Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXXIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
You have got to be kidding me. This is really horrible news. It will mean a year of recovery even after "recovering" and all of the slow start, poor result, complaints about his development. The "Luck" this organization has is absolutely abominable. Very depressing. Almost a guarantee he heads back to Europe for this season now if it wasn't already. So sad
Symptoms vary. Some people have minor symptoms, negligible effect on them, others get smashed.

He was going back anyway, just isn't room for him.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
That's a major bummer for sure re: Dahlen. Even if it's a below average mono bout, it's still a major setback.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
What a disaster this years pretty much a rightoff :(

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Woah there Chicken Little, it's one prospect. We still get to see plenty of shiny new toys play on Friday and it's not like this ruins Dahlen as a prospect.

Sorry Rooster Big ment to say just Dahlen this years a rightoff

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Terrible news about Dahlen, but then it's not as if he's making the Canucks this year anyway....let him recover and then head to Utica.....if he has a solid year in the A, he becomes a better possibility for the '18-19 season.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Question for you guys: do the Canucks still hold the rights to C Rodrigo Abols or did they release him?

Thanks in advance.

According to Canucks Army at https://canucksarmy.com/2017/07/05/blackfish-summer-edition/, "The Canucks will lose the rights to Abols on June 1, 2018, as he was drafted out of the CHL."

I don't think it matters, though, as the Canucks haven't signed him and he is now on a 2 year contract, to expire in 2019, with Oresbro of the SHL. If he plays out his contract there, then the Canucks will no longer hold his rights. If he plays a year of his contract and Oresbro agrees to release him in 2018, then as of June 1 he'd be a free agent.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I never said he wasn't.

I just happen to agree wit BG on the point that at this point in their careers automatically assuming Gaudette would be ahead of Kerfoot on Vancouver's depth chart, or have an advantage due to being younger, is putting the cart before the horse.

Especially since Gaudette is at least a college season away from going pro.

if gaudette isnt turning pro, what value is there in immediate comparison? the only reasonable way to read that is a comparison between them either when they're both on the team (two years from now?) or how they shake up as prospects

edit: oh ok i read your later replies and we're on the same page, i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad