Post-Game Talk: The Powerhut at Flyers | 12:30 | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thought they played ok, but could of easily tackled on more goals. Flyers did not even care and did not show up, so did not make it too hard for them.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Why are some people so sure that Gyorg is just a placeholder for Shestyorkin? Reminds me an awful lot of when Quick started playing well for LA and people still insisted that Bernier was “the guy” moving forward

I really think we have two great young goalies but I also think Georgiev has made the best of his opportunities and is going to have an edge. He's got his adjustments to North America out of the way and he knows exactly what the team is about and has shown he can steal games and face a lot of rubber. He's not always been consistent for stretches though. Sometimes he has a great game and the next one is alright but alright doesn't work with this group. He has been our best goalie since the deadline.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Geo is flat out awesome. Enough said. I think i hang onto him unless something presents itself where it is hard to say no. At the very least he's already proven himself a very good and very capable backup goalie.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Great win! f*** Philly!
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Except KHL is a better league than AHL.

I think there’s just a style adjustment that is often needed between leagues. Samsonov also came over and started in the AHL and sucked at first. He also had quite good KHL numbers. He’s doing better now but there’s definitely an adjustment for most players one way or another

Reactions: nyr2k2

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think there’s just a style adjustment that is often needed between leagues. Samsonov also came over and started in the AHL and sucked at first. He also had quite good KHL numbers. He’s doing better now but there’s definitely an adjustment for most players one way or another

Agree but he'll probably need couple months in the A, not 2 seasons.

Reactions: kovazub94

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Stop it...they arent trading him and wont have to worry about losing him. Hanks contract is over before the expansion draft.

I don't think Hank is going anywhere.

I'd also caution anyone on thinking that this is going to be the norm for him. He's been good of late, but
he's had plenty of stinkers this year.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I don't think Hank is going anywhere.

I'd also caution anyone on thinking that this is going to be the norm for him. He's been good of late, but

Maybe, but I also don’t see him ending his career with us as a backup, making significantly less than he does now. And I don’t see him moving to another city — except as a rental after the last trade deadline of his career.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Agree but he'll probably need couple months in the A, not 2 seasons.

Well I think the worry is Shesty not wanting to go to the AHL but hopefully that won't be a big issue if he needs to spend some time there

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Georgiev? Yeah for some reason I still don't quite see "consistent NHL starter" in him but it can be hard to tell with the defense the Rangers have...sometimes he plays better than Lundqvist, sometimes he has some pretty bad games, but regardless seems like they should hold onto him as long as they can

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I missed the game this morning. Was it good enough to watch the entire recorded game, or should I just watch the extended highlights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad