The prospects of NHL Draft 2006...

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Vampire?

What are you talking about?

:biglaugh: That "little vampire" named Daniel Briere? Idk, that stood out at me too and I laughed for some reason, I could see the physical comparison to a degree.

Lol, then the poster goes on to state that he has his influence over everyone.

SChan*

I'm sorry but some of these posts are very funny,

Some of these worst cast scenarios are pretty absurd, I mean I see names like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Ohlund, Jovanovski, and so on, I'm sorry but this is way too much, how about the word "Bust"? because that's a worst case scenario for every prospect out there even if it was Erik Johnson, Nicklas Backstrom, or whatever, sure these guys have a great potential, but sometimes even the best of them youngsters bust out.

neither zetterberg or Datsyuk are something special. They're good players, but hardly star players.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
neither zetterberg or Datsyuk are something special. They're good players, but hardly star players.

We're talking "worst-case scenario" here, not "minorly disappointing scenario".

The worst-case scenario for every player is pretty flat: outright bust.

Although we could change it to: worst-case scenario without busting. Though, even as such, your projection of Backstrom to be a Zetterberg at the very worst is still rather ludicrous.

SChan*

We're talking "worst-case scenario" here, not "minorly disappointing scenario".

The worst-case scenario for every player is pretty flat: outright bust.

Although we could change it to: worst-case scenario without busting. Though, even as such, your projection of Backstrom to be a Zetterberg at the very worst is still rather ludicrous.

why are you just complaining at me? Several other posters said a worst case scenario similar to Zetterberg. Why am I the only one who should get jumped on?

I see worst case ohlund, I see jovaniski, i see lemiuex, i see Pavel Datsyuk, I see linden etc

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
why are you just complaining at me? Several other posters said a worst case scenario similar to Zetterberg. Why am I the only one who should get jumped on?

I see worst case ohlund, I see jovaniski, i see lemiuex, i see Pavel Datsyuk, I see linden etc

Then your commect of "neither zetterberg or Datsyuk are something special. They're good players, but hardly star players."
does not stick with the topic, either you agree with those worst case scenarios or that commect is not necessary.

SChan*

Then your commect of "neither zetterberg or Datsyuk are something special. They're good players, but hardly star players."
does not stick with the topic, either you agree with those worst case scenarios or that commect is not necessary.

now you're getting off topic. Keep on topic or dont comment.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Matt Corrente, I don't know exactly what his top end potential is but he is very similar to Mike Green for Washington that has me very excited.

Rico Im Ur Fata

Jun 23, 2003
Hong Kong
Not really...

Best Case: Keith Primeau (Superior hands, vision, scoring, speed, agility)
Worst Case: Keith Primeau (Better hands, vision, scoring)

:dunno:

Like what some people are saying here, the worst case scenario for any prospect is flat out bust. Of course, a selected few like Jordan Staal, Anze Kopitar, Alex Radulov etc are a little different because they are already playing (and excelling) in the league. That doesn't mean they are guaranteed to succeed long term - they can still bust after a good rookie campaign a la Alexandre Daigle.

With Jordan, I see his best case scenario as a mix between Keith Primeau and Jason Arnott. And that's a flattering projection for him. At worst, naturally, he could bust.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
SO WHY ARE YOU JUST POINTING OUT THIS FOR JUST ME? THE OTHERS WHO HAVE LISTED WORST CASE SCENARIOS HAVE USED MINOR STAR PLAYERS ALSO. THIS MADE ME EXTREMLEY ANGRY.

I am sorry but Backstrom is easily the best player out of the 2006 prospect draft whether you like it or not.

Dude...... seriously....... DUDE!!!!!!

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Jonathon Bernier

best case: MA Fluery (with the lateral movement)

worste case: Jason LaBarbera (great in the minors, not much in the pro's)

but of course, it is too early too be making comments on goalies, given the fact that he hasn't even played in the minors yet.

More like...
Best case: JS Giguere
Worst case: Jamie Storr (by default since we are talking about a Kings' goaltending prospect)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad