The Rob Scuderi Complaint Club (Keep it all here)

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
"Scuderi, back at the point...shoots wide ON PURPOSE!!!"

Man I wish there was a GIF of it. It was right after the 2nd or 3rd Pens' goal, Geno sets up Scuderi for a chance where he had literally all kinds of room and all day to move in and do...something. But he was completely lost, skates down and actually veers off to the side as if the slot was a hot zone.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Far better then either Lovejoy & Bortuzzo and slightly better then Despres, which describes how far he's fallen from being a quality NHL defenseman.;)

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
One time the puck hit the boards in the defensive zone and Scuderi immediately dropped to the ice, it was like a car backfiring and someone thinking it was a gunshot. He also makes for a worse thread than Adams.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Just a terrible, never-was hockey player that lucked out by being fortunate enough to be on two stacked Cup teams.

I don't hate the guy, I just think he's an atrocious defenseman. Nothing personal, it's a business, and I want to see the Pens competing for/winning Cups. Scuderi hinders this organization's ability to do that.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
to think that this organization drafted Muzzin, Goligoski, Morrow, Despres, Maatta, Pouliot, Letang, Harrington, and there are others I'm missing through the years and we end up with Robbie Scuderi and Benny Lovejoy on the team...

An absolute cluster ****. It's like a script from a bad hockey movie or something. Who does **** like that but us? Any team? Has any team out there mismanaged the development of that many players in a short number of years, to the point they have pylons like Scuderi and Benny out there? I get that Olli is messsed up this year and so with him healthy probably one of these idiots isn't on the ice, but ****. It's hard to fathom how poorly this team's assets have been managed the last 4-5 years.

Of those guys only Morrow failed to materialize into a decent player (I think Dallas let him go as well after we traded him down there but I have no idea where he's been playing this year -- for all I know he may have made a come back, completing the Penguins' run of idiocy).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What absolutely boggles my mind is how people who get paid -- and paid well -- to evaluate talent in the NHL not see how bad he is? How is that possible? How can people who have been coaches/general managers/scouts their entire lives and made it to the greatest hockey league on Earth not recognize how bad he is?

Every time this organization praises guys like Scuderi or Adams or Kunitz, I start to doubt whether I know even the first thing about hockey or evaluating hockey players. Because their conclusions about these players are so astronomically apart from my own.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Gotta love the hate for Scuds, Lovejoy and Adams while the highest paid players put up 1 or 2 goals a game.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
Gotta love the hate for Scuds, Lovejoy and Adams while the highest paid players put up 1 or 2 goals a game.

Gotta love the implied hate for Crosby and Malkin when it couldn't be any more obvious they're the only reason this team has even remotely resembled a playoff team. But hey, do your thing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Gotta love the implied hate for Crosby and Malkin when it couldn't be any more obvious they're the only reason this team has even remotely resembled a playoff team. But hey, do your thing.

Pretty much. Sid's worst season of his career, by far, and he's neck and neck for the Art Ross. Geno's been banged up all season and saddled with extraordinarily subpar linemates, and he's second in the league in points per game. Ignore the fact that our power play hasn't produced at a respectable clip since Thanksgiving.

But nah, it's two of the only guys worth a damn who are the problem. :laugh:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Scuderi was useful at one time. Not now, but he was essential to winning that cup, so we should curb how much we hate him by not including the past. Keep it to this current stint where he has been bad.

339962_orig.jpg

Penguinzilla*

Scuderi's gonna turn it around big time. Gonna have a Lidstrom-like season. NO, even better, he's going to have a Despres-like season.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
An absolute cluster ****. It's like a script from a bad hockey movie or something. Who does **** like that but us? Any team? Has any team out there mismanaged the development of that many players in a short number of years, to the point they have pylons like Scuderi and Benny out there? I get that Olli is messsed up this year and so with him healthy probably one of these idiots isn't on the ice, but ****. It's hard to fathom how poorly this team's assets have been managed the last 4-5 years.

Of those guys only Morrow failed to materialize into a decent player (I think Dallas let him go as well after we traded him down there but I have no idea where he's been playing this year -- for all I know he may have made a come back, completing the Penguins' run of idiocy).

Morrow was a big piece of the Seguin trade.

'On July 4, 2013, during the subsequent NHL off-season, Boston traded Seguin, along with Rich Peverley and Ryan Button, to the Dallas Stars in exchange for Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Matt Fraser and Joe Morrow.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Seguin

He hasn't panned out yet but Boston still has some hope for him and he played some with them last year, against us in fact if I remember.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Scuderi was useful at one time. Not now, but he was essential to winning that cup, so we should curb how much we hate him by not including the past. Keep it to this current stint where he has been bad.

339962_orig.jpg

It was completely unnecessary for Scuderi to be playing goalie. Fleury is right behind him ready to make the save.

Rob Scuderi has always been far too overrated. He's never been more than marginal. Ever.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
It was completely unnecessary for Scuderi to be playing goalie. Fleury is right behind him ready to make the save.

Rob Scuderi has always been far too overrated. He's never been more than marginal. Ever.

What the **** are you talking about?

Fleury was way off to the side of the goal... for whatever reason.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

I will agree with your second point, but Scuderi absolutely, 1000% saved a goal with that play. Fleury was flopping off to the side of the crease.

I am as critical of Scuderi as anyone, but give credit where it's due; that play saved a goal and won that game.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Scuderi really is a pseudo goalie out there. He's awful now but it had its perks once upon a time.

I'll fully admit that I thought his return would go better than it did, but I also thought re-signing him meant that they had a plan. You know, trading Orpik or a sign of changing their style under Bylsma along with hiring Martin. It turns out that Shero had no plan and then Scuderi ****ed up his ankle and it all went to hell. Because he did start the first season back pretty well before getting Penguin'd, but he's been horrible ever since and I think his confidence is gone so that compounds it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad