Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at New Jersey | 01/31/19 - 7PM - MSG (Post Game Starts ~450)

Triumvirate of Luminous Spheroid Astronomical Objects

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Fully expecting Vesey (for giveaway that led to 3rd goal) and Pionk (for being hot garbage in his own end all night long) to be scratched next game. They have to play better, right?

Reactions: mrhockey193195

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
8 pts from bottom 8 points from wildcard ............yikes
Zuke is back and if I am someone who needs a top 6 there is your man...Preds,Bruins,Pitt,Vegas or Dallas

ADA is sitting to showcase everyone............Larry asked Staal and he did not outright reject idea

Reactions: Winston2018

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Quinn on why ADA was scratched:

I thought something needed to happen. (Meaning he wasn't doing something Quinn was looking for, again.)

This cryptic sh*t needs to end. Just flip him at the deadline if there's no future for him here

If there was no future for him they would be showcasing him. The fact they are trying to fix his bad habits means they like most parts of his game, same with Buchnevich. It's a teaching year, they hope to have these guys straightened out for next year.

Reactions: will1066

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Honestly I think Quinn just likes Pionks game better which is a damming indictment itself, but he’s happy to run with it and his vets and just rotate deangelo in when Smith plays terrible or something

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Can you imagine being Brodeur and having multiple cups and all the records and first ballot hall of farmer and being a dick like that? Why wouldn’t he just be humble and gracious and stuff? What a total *****ebag. He also played half his career in the shootout era as well so what’s the point in bringing it up?

How about before OT was introduced? Until the 1983 season there was no OT so all the goalies who played before then didn’t get to win games in OT which Brodeur did a lot of.

Also stupid to bring up because the goalie has to earn those wins.

Hank has 60 shootout wins, some even without them he has 387 which is 2 behind Hasek for 11th all time. With 3 shootout era goalies also above in Marty, MAF and Luongo. Still Hank earned those wins.

Cangiolosi and Brodeur are knobs about it because Lundqvist is an all time great regardless of shootout wins being an apparent asterisk, the people who get their stats inflated by it are more the mid level guys getting higher up the list, guys like Quick or Miller or Ward end up inflating their win totals with this. A guy like Hank would end up top end of this list regardless. Take shootouts away he’s still going to clear 400 and prob would’ve ended up close to top 5 anyway.

Cangiolosi has a face for radio and has a voice for monster truck rallies. And Brodeur cheated on his wife with her sister. Imagine how much of an ******* you have to be to have everything he accomplished in his career and be talking crap about other player? What a total *****e.

Brodeur is a piece of garbage anyway, Brodeur would face like 15 shots a game, not to hard to win when your team would be clutching and grabbing and not allowing others to take shots on you. If Hank faced 15 shots a game, he would have more wins then Marty. BTW Hanks Save % 919, the all mighty Brodeur 912 %.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
My standing on the whole Pionk thing is now at a grin-and-bear-it/father (Quinn)-knows-best approach.

This, despite that Pionk continues to put everyone around him in bad situations on a consistent shift-by-shift basis.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
My standing on the whole Pionk thing is now at a grin-and-bear-it/father (Quinn)-knows-best approach.

This, despite that Pionk continues to put everyone around him in bad situations on a consistent shift-by-shift basis.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Shining example of how the Rangers are only out of the basement because their top players dig them out of holes, and yet they still value character over ability.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Tell you what the devils are horrendous. There isn’t a legit top end player on that entire team outside of hall who will probably run for the hills when it’s ufa time. They’re bad. We look loaded compared to them. That’s scary.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Tell you what the devils are horrendous. There isn’t a legit top end player on that entire team outside of hall who will probably run for the hills when it’s ufa time. They’re bad. We look loaded compared to them. That’s scary.
I texted my brother last night and mentioned to him that the Devils have a plethora of no-name scrubs.

Shero doing the same thing he did in Pittsburgh, but without the elite talent to cover up his garbage team building.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

I like Kyle Palmieri who grew up a Ranger fan, too. But yeah that's about it.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Just watching the encore. Mika’s becoming such a beast. Too bad he’ll be 26 next year.

All of 26 lol

This kid is going to just get better. I’m more concerned he’s only got a 5 year contract to work with.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Just watching the encore. Mika’s becoming such a beast. Too bad he’ll be 26 next year.

For me Zbad is what you and @Edge seem to think Kreider can be going forward.

We don't need to rehash it, I understand both your points of views, I just have those two players in two different categories given the difference in age, position and term remaining.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
For me Zbad is what you and @Edge seem to think Kreider can be going forward.

We don't need to rehash it, I understand both your points of views, I just have those two players in two different categories given the difference in age, position and term remaining.

I have both players in that category. Mika’s top end is higher than Kreider’s. But, he’s less of the rare bird that Kreider is. Add in a potential top end player or two in the upcoming draft, along with Chytil and Kravtsov, and Mika and Kreider solidifies your top six.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
All of 26 lol

This kid is going to just get better. I’m more concerned he’s only got a 5 year contract to work with.
He's under contract for 3 more seasons after this. So he'll be 29 when his current deal expires, same as Kreider. Could make things tricky when we get there, but who knows. So many things will happen between now and then.

I'm just enjoying watching Mika become the player he always had the potential to be. He's been a joy to watch, just dominating out there.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Becoming the player he was projected to be when he was drafted. You go back and read those reports and this is exactly what the Sens were envisioning.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Shining example of how the Rangers are only out of the basement because their top players dig them out of holes, and yet they still value character over ability.

BS take. If these top end guys lacked character and drive Zibanejad would be on a pace for 50 points, Zuke would never recover from his earlier in the season woes and Kreider would be happy again to be a respectable 20+ goal forward.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
BS take. If these top end guys lacked character and drive Zibanejad would be on a pace for 50 points, Zuke would never recover from his earlier in the season woes and Kreider would be happy again to be a respectable 20+ goal forward.

You’re reading his comment incorrectly. @Machinehead is saying that, IHO, the Rangers don’t value what those three players bring to the table as much as they value ‘character’. It’ also relate to his take on the ADA/Pionk debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad