Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at the Island | 01/12/19 - 1PM - MSG

Triumvirate of Luminous Spheroidal Astronomical Objects

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We win. f*** you Islanders and your Bar-claim Center too.

I like Georgiev. I think he's the real deal--he just needs to get more consistent--that's not always easy to do if you're not playing a lot.

Good on Zucc to get the game winner. That goal doesn't happen with Kreider crowding the net. Really nice goal by Chytil too. Nieves has been doing alright at 4C.

Didn't look good with Claesson. Hopefully not long term.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I remember him being good at stick checking with an active stick, but I also remember a good amount of defensive lapses.

Yeah, the area in his own zone that needed work was positioning when he wasn't engaging the puck carrier. Unfortunately for him, that's a lot more noticeable than coming away with more than his share of loose pucks.

It's too bad that he never found a way to be effective in the o-zone, because he spent a lot of time there. Pionk was the inverse of that last year; him and Staal would get pinned for long periods, but when he got a chance in the o-zone he was lethal.

That it looks like we got one legit NHL d-man out of the two is a win in my books.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
For ****s and giggles I listened to the Islanders feed.
Terrible whining complainers they are. Sam and Joe x gazillion over those clowns.
I prefer Sam to everyone, but I would probably have Butch Goring over Joe. At least Butch is entertaining.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Yeah, the area in his own zone that needed work was positioning when he wasn't engaging the puck carrier. Unfortunately for him, that's a lot more noticeable than coming away with more than his share of loose pucks.

It's too bad that he never found a way to be effective in the o-zone, because he spent a lot of time there. Pionk was the inverse of that last year; him and Staal would get pinned for long periods, but when he got a chance in the o-zone he was lethal.

That it looks like we got one legit NHL d-man out of the two is a win in my books.
My eye test worked lol

And definitely. I expected Gilmour to be nothing more than a decent AHLer, and Pionk to be a #6 d-man (#5 d-man at best). And I would have been happy with that, but it seems that both of them have outplayed my expectations. Huge win to get that out of a 7th rounder and an undrafted player, especially since we got them for free, and didn’t even have to use a draft pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harbour Dog

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
1. ADA - one of his best games as a Ranger
2. Georgiev - made some great, timely saves
3. Skjei - great passes, took some nice shots, impressed me overall

HM:
Boo - he’s really impressing me as a 4th liner
Chytil - had trouble handling the puck all game, but had a nice goal and some good chances

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Also what's with the talk of Gilmour? Bigras is the "fringe" prospect everyone should be hoping to see. The one that might have a real future here.

Reactions: Mac n Gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad