Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
yeah Klague is not an overager...

He slipped to the 2nd round because he was playing behind Provorov and an actual overager in Erkamps

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
yeah Klague is not an overager...

He slipped to the 2nd round because he was playing behind Provorov and an actual overager in Erkamps

Comparison to Juolevi? He's 1 month younger than Olli. A bit smaller. 2nd round vs 1st round. Both are headed to the WJCs.

Guess at who wins out in this one between the Kings and the Canucks?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Comparison to Juolevi? He's 1 month younger than Olli. A bit smaller. 2nd round vs 1st round. Both are headed to the WJCs.

Guess at who wins out in this one between the Kings and the Canucks?

It's more than just 1st round vs 2nd round (Top 5 vs a late 2nd rounder). Absolute abomination that we gave up the 33rd overall pick in the Gudbranson trade in a round that features: Debrincat, Clague, Girard, Raddysh, Macherin, Dahlen, Kyrou, Hart.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
It's more than just 1st round vs 2nd round (Top 5 vs a late 2nd rounder). Absolute abomination that we gave up the 33rd overall pick in the Gudbranson trade in a round that features: Debrincat, Clague, Girard, Raddysh, Macherin, Dahlen, Kyrou, Hart.

Fully understand. Just wondering if this kid has a chance to be a real winner.

Reactions: timw33

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Just got back from the WJC team USA scrimmage here in Columbus. Will Lockwood looked impressive. Great speed. Seemed to thrive in the neutral zone. Looks like he’ll be a solid player for your guys’ system for years to come.

I'm guilty of overlooking him as a prospect.
I'm kinda hoping he'll turn out to be like Jannik Hansen in his prime or a player of that ilk. Sounds very promising so far
thank you for the update. Much appreciated.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I'm guilty of overlooking him as a prospect.
I'm kinda hoping he'll turn out to be like Jannik Hansen in his prime or a player of that ilk. Sounds very promising so far
thank you for the update. Much appreciated.

Absolutely. He didn’t register a point but his team did win 2-0. Both teams’ defense looked solid as well as goaltending.

Reactions: cc

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Just got back from the WJC team USA scrimmage here in Columbus. Will Lockwood looked impressive. Great speed. Seemed to thrive in the neutral zone. Looks like he’ll be a solid player for your guys’ system for years to come.

Yeah I've been high on him since we drafted him. Love his motor and his game will translate well to the NHL. Thanks for the update

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yes.....some posters on these boards were wringing their hands about the fate of Lind and DiPietro, but Lockwood is the Canucks under-the-radar prospect who projects to make a strong USA WJC team. Basically the same age as all of the Canucks junior prospects but playing everyday in a much higher calibre league in NCAA Div. I....he's definitely a kid to watch.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Bode Wilde, Adam Boqvist, and Noah Dobson

Hey guys - one favour: Can you guys give me your opinion on the above prospects? Outside of Dahlin obviously, these three prospects are the ones that I'm interested in most based on the scouting reports I've read so far (combined with how they've been doing/trending this season). Furthermore, they are all RHD, which in my opinion, is by far our biggest need. From what I understand, both Wilde and Dobson are big and fast, and have a good offensive sense. Boqvist is intelligent and seems to have a great two way game (insert, 'omg! he's the next Karlsson/Lidstrom comments right here :P).

I obviously don't know where the Canucks will finish in the lottery draft placement, but if we aren't in a position to draft Dahlin, my hope as of this writing (subject to change obviously), is that we draft one of the above 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad