The Ratings Thread - a lot of people watched wrestling on Super Tuesday, sort of

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Christian renaming Luchasaures was the high water mark for Dynamite last week reaching over 900k.

Some sharp drop offs for the White/Rush match and then the Storm segment and women's triple threat.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
RAW dropped 449K viewers after the Punk/Rollins segment.

AEW Collision drew an average of 455K viewers for the entire show.

Tony Khan:

Bleach.gif

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I look forward to hearing certain people having melt(zer) downs trying to explain this.

All seriousness, I don't expect this to be a regular thing, but a hell of a pop while it lasts.
Is that the same Dave Meltzer who voted for Punk in the HOF balloting specifically citing his drawing power (before his WWE return btw) or is this some other guy named Dave Meltzer you are talking about?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Is that the same Dave Meltzer who voted for Punk in the HOF balloting specifically citing his drawing power (before his WWE return btw) or is this some other guy named Dave Meltzer you are talking about?
This the same HOF balloting that Randy Orton, Punk, and Roman Reigns ranked below The Young Bucks overall, right?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
What does any of that have to do with you making a statement that was clearly untrue?

You're right. Dave is historically very unbiased when it comes to reporting WWE vs. AEW or information involving Punk.

He also does not favor the EVP crowd in AEW, no matter how many moves they name after him. :thumbu:

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You're right. Dave is historically very unbiased when it comes to reporting WWE vs. AEW or information involving Punk.

He also does not favor the EVP crowd in AEW, no matter how many moves they name after him. :thumbu:
Don't know how long you've been following things but the "Dave is biased" shtick is nothing new. ECW fans constantly shouted this when Dave was in any way critical of the promotion. Now go back and look at his criticisms and tell me with a straight face he wasn't totally correct.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Don't know how long you've been following things but the "Dave is biased" shtick is nothing new. ECW fans constantly shouted this when Dave was in any way critical of the promotion. Now go back and look at his criticisms and tell me with a straight face he wasn't totally correct.
Why do that when I can go back and forth with his recent stuff and see where he's not?

Should we get into his star ratings? Kurt Angle can't get a single 5* match in his career but Ospreay has four in a week?

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Why do that when I can go back and forth with his recent stuff and see where he's not?

Should we get into his star ratings? Kurt Angle can't get a single 5* match in his career but Ospreay has four in a week?
When Angle was inducted into the HOF the first time he was eligible in the mid 2000's Dave was attacked by lots of nitwits screaming "Dave is biased" thinking Angle being inducted was ridiculous. "Biased" Dave who clearly hates Angle (which you can clearly see by the fact he had more 4+ star matches in that era of any American wrestler despite working in a promotion where match quality was secondary) was as enthusiastic a supporter of his case as anyone and as noted caught lots of shit from fools.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
When Angle was inducted into the HOF the first time he was eligible in the mid 2000's Dave was attacked by lots of nitwits screaming "Dave is biased" thinking Angle being inducted was ridiculous. "Biased" Dave who clearly hates Angle (which you can clearly see by the fact he had more 4+ star matches in that era of any American wrestler despite working in a promotion where match quality was secondary) was as enthusiastic a supporter of his case as anyone and as noted caught lots of shit from fools.

And yet he has since tried to justify why Angle has never had a 5* match and hasn't indicated he would adjust any of them according to his current rankings...

Reactions: CDJ

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
This is the saddest part of the whole release,

"Viewership of AEW programming on the networks saw increasing momentum as the year culminated, reaching 15.6 million total viewers in Q4 2023, up 3% vs. Q4 2022."

They added a whole ass nother show and increased viewership by 3%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad