The prospects of NHL Draft 2006...

bullsville

May 13, 2006
...in 5 years:Toews,Backstrom,Kessel,Erik Johnson,Okposo and Jordan Staal
Im not asking for the points production,im asking for the type of players,(if they reach his potential or dont reach it) that they can be.
Example:Toews:Best case(if he reach his potential):Sakic
Worst case:Trevor Linden

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
...in 5 years:Toews,Backstrom,Kessel,Erik Johnson,Okposo and Jordan Staal
Im not asking for the points production,im asking for the type of players,(if they reach his potential or dont reach it) that they can be.
Example:Toews:Best case(if he reach his potential):Sakic
Worst case:Trevor Linden

Worst case is more like Kris Beech. No matter how highly touted a prospect is, there is always a chance of him flopping. And, it is a very good bet that several of these top prospects will turn out to be duds. I hope Okposo is not the guy who turns out to be a bust (as an Islander fan) but the chances of that happening are far from zero.

Macster

Aug 26, 2005
Hammonds Plains, NS
Not on your list, but the 6th overall pick in 2006- Brassard.

Best Case- Daniel Briere

It's tough to say what a potential worst case would be, because a bust is a bust IMO.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Bobby Sanguinetti

Best- Scott Niedermeyer

Bust- Tom Poti

Sanguinetti doesn't have Niedermayer's defensive acumen and his bust rate is much higher than what you think it is. I'm not trying to put the kid down or anything, but let's be honest here.

David Fischer

Best Case- Bret Hedican
Worst Case- David Wilkie

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Jonathon Bernier

best case: MA Fluery (with the lateral movement)

worste case: Jason LaBarbera (great in the minors, not much in the pro's)

but of course, it is too early too be making comments on goalies, given the fact that he hasn't even played in the minors yet.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Sanguinetti doesn't have Niedermayer's defensive acumen and his bust rate is much higher than what you think it is. I'm not trying to put the kid down or anything, but let's be honest here.

David Fischer

Best Case- Bret Hedican
Worst Case- David Wilkie

Yeah I agree with you with Sanguinetti...Niedermayer is the top defenceman of the NHL. Bobby will never be able to reach that level of play. He could look more as a less productive Gonchar.

As for Fischer, don't you think that his upside is more than Bret Hedican?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Backstrom I think will become a Zetterberg type player with the occasional glimpse of Forsberg's mean streak in him.

However...yea, no prospect is beyond pure old simple "Not even close to the NHL level bust" that would be my downside for every prospect.

CH Wizard

Claude Giroux

Best case: Daniel Briere
Worst case: Oleg Saprykin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad