OT: The PUPPY THREAD

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
We got 3-4" here so far. Nothing like dogs in the snow.

IMG_3502.jpg
20240116_084029.jpg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Man, was that full screen load a surprise.

She's diabolical. I will relate the story I told Striiker via PM a few weeks ago.

She dragged this bed from the other side of the house, down the hallway, and into my office. Then she went back to get her squid. She flipped the bed upside down, laid on it, and gave me this shit eating grin. This was an every day occurrence until we stopped moving it back.

Attachments

• 20231223_121450.jpg
    20231223_121450.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 10

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
She's diabolical. I will relate the story I told Striiker via PM a few weeks ago.

She dragged this bed from the other side of the house, down the hallway, and into my office. Then she went back to get her squid. She flipped the bed upside down, laid on it, and gave me this shit eating grin. This was an every day occurrence until we stopped moving it back.

What a monster. Though, she likes what she likes...who can argue with that?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
From 2015. This is Keira, a Husky that I fostered when I lived in Maine. She ran away from home and lived on her own from around November through February when animal control found her. Winter in Maine (and it was a rough one that year). I fostered her for about 6 months (I wasn't quite ready for 2 dogs at the time). She was a sweetie.

IMG_0200.jpeg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Of course you're defending her. That's probably the same stupid grin you give your wife after you drive an hour each way to hit a brewery.

I can neither confirm not deny.

I should also note all other pet species are welcome! This deserves to be an all encompassing pet thread. This is mainly for @Captain Dave Poulin so he can look at HF Flyers cats too

I'll be the first to add the felines in I guess. Nahla is less enthused these days with the tiny dictator soaking up most of our attention. She still loves a good desk arm snuggle though.

20240109_160839.jpg

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Nayla. 1 yr approx. Rez dog rescue from Skownan First Nation. Trying to train her a little to be my hunting pup companion. The first time I took her for a walk just myself - she found a squirrel tail buried in the leaves. Don’t let the eyes fool you, she’s a little thug.

IMG_4725.jpeg
View attachment 804358
IMG_1049.jpeg

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Nayla. 1 yr approx. Rez dog rescue from Skownan First Nation. Trying to train her a little to be my hunting pup companion. The first time I took her for a walk just myself - she found a squirrel tail buried in the leaves. Don’t let the eyes fool you, she’s a little thug.

Love it. Does she get excited for the training?

Our two Tollers are bird dogs. They go nuts at the mention of the word “bird”. The new guy pogos 3-4 feet in the air when he sees his tracking collar coming out.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Love it. Does she get excited for the training?

Our two Tollers are bird dogs. They go nuts at the mention of the word “bird”. The new guy pogos 3-4 feet in the air when he sees his tracking collar coming out.

Kind of tough in winter but she retrieves bird like toys well enough. Has a good stalk in her also.

For now it’s getting her to “recall/break” when she’s so focused.

I have no idea what I’m really doing, it’s a journey lol.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Actually here is a question.

We are looking at changing her to an adult food, she’s been on Purina pro plan puppy as she came kind of lean.

I’ve heard good things about Hills? Don’t want to go too nuts for cost, but something ok quality.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad