OT: The PUPPY THREAD

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
724A559F-D8BB-46A2-8A8F-4DE194916667.jpeg

Wow puppy thread saved me from disaster. Popped into it while waiting for truck to warm and realized I hadn’t fed Bernie.

This cute mug can get nasty when meals are skipped 😅

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
20230907_155824.jpg
Please excuse my inability to properly post images on this forum... I've never been able to master the process... seems I may have triplicate the image. Haha

Anyway... Hopefully I've posted an image of Loki, of our latest rescue from last August. He is 7 years old, and we were told that he is a Feist Terrier mix. He is our first family Terrier, and my first since I was a child... we are used to mainly Retrievers, we've found Loki to be completely different in temperament, drive and actions from our previous rescues; on walks he's always on the hunt... he has so much energy, and certainly not one to fetch... He is super intelligent, easy to train, and seems to understands just about everything we say... and in his desire to please and obey, he is extremely obedient. His only main flaw is his innate drive to hunt while on our fenced backyard; he will catch and unfortunately kill any small animals to foolishly venture onto his property... we have to be very careful... He is fine however with other dogs he meets while on the leash. Loki has been a perfect addition to the family; we've rescued each other, to be honest.

Last edited:

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Please excuse my inability to properly post images on this forum... I've never been able to master the process... seems I may have triplicate the image. Haha

Anyway... Hopefully I've posted an image of Loki, of our latest rescue from last August. He is 7 years old, and we were told that he is a Feist Terrier mix. He is our first family Terrier, and my first since I was a child... we are used to mainly Retrievers, we've found Loki to be completely different in temperament, drive and actions from our previous rescues; on walks he's always on the hunt... he has so much energy, and certainly not one to fetch... He is super intelligent, easy to train, and seems to understands just about everything we say... and in his desire to please and obey, he is extremely obedient. His only main flaw is his innate drive to hunt while on our fenced backyard; he will catch and unfortunately kill any small animals to foolishly venture onto his property... we have to be very careful... He is fine however with other dogs he meets while on the leash. Loki has been a perfect addition to the family; we've rescued each other, to be honest.
Unfortunately the picture doesn't seem to work, but Loki sounds like a boss.

Reactions: Sawdalite

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

I’ve had a couple of Westies in the past. Totally different than my Golden Retrievers. Terriers are smart and quick. They will go through a wall in order to kill a rodent. It’s an innate instinct. Have fun with him.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
To be clear... the attachment on this post doesn't work... I was referring to the previous post that seems to have posted it... 3-x... but I couldn't edit.
Yeah I was talking about your original post. All I see is a link to "view attachment" and when I click the link I get an error. The site has been shitting its pants over pictures and gifs lately, so it may just be that.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Yeah I was talking about your original post. All I see is a link to "view attachment" and when I click the link I get an error. The site has been shitting its pants over pictures and gifs lately, so it may just be that.
Yikes... now even I can't see it. LOL

I'll have to work on it more, when I get more time... thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I’ve had a couple of Westies in the past. Totally different than my Golden Retrievers. Terriers are smart and quick. They will go through a wall in order to kill a rodent. It’s an innate instinct. Have fun with him.
I found that out... and sadly not merely rodents; Loki's killed a groundhog and a cat so far... the groundhog just got caught in yard... how the cat was stupid enough to not hop the fence and get away, I'll never know; he valiantly fought to his death. My last Golden (God rest his soul) unfortunately killed Spring babies born in our yard... but that was due to his clumsy handling of them when he tried to carry them... he killed kittens, a possum and a skunk or so. He also lost multiple battles out back a couple nights with skunks... which wasn't a pleasant thing.

BTW I fixed the photo problem in my original post above... Loki is now viewable.

Corrected the problem in my original post... he's now viewable.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00