Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at New Jersey | 01/31/19 - 7PM - MSG (Post Game Starts ~450)

Triumvirate of Luminous Spheroid Astronomical Objects

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lol no. Marty pavelich, Mike York, Marc savard, Alex daigle, wojtek wolski, gaborik, Darren turcotte, Spooner, poti, Mike Gartner, kamensky, easily 20 other creampuffs if I bothered to look who were all skill and marginal will. FOH with that narrative, the Devil's ran us over for almost a decade because the team was too soft.
The Devils ran us over for almost a decade because we sucked.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lol no. Marty pavelich, Mike York, Marc savard, Alex daigle, wojtek wolski, gaborik, Darren turcotte, Spooner, poti, Mike Gartner, kamensky, easily 20 other creampuffs if I bothered to look who were all skill and marginal will. FOH with that narrative, the Devil's ran us over for almost a decade because the team was too soft.

You forgot everyone's favorite Roszival.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Whatever is in the full picture is irrelevant if it's causing him to bench our best defenseman.

"Our best defenseman" as if that means something.

I dont want him to be stunted now just so the best of the worst can play a few meaningless games where he reinforces bad habits.

That said, like I said b4 I'm also open to the overzealous coach idea

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Great for the tank that ADA will likely sit. Absolutely horrendous in regards to Quinn. Starts 7 D-Men last game. Rotates them so never lets anyone really get going. Then benches ADA in favor of Pionk getting huge minutes again.

There is one huge change that preceded the 3 game winning streak. One. Just how stupid can you be to not see the correlation between the team playing better when ADA receives more valuable minutes. Did he just close his eyes for the 5 games prior to the break.
No one can be that stupid. Plain as day. Has to be for showcasing reasons that others sit instead. Pionk automatically playing is THE big ??

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Too much simplification. Buch is a perfect example to use as a reference here. This level of intensity in his play has been missing not because of something that Quinn did. It's all on Buch, and to be honest surprising to me that he needed another go around with more time in the stands, since he had mentioned how close he and Namestnikov got and the drama around how Names returned from a doghouse into good graces has all been unfolding in front of him.

As a Buchnevich fan I don't want him to turn into Spooner.
I am blown away as well. I really thought that would be the last time. He had been playing great prior to his injury earlier this year, came back pretty strong and I guess slowly went downhill afterwards.
Honestly, I just dont understand how "any kid" can take "anything" for granted. You would think he has witnessed enough "benchings" in game and in between games, first hand and otherwise.
Maybe inwardly he questions Pionk's minutes over Tony's or Marc playing every game, but that is NOT his decision and needs to control what ONLY he can control.
With that said, he played a fine game last night and even got some "responsible" minutes at the end......Vesey or no.
As for Vesey.......too much JT Miller in that pass that caused his benching. Jeez, he had options. No wondering why our defenseman are always stressed and feeling overwhelmed when they cannot count on their forwards for a little help from time to time.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah Hank is actually 8th all time in non shootout wins. And like i said before he’s going to end up top 5 in non shootout wins most likely.

So Fatso and Cangiolosi acting like shootouts are the only reason he’s reaching milestones is not only disrespectful but it’s just disingenuous.

Thought fatso was Brodeur? Doesnt Daneyko do it? Anyway, I thought Belfour was spelled like that, not Beflour. The only "flowers" I know of are Guy Lafleur and Marc Andre Fleury.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Quinn really plays his cards tight to his chest. In response to question about ADA not playing....."Thought that was the right move" or something similar, sorry) instead of saying yeah, we want the league to see how McQuaid, Shatty, Smith and Staal are playing and deserved of some "inquiries".

Loved Zbad saying "yeah, a rival game, and we don't like them very much". Yeah baby, thats what I like to hear!

Seems the Devils don't care for us either. How about those crosschecks delivered by Miles Wood (on Buchy) and Pavel Zacha on Pionk? Both VERY apparent, and especially Woods hit between #'s against the boards.....which could've hurt Buch pretty badly. #badhomeofficiating

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
"Our best defenseman" as if that means something.

I dont want him to be stunted now just so the best of the worst can play a few meaningless games where he reinforces bad habits.

That said, like I said b4 I'm also open to the overzealous coach idea
Using "it sucks being our best defenseman because our defense sucks" is such a terrible take. DeAngelo has been great.

Reactions: Ori

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Thought fatso was Brodeur? Doesnt Daneyko do it? Anyway, I thought Belfour was spelled like that, not Beflour. The only "flowers" I know of are Guy Lafleur and Marc Andre Fleury.
Fatso is Marty, he made comments to Cangiolosi about it that he relayed on air apparently. I don't think Daneyko had anything to do with it.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Quinn really plays his cards tight to his chest. In response to question about ADA not playing....."Thought that was the right move" or something similar, sorry) instead of saying yeah, we want the league to see how McQuaid, Shatty, Smith and Staal are playing and deserved of some "inquiries".

Loved Zbad saying "yeah, a rival game, and we don't like them very much". Yeah baby, thats what I like to hear!

Seems the Devils don't care for us either. How about those crosschecks delivered by Miles Wood (on Buchy) and Pavel Zacha on Pionk? Both VERY apparent, and especially Woods hit between #'s against the boards.....which could've hurt Buch pretty badly. #badhomeofficiating

The one on Pionk was about as blatant as they come... the official was a foot away as well which made the non-call that much worse.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Is that a record? 4 players with surname starting with a Z.

Did Chytil and Nieves even play? Don't really remember their names being called, yeah i was drinking.......but what's your point? Even Jesper was really quiet. I laughed when they called that penalty on Devil for hooking Smith. Jesper turned around (as he was interfering with Devil player or vice versa) thinking the penalty may have been on him. He has been called for a few recently, maybe he is paranoid. I lol'ed.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Becoming the player he was projected to be when he was drafted. You go back and read those reports and this is exactly what the Sens were envisioning.
He's certainly been a great player for us. I lived in Texas for a while and that was when Zibanejad had one of the LBIs that kept him out right when he was heating up. But he's taken on the role well. When he winds up for the 1 timer it's really, really exciting. Can't help but inch to the edge of my seat.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Using "it sucks being our best defenseman because our defense sucks" is such a terrible take. DeAngelo has been great.
Good thing that's not what i did... I guess if you wanted to grossly simplify one part of my last post you could have extracted that. The irony is that my first response in this chain was based on you oversimplifying something else.

But now I have to sit here and break down what should have been very simple to get. Which is that what I DID do was point out how you were exaggerating the whole "our best defenseman" line in order to ignore the obvious. Which is that being the best of a bunch of bags of shit does not mean nearly as much as you're trying to imply.

Simultaneously, there is the whole bit about not letting him reinforce bad habits in a meaningless season. This is when we can afford to hold a young, demonstrably immature player out for more games than we normally would while certain behaviors and lessons get drilled into him. Then, in future seasons, he'll be a better overall player when we NEED him. I just don't get how anyone could reasonably dismiss this
All while still fairly acknowledging the possibility that it could be the coach overdoing it too.

I said all this in a lot fewer words bc I thought too highly of your ability to process things I guess. Idk I still hold out hope you're being dishonestly obtuse on purpose but now I've gone and broken it all down further anyway and as per usual I'm f***ing cranky and aggravated early in the morning so I'm gonna go f*** off now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad