Post-Game Talk: The Powerhut at Flyers | 12:30 | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The NBC broadcast was a horror show as usual.

Pierre McGuire with his usual nonsense.

Brady Skjei has had a great 2nd half.

Really? He was awful in the 1st half. He has not been great in the 2nd half.

Jimmy Vesey has had a good year with 17 goals.

Vesey has been invisible for 80% of this season.

This is the good one. David Quinn is a major reason for Mika Zibanejad’s career/breakout season.

Really? Zibanejad came into training camp in the best shape his career. He spent most of last summer working out with Prentiss. He was in awful shape when he reported to camp in the summer of 2017. Mika finally got serious his career.

Eddie Olczyk has been hanging around McGuire too much. Eddie said Brett Howden is a fourth line player.

Enough.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

This is the good one. David Quinn is a major reason for Mika Zibanejad’s career/breakout season.

Really? Zibanejad came into training camp in the best shape his career. He spent most of last summer working out with Prentiss. He was in awful shape when he reported to camp in the summer of 2017. Mika finally got serious his career.

Eddie Olczyk has been hanging around McGuire too much. Eddie said Brett Howden is a fourth line player.

Enough.

Skjei has had a good second half and I I credit both Zibanajad and Quinn for getting more out of him. The Howden stuff was funny, and only someone who checked the stats and never watched the games would say Vesey has been good.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Enough.

Is it at least possible that the arrival of a new coach played a role in Zib's new dedication?

I think Quinn has done a brilliant job here with inferior personnel. I judge a coach by his team's effort and I am very happy with their overall effort.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Howden is already a 20 plus pt player as a 20 year old in his rookie season. Not many 4th liners do that. He’s imo at least a 40 pt third line center. I really like the kid. Plays fast has had a ton of chances I think that start going in for him next year. He’s always around the net.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Enough.
12:30 PM on a Sunday is too early for that crew. And another weekend game against the Flyers? Zzzzzz.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Is it at least possible that the arrival of a new coach played a role in Zib's new dedication?

I think Quinn has done a brilliant job here with inferior personnel. I judge a coach by his team's effort and I am very happy with their overall effort.
Yeah @RangerBoy DESPISES Quinn because he tries to win games. You're not gonna see him give him any sort of praise, or credit, even.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Howden is already a 20 plus pt player as a 20 year old in his rookie season. Not many 4th liners do that. He’s imo at least a 40 pt third line center. I really like the kid. Plays fast has had a ton of chances I think that start going in for him next year. He’s always around the net.

I think we like what we see out of Howden sometimes and expect more but he looks like the center version of Fast to me, ultimately.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Pete R. Chiarelli,

Super Genius.

tumblr_lscn5wL9ce1qd438eo1_500.jpg
When it comes to tanking...... Chiarelli>>>Gorton
Quinn>>>AV
This is why I have said that we should have kept AV. I mean, what in the hell was Gorton thinking? No way on God's green earth would AV been able to get this team to be this competitive. Tony, Buch and Chytil would have been benched regularly or playing 6-8 minutes per.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I think we like what we see out of Howden sometimes and expect more but he looks like the center version of Fast to me, ultimately.
Yeah I don't really see that comparison at all. Stylistically or production wise.

Howden is much more skilled with the puck and has good vision. I think he'll be a 50 point player.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah I don't really see that comparison at all. Stylistically or production wise.

Howden is much more skilled with the puck and has good vision. I think he'll be a 50 point player.

I don't.

Fast is also very skilled with the puck and has good vision...for stretches. And then he struggles to produce for awhile. And then he goes on a nice little streak. He's inconsistent and what I've seen from Howden so far is that he also looks like the kind of player with that same kind of inconsistency. That's not a "bad" thing, it's just that most players in the NHL who aren't star players have some degree of inconsistency.

Kevin Hayes is a 50 point player and he's far more talented offensively than Howden.

People are watching Howden having a decent end to his season and are forgetting the very very long stretch in the middle of the year where he struggled a LOT. Yes he's a rookie and he's learning and I'm not saying he's not going to be a good player, I just dont' think he's going to be a high end 2nd line center like a 50 point center would be.

Being a center version of Fast isn't a bad thing...he'd be a good 3rd line center who could fill in with more talented players at times and produce well in spurts. That's what I expect.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I don't.

Fast is also very skilled with the puck and has good vision...for stretches. And then he struggles to produce for awhile. And then he goes on a nice little streak. He's inconsistent and what I've seen from Howden so far is that he also looks like the kind of player with that same kind of inconsistency. That's not a "bad" thing, it's just that most players in the NHL who aren't star players have some degree of inconsistency.

Kevin Hayes is a 50 point player and he's far more talented offensively than Howden.

People are watching Howden having a decent end to his season and are forgetting the very very long stretch in the middle of the year where he struggled a LOT. Yes he's a rookie and he's learning and I'm not saying he's not going to be a good player, I just dont' think he's going to be a high end 2nd line center like a 50 point center would be.

Being a center version of Fast isn't a bad thing...he'd be a good 3rd line center who could fill in with more talented players at times and produce well in spurts. That's what I expect.
Is Fast really "very skilled with the puck"? I wouldn't agree with that at all. He has decent hands, a decent shot, he's a decent passer....he's just ok.

I think Howden's vision and passing ability is noticeably superior, and that will continue to show as he develops his game at the NHL level.

I'm not forgetting that he struggled BADLY in the middle of the season, but that rough stretch will have been bookended by a very solid start and finish. Despite the rough patch, his points per game average is still just a little less than Fast in his very best season as a 20 year old rookie. And he's produced more this season than Fast in less games, despite being 6 years younger and a rookie.

Comparing him to Fast at this stage is implying that he won't improve at all in his point production, and I just don't buy that. I think it's ridiculously pessimistic, honestly.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
winning games now is just so rongos.

it forces a weird torn bi-polar reaction. like i feel bad they won.

but im happy we won, happy the guys that scored scored, happy guys played well, happy for the shutout.... but then you realize all of that hurts us.

and then you are torn and left shaking your head.

we should be losing.

and every win means the chance of getting that player we want goes away. on to the next guy and so on and on.

this tanking thing isn't easy.

Reactions: Rangers743

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

You don't think that there could be a coincidence to the amount of players that have taken steps forward this year and the arrival of Quinn?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Zibanejad also wasn't in awful shape in 2017 as far as I recall. We heard that he'd had some issues in the past with Ottawa and that he'd been training better to come to camp in better shape that summer. He may not have been in fantastic shape or best shape on the team but I think people tend to exaggerate these kind of things. I think he's worked harder at being prepared for the season than he did at the start of his time here but I think acting like he was in awful shape isn't accurate either

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Zibanejad also wasn't in awful shape in 2017 as far as I recall. We heard that he'd had some issues in the past with Ottawa and that he'd been training better to come to camp in better shape that summer. He may not have been in fantastic shape or best shape on the team but I think people tend to exaggerate these kind of things. I think he's worked harder at being prepared for the season than he did at the start of his time here but I think acting like he was in awful shape isn't accurate either

Like my pappy always said, "Don't let accuracy get in the way of an agenda."

...wait my dad never said that and I don't call him pappy. Point still stands though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad