The Pre-Season Thread (Young Stars Tournament and Training Camp)

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
And you stillllll didn't read or call out the other guy for using it....jesus.

He used it to describe general aspects of "sports fandom". Not sure I agree with it but it seemed to include everyone on this board and wasn't aimed at a particular group of posters to imply a negative behaviour. At the worst it was guilty of devaluing the word "cultish" and the negative associations it carries.

Your post on the other hand seemed to point it at a group of posters that you have been at odds with for the past several days. It was exclusive, not inclusive.

But I'll leave it be. I think you accept it wasn't appropriate and I know I've let my keyboard get the better of me on occasion so let's just move on with our usual, more civil, disagreements.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I was agreeing that there can be a cultish behaviour in sports and it was a sort of tongue in cheek shot at the boards in general not actually directed at you?

Ahh.... I don't know what angle Canafan was actually approaching this from, but I read his reaction as being in defense of the swipe that I thought you were taking at me and how unreasonable it would have been..

Edit: *looks up* Nope. Looks like everyone's misinterpreting everyone.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Maybe we need a dedicated Feelings thread where everyone can share their feelings. That way we can talk about hockey in the other threads.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
He used it to describe general aspects of "sports fandom". Not sure I agree with it but it seemed to include everyone on this board and wasn't aimed at a particular group of posters to imply a negative behaviour. At the worst it was guilty of devaluing the word "cultish" and the negative associations it carries.

Your post on the other hand seemed to point it at a group of posters that you have been at odds with for the past several days. It was exclusive, not inclusive.

But I'll leave it be. I think you accept it wasn't appropriate and I know I've let my keyboard get the better of me on occasion so let's just move on with our usual, more civil, disagreements.

Wow talk about a stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad