how some fans can so dislike a player on their own team.

This right here is why I (personally) am ranting about Zacha/McLeod this morning when there is so much positive to talk about, for the record. I love the Devils and think they are in a great spot. But conversation is useless if all you do is say everything is rosy, just like relationships are fake if people only tell you good things. You can love your team and call it like it is with players/coaches/executives/arenas/owners etc. Just saying everyone is great all the time is literally useless.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Before discrediting someone’s opinion try looking at the big picture. We have the cap space, we have a good young club, I doubt he would sign with the Rangers out of loyalty, Toronto has a big payday coming not the Devils. The Devils just have Hall to sign down the road. He also seems like the type of guy who likes some obscurity and as for the Devils, after Nico we have zero and please don’t be foolish and list Zacha or Zajac. Zacha has proved nothing and Zajac is basically our shutdown center. We need a lot of things, however, having two top centers will make us a top team. I’m not saying he signs here however, we have a lot to offer starting with Shero instead of Snow. Think before writing.

This guy is - A) Defending @Zajacs Bowl Cut by telling other people to not discredit others opinions and B) asking to "think before writing" while talking as if the NJ Devils will actually sign John Tavares. Ok, thanks.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Sometimes people deserve to be Steve Moored. And when you have Cooper practically gloating like that, well he's going to end up with one of his guys hurt

I will lose respect for the Devils if they go down in this series and don't try to injure some lightning players badly. This stuff can't stand.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018

If your argument for this draft pick is that he will get better because he will get older, then the other players in his class who are clearly better already are also likely to get older too, unless they die, which would be terrible... but that could also happen to Zacha, I suppose, although we hope it does not, of course.

Among the players taken after Zacha in Rd 1 that year also on pace to get older: Ivan Provorov, Zach Werenski, Jake DeBrusk, Matt Barzal, Brock Boeser, Travis Konechny, Anthony Beauvillier. Among others. Now AGAIN... If Zacha ends up a decent NHL player that would be better than him not eneding up a decent NHL player for my devils. I hope he does.. But the odds of him becoming a equal or better player than even one or several of these players, which would be required to call this a "good" pick, is very small.

Last edited:

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I can’t do anything but laugh at this point. This league is a total joke.

They literally can boards our players, hit them in the head and spear them and get nothing. Wood boards one of their guys in the regular season and no injury came as a result and he gets multiple games as a first time offender.

Linda Bacon

Canada fan
Nov 7, 2017
Severson has been the biggest disappointment for me this season, he just hasn't improved

I'd really like to see Santini in his place next game

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
no argument here. he'll be a regular ryan carter in no time

that is correct. they improve, they plateau, they decline. so i guess we differ on where exactly zacha is in that process

so you would say that it is normal for a player to plateau at 21 years old?

alrighty.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
This right here is why I (personally) am ranting about Zacha/McLeod this morning when there is so much positive to talk about, for the record. I love the Devils and think they are in a great spot. But conversation is useless if all you do is say everything is rosy, just like relationships are fake if people only tell you good things. You can love your team and call it like it is with players/coaches/executives/arenas/owners etc. Just saying everyone is great all the time is literally useless.

if you know anything about me as a poster, you know that this is definitely NOT me...

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I was sitting on that side of the ice and all of a sudden in the corner of me eye I see Kucherov at full speed going towards Vats and leaves his feet when he nails him. If that's not charging I don't know what is.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
so you would say that it is normal for a player to plateau at 21 years old?

alrighty.

it depends on the player. i've seen nothing from zacha to indicate he'll be good for more than 10 goals a year, and certainly nothing to indicate he'll be able to put together a month of consistent effort and results. dime a dozen

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Hynes was furious with the officials after the Vat hit. You could read his lips as he was screaming, over and over, "How do you f***ing miss that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad