OT: The PUPPY THREAD

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
View attachment 828790Please excuse my inability to properly post images on this forum... I've never been able to master the process... seems I may have triplicate the image. Haha

Anyway... Hopefully I've posted an image of Loki, of our latest rescue from last August. He is 7 years old, and we were told that he is a Feist Terrier mix. He is our first family Terrier, and my first since I was a child... we are used to mainly Retrievers, we've found Loki to be completely different in temperament, drive and actions from our previous rescues; on walks he's always on the hunt... he has so much energy, and certainly not one to fetch... He is super intelligent, easy to train, and seems to understands just about everything we say... and in his desire to please and obey, he is extremely obedient. His only main flaw is his innate drive to hunt while on our fenced backyard; he will catch and unfortunately kill any small animals to foolishly venture onto his property... we have to be very careful... He is fine however with other dogs he meets while on the leash. Loki has been a perfect addition to the family; we've rescued each other, to be honest.

That's a damned good dog.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
This is the face you make when you have to go to the Emergency Vet at 11pm.

Attachments

• 20240303_232516.jpg
    20240303_232516.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 6

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
That's a damned good dog.

Yeah... They say that you can't buy love... but I've personally found that you can certainly adopt love... at your local shelter. One of the advantages of adopting a senior is that you so often get one that is far advanced on everything... and is so eager to please, and show you how great they are... and thank you every single day going forward by sharing their love. Loki fit in seamlessly on day-one, and became a member of our family from the moment he got in our car. ❤️

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What happened Jojo

We didn’t know what the hell happened. We took them out to use the bathroom before bed. He seemed fine. Next thing we knew, he was running around the bedroom in full panic mode, gagging and frantically pawing at his mouth while also running straight into furniture. On the ride in, the episodes went to intermittent instead of constant. But long story short, jackass threw up a thin 4 inch stick. :laugh:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
We didn’t know what the hell happened. We took them out to use the bathroom before bed. He seemed fine. Next thing we knew, he was running around the bedroom in full panic mode, gagging and frantically pawing at his mouth while also running straight into furniture. On the ride in, the episodes went to intermittent instead of constant. But long story short, jackass threw up a thin 4 inch stick. :laugh:
What a f***ing menace omg

2 nights ago I left Brutus outside the same way to go to the bathroom before bed wouldn't you know it this asshole dug a 4" wide, 5" deep hole in the mud.

I angrily gave him a sponge bath with dawn in the living room, much to his chagrin. He still got a treat though

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Oooh, mud pictures. Right.

This was 2014, I was living in Salem MA and used to take Tikaani to this park in Gloucester. Unfortunately, once he found the mud pools we stopped going to this particular pace.

View attachment 829162
Oh, regarding this picture. This was obviously a problem when it came to you know, dog getting back in car for the drive home. But it wasn't that simple. You see, when I found him in the mud he refused to come out. There were salamanders in there and he was having a grand time chasing the little buggers around the pool, all the while getting more and more covered in mud. Finally, I caved. I took off my shoes and waded in. I was in mud almost up to my waist, until guess what happened. Go on guess... that's right, it's mud and it's slippery and I slipped and now I'm sitting on the bottom with mud up to my shoulders. But I finally got him!

Anyway, fortunately, this place had a little cabin by the entrance- sort of an information center, and there was a hose outside. So I hosed us both off as best I could and that was that.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
At the vet

View attachment 835271

Just a checkup
Snoop is going to need to go soon. He has this skin tag that needs to come off. But it's hard at the end and the size of like a pea. But it's gotten bigger. The vet said last year if we want it off they can do it and will biopsy it. None of us are concerned but it's always a scenario

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Edit: in the words of a good friend, I guess I f***ed this up every way it could be lol

You sure did. First of all, you posted a picture of a cat. This is the PUPPY THREAD. Instead of posting off topic things that not everyone in here wants to see, why don't you make your own thread for that type of filth.

Secondly, you didn't even post the PUPPY picture correctly.

you-blew-it-adam-sandler.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad