The Ryan McDonagh Appreciation thread -- it's about time for one

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Aren't appriciation threads for those most DON'T appriciate?

Pretty sure people on here would give their left testicle for McD to be here for life.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
McDonagh doesn't need an appreciation thread, he'll just catch Zuccarello from behind and steal his appreciation thread.

Seriously though, it is about time. I hope someone gets a video or gif of that steal. Defensive POTY.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
McDonagh doesn't need an appreciation thread, he'll just catch Zuccarello from behind and steal his appreciation thread.

Seriously though, it is about time. I hope someone gets a video or gif of that steal. Defensive POTY.

meh, should have been a PS...

:sarcasm:

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I hear that McDonagh needs suspenders to carry the weight of his balls of steel

Wamsutta

I'm Glen Sather IRL
Nov 8, 2011
Connecticut
This guy is CRAZY good and I'm starting to read/hear talk about his play from fans of other teams around the league. I love McD.

KreiMeARiver*

This is something I can get behind. We are SO lucky to have this kid. He's our future Captain, period.

Scott Gomez hahahahahaha thaaaaaanks.

CharlieCharleschuk

Nov 26, 2013

Perfectly crafted.

Yeah we haven't had an all-around excellent defender in Ranger Blue since Leetch. McDonagh obviously is not quite as good but brings a very modern physicality and solid skillset to the blueline. He's a great player I hope to watch for a long time.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Best Rangers defenseman since Leetch and probably since 2001.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Best Rangers defenseman since Leetch and probably since 2001.

I agree. But we should give credit, though he is much better than Staal or Girardi ever were, he did learn a lot from them. Especially Girardi.

The one thing I still think he struggles with is receiving the puck. It hops over his stick at the point an inordinate number of times.

That said, I think he has been pound for pound the team's best player this season.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
Perfectly crafted.

Yeah we haven't had an all-around excellent defender in Ranger Blue since Leetch. McDonagh obviously is not quite as good but brings a very modern physicality and solid skillset to the blueline. He's a great player I hope to watch for a long time.

Leetch is obviously the far superior player offensively and may be the best offensive defenseman of all time, but McDonagh with dat D doe.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
McD is our best player this season. That play last night was incredible, I jumped out of my seat when it happened.

I've said it before; He seems to genuinely be proud to wear a NYR sweater and loves playing in NYC. :handclap:

Jan 8, 2012
NY
That's Phil Kessel he caught up to. One of the fastest in the league.

Where's that gif of when he caught up to Kovalchuk in two strides?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I mean, every thread is essentially a Ryan McDonagh appreciation thread. That play on Kessel last night had me aroused.

BarbaraAlphanse

He was phenomenal tonight. So glad to have this dude locked up, and at probably less than half of the caphit he deserves. He's the new cornerstone of this franchise.

Ironically, I'm very critical of him this year. I don't think his focus level is where it should be at - where it's been at for the last 2 seasons.

Love him but soooooo many mental lapses this year.

Then again.. the whole team has had this problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad