The Rob Scuderi Complaint Club (Keep it all here)

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
On other sites I still read comments defending this abysmal player. :help:

Maybe we should change our tactic's here.

If other people see value in Scuds...where there's smoke, there's fire. We should be pumping up his value to anyone and everyone. This way he isnt a castoff/cap dump .. he is a valuable asset.

Could happen, right? :amazed:

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Everything I say in there was about trading Orpik and/or Niskanen :laugh:

I lived that whole year in fear we were going to give Orpik the contract the caps gave him. Anything that mitigated the chances of that seemed like a heck of a good idea to me.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I lived that whole year in fear we were going to give Orpik the contract the caps gave him. Anything that mitigated the chances of that seemed like a heck of a good idea to me.

if we can find the threads from before we signed him but the rumors were out, I was pretty anti Scuderi. Though not because I thought he was as bad as he turned out to be, but because I just didn't want to add any D and I thought he was a bad partner for Letang. But when we signed him, I thought he would at least be serviceable, and I thought it guaranteed we were trading someone on D :cry::laugh: Sometimes I'm pretty smart.

Then go to last year and I was absolutely pumped about Ehrhoff. I was calling it the signing of the off-season. Woops :laugh:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Why is scuds still on this team. The answer is simply inept management. here are 3 possible scenarios as to why.

1. This management still thinks scuds is an integral part of the D. MJ calls scuds his shutdown D and dressed for all games last season. This management team is the same that trades SD for Big Ben. This tells you something about how bad their evaluation process is.

2. They think they could trade him. That's impossible. As I said before, no contending team and no rebuilding team wants this D on their team. Oh yes you could make a very one-sided trade to get rid of scuds, like two #2s, Bennett or Sprong and retain 1/2 half of his salary.

3. JR tried to buy him out but upper management blocked this move. Didn't Lemy at one point say he wanted to honor all player contracts.

I gotta believe its #3, otherwise this is one of the dumbest management teams of all times for holding on to this bad D.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Nobody wants Scuds. Not even this team. Buying him out is a last case scenario, because it doesn't do much to alleviate the cap issue Scuds presents.

I'm sure it's a "play him and try to increase his value for an early season move" situation.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Nobody wants Scuds. Not even this team. Buying him out is a last case scenario, because it doesn't do much to alleviate the cap issue Scuds presents.

I'm sure it's a "play him and try to increase his value for an early season move" situation.

I could see him being bought out next season if they can't find a taker. Players like Maatta and Perron will be getting a raise, and players like Plotnikov could be. It would only effect the cap for 2 years at that point.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Why is scuds still on this team. The answer is simply inept management. here are 3 possible scenarios as to why.

1. This management still thinks scuds is an integral part of the D. MJ calls scuds his shutdown D and dressed for all games last season. This management team is the same that trades SD for Big Ben. This tells you something about how bad their evaluation process is.

2. They think they could trade him. That's impossible. As I said before, no contending team and no rebuilding team wants this D on their team. Oh yes you could make a very one-sided trade to get rid of scuds, like two #2s, Bennett or Sprong and retain 1/2 half of his salary.

3. JR tried to buy him out but upper management blocked this move. Didn't Lemy at one point say he wanted to honor all player contracts.

I gotta believe its #3, otherwise this is one of the dumbest management teams of all times for holding on to this bad D.

Toronto was supposedly willing to take him on, but he wouldn't waive his NTC to go there.

My question is, would you rather be rid of the last two years of Scuderi's contract or have Kessel with salary retained for the duration of his contract? I'm honestly not sure.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
A buyout isn't happening, and I think they're too "classy" of an organization to bench him or send him to the ahl, which may not even be possible due to an NMC.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Buyouts are used to get rid of players who are bad and with bad contracts. Fits scuds to a T. Other teams use it, why not the pens. If scuds were bought out this past June, the pens would have $2MM more in cap space right now.

Will he be bought out next June, probably not. The pens management team for whatever reason is too stupid to rid the team of this underperforming D.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well if they think they can get by for a year (and try to trade him) then waiting one year will cut the buyout penalty from 4 years to 2 years. In general though, I just assume they believed they could trade him.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
I know or hope the pens management team would hope scuds would disappear. But can any one on this board speak to the merits of any other team trading for scuds when at least 95% of this board thinks scuds as crap. I would rather have Adams at 700,000 than scuds at $3.3MM

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Is there any definitive proof of this? I heard the same thing but it was just hearsay. If this is true, Scuds is dumber than I thought. The man will never be accepted by fans over here.

Isn't this more of a HFboard thing tough? I remember someone saying that on Pens Facebook or Twitter Scuds wasn't nearly loathed as much.

If this is so then i would imagine other teams might think he has some value, if at a rather expensive price. He does bring experience, good on PK & would potentially be helpful to a bottom team young on D that needs to hit the cap floor for a couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad