Triumvirate of Luminous Spheroidal Astronomical Objects

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I feel so liberated by Nieves. Like I've been advocating for him for over five years now. And for most of those I knew he'd make it as a bottom-six player but even on that a lot of people were skeptical.

Now I just need Fogarty to come back and record some points. Full liberation. LOL.
I feel you. I thought Boo had the potential to become a good 3rd line center (and an average 4th liner at worst), and it feels good to see him do well. However, we still don’t know for sure. We need a bigger sample size.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
He was outstanding. If he can just calm the F down he could be a hell of a player. So refreshing watching him out there and not Pionk getting dummied for 25 mins
Why can’t we just have them both play over McQuaid, Smith, and/or Shattenkirk?

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Idk if we’re going to see Hayes again, I don’t think management wants to risk their best trade chip getting hurt, McDonagh last year was a similar situation.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Lots of positives for team that needed them despite the tank.

1. Tony D. Playing for 1, solid game.
2. Georgiev.......needed a win, and made that outstanding save on tip by Lee with under a minute to go. Nice game.
3. Finally winning at Barclay arena.
4. Zuccha......with a much needed goal, regardless if it was a little lucky. He made the play by aggressively going to the net.
5. Shatty another good game.
6. Last but not least, CHYTIL getting his much needed goal. Kid has been playing hard, and might have hit a wall, but he is still trying out there.

Two potential bad things.......
1. Possible Claesson injury.
2. 2 pts.......need I say more?

Okay with the 2, hate the Islanders, and this team really doesn't need a very long losing streak.......any more than it already was. Have to have some hope going into each game. Now, on to Columbus where we probably will start another losing streak.

Reactions: leetch99

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Idk if we’re going to see Hayes again, I don’t think management wants to risk their best trade chip getting hurt, McDonagh last year was a similar situation.
Given that he's a rental I'd think they need to bring him back for a few games at absolute minimum, to show he's healthy. If he has an "upper body injury" and misses every game from then to the TDL I would think that would cause teams to have some hesitation.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I feel you. I thought Boo had the potential to become a good 3rd line center (and an average 4th liner at worst), and it feels good to see him do well. However, we still don’t know for sure. We need a bigger sample size.
I have no doubt it's there. I've been convinced of it for too long. I also think he could be more productive on the wing, like he was at Michigan.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Given that he's a rental I'd think they need to bring him back for a few games at absolute minimum, to show he's healthy. If he has an "upper body injury" and misses every game from then to the TDL I would think that would cause teams to have some hesitation.
That's what physicals are for IMO.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That's what physicals are for IMO.
Yeah, and physicals will catch most things. That's fair. But if he were having a neurological issues (like if he was concussed) you can only "clear" so much.

Beyond that, even if you were just going to bank on a physical assuaging any concerns from other teams, they'd still be getting a guy who hasn't played for over a month and a half. That's not ideal in a rental scenario where you ideally want a guy to jump right in, not take an indeterminate amount of time to find his stride.

IDK. I could see them scratching him a week or two before the deadline, but I don't think holding him out from this point forward increases increased his value or our leverage in negotiations.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
We had the Islanders commentators. They praised Zibanejad for his face offs, all though they thought he cheated on the last one.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Triumvirate of luminous spheroidal astronomical objects lol

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Honestly, I think it was his ability to gain control of the puck on the defensive boards that helped the most.

There is this constant narrative that he is bad defensively, but it's actually his biggest strength. He uses his stick to get the puck from guys on the boards very consistently (or he did last year at least) and then he has the wheels to get to open ice and start the break out.
Good point. I don’t have a ton of memory to go by. But my impression is he was good at tracking down and grabbing the puck in the defensive zone and skating it out of danger. He would be a bit useless after that. But the first part is a very good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad