Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse* at Devils | 7:00 pm | MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Islanders broadcast team is the best broadcast team on MSGN, aside from Goring. I would kill to have Burke/Hogan.

Change my mind.
I’m literally the opposite. I can’t stand anyone on the Islanders broadcasting team besides Goring. Burke appears to be a tool, in my opinion. The guy’s demeanor just seems so fake, his smile is creepy, and I do not like his voice at all, especially when he gets excited and talks loudly. Hogan doesn’t seem very “real” or personable, either. It feels like she doesn’t give a shit.

Goring is actually awesome. He’s not as biased as he used to be, and he makes me laugh.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hank is being awesome here. Saying that he always wants to play, but that Georgiev should be given the opportunity to play more.
Dude has always been all class, but don't worry people will focus on him being mad about getting scored on instead of the truly countless amount of times he shoulders losses himself and always says the right and classy thing.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I don’t mean to hate on Chytil (I never do, it’s just the Chytil moms that drive me away), but I just saw his goal, and it’s sort of ironic that his poor puck control allowed him to score that goal.

Again, this is not meant to be hate, Chytil moms. I can’t stress this enough. Just a joke.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I don’t mean to hate on Chytil (I never do, it’s just the Chytil moms that drive me away), but I just saw his goal, and it’s sort of ironic that his poor puck control allowed him to score that goal.

Again, this is not meant to be hate, Chytil moms. I can’t stress this enough. Just a joke.

Wait, what?

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Sam and Joe mentioned during the game

EDIT - and because I'm bored and decided to look it up on NHL.com, we lead the league in PIMS, PIMS per game, major penalties, bench penlaties and total penalties
Lol thank you but I was half-kidding. I know this type of stuff is tough to tell on here, but it amuses me.

Reactions: egelband and mike14

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Dude has always been all class, but don't worry people will focus on him being mad about getting scored on instead of the truly countless amount of times he shoulders losses himself and always says the right and classy thing.
I think 99% of regular posters here love Hank. The only annoying thing that's even Hank-adjacent is when people go "oh I feel so sad for Henrik forced to condescend to this level". That shit is nonsense. But it's not Henrik. Henrik is a Legit Living NYR Legend™️

Reactions: William Moneylander

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I think 99% of regular posters here love Hank. The only annoying thing that's even Hank-adjacent is when people go "oh I feel so sad for Henrik forced to condescend to this level". That **** is nonsense. But it's not Henrik. Henrik is a Legit Living NYR Legend™️

It's a pretty common phenomenon of life that small minorities are often louder than large majorities. That's because the majority feels secure in their position and doesn't need to defend it, whereas minorities try to amplify their message.

I don't feel the need to defend Hank because he is easily the Rangers greatest goaltender and one of the best players in franchise history (also we have @nevesis). People who don't agree with that scream until their lungs are sore to try and convince those of us that feel this way that we're wrong.

If anything, I feel pity for these people. They have completely missed out on one of the best parts of Rangers history. We have witnessed more than a decade of of absolute elite play combined with the utmost class and dedication we could ask for. It has been a pleasure watching Hank and continues to be. I rarely get attached to players, but it will be a sad day when he leaves this organization and I will feel a little less about the team as a whole. We can only hope that Georgie or Shesty ends up being half of what Hank was.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It's a pretty common phenomenon of life that small minorities are often louder than large majorities. That's because the majority feels secure in their position and doesn't need to defend it, whereas minorities try to amplify their message.

I don't feel the need to defend Hank because he is easily the Rangers greatest goaltender and one of the best players in franchise history (also we have @nevesis). People who don't agree with that scream until their lungs are sore to try and convince those of us that feel this way that we're wrong.

If anything, I feel pity for these people. They have completely missed out on one of the best parts of Rangers history. We have witnessed more than a decade of of absolute elite play combined with the utmost class and dedication we could ask for. It has been a pleasure watching Hank and continues to be. I rarely get attached to players, but it will be a sad day when he leaves this organization and I will feel a little less about the team as a whole. We can only hope that Georgie or Shesty ends up being half of what Hank was.

I'm not disagreeing that there is most definitely a "silent majority" within internet culture, but when looking at a summation of the perceptions of Lundqvist from our fan base, other NHL fan bases, NHL marketing, mainstream hockey media, and general media, the King has been and will unfortunately be criminally underrated in regard to how much impact he had on a this franchise and the league.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Quinn wants Lundqvist to get 20 wins this season. Hank has 18.

Coach David Quinn said before the game that Lundqvist would play one of the final three, but he wavered after the game and said he might give him two starts. The Rangers play Wednesday at home against the woeful Ottawa Senators, then finish the season with a back-to-back on Friday at home against the Blue Jackets and Saturday in Pittsburgh.

“I’d like him to get 20 wins,’’ Quinn said. “So we’ll talk more about that. He should be frustrated. He played well tonight. With 4 1⁄2 minutes to go, it’s a 2-2 game, so we had a chance to win a game, and unfortunately we turned it over and we were on the wrong side of it and they took advantage.’’

Lundqvist's quest for 20 wins damaged with loss to Devils

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Play hank tomorrow and we may actually lose that game. We really need to lose out at this point.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Well you could take my word for it or you could go here:

NHL Hockey News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games

Click on PIM when you get there. But anyway we're way ahead of the 2nd place Boston team. We're 810 minutes--Boston is 769 and Toronto has the least--493.

That same table will take you right to empty net goals.

The refs have hated on us all year. There have been numerous f***ed up calls--the one last night on Lemieux for instance. Mika's game misconduct was apologized for. Lemieux's match penalty was rescinded and 5 minutes subtracted a couple days later. The other part is the non-calls on other teams. Quinn's got a lot to gripe about.

Or maybe we're just a dirty team?

Last edited:

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Sam and Joe mentioned during the game

EDIT - and because I'm bored and decided to look it up on NHL.com, we lead the league in PIMS, PIMS per game, major penalties, bench penlaties and total penalties
And the Rangers have the second most fighting majors behind only Boston. Yes, we’re second in fights, it’s crazy. This is all Quinn. It’s definitely the change of culture on this team. You went from soft turn the other cheek AV to eye for an eye Quinn. This is what people like myself mean when we talk about “tuffness” and are made fun of for it on here. We’re not talking about useless goons who can’t play the game, we’re talking about installing a culture where everyone has each other’s back, and it’s like a Wolfpack mentality.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Well you could take my word for it or you could go here:

NHL Hockey News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games

Click on PIM when you get there. But anyway we're way ahead of the 2nd place Boston team. We're 810 minutes--Boston is 769 and Toronto has the least--493.

That same table will take you right to empty net goals.

The refs have hated on us all year. There have been numerous ****ed up calls--the one last night on Lemieux for instance. Mika's game misconduct was apologized for. Lemieux's match penalty was too or we'd have 5 more minutes. The other part is the non-calls on other teams. Quinn's got a lot to gripe about.

It has been ridiculous, if you have a first year coach you got to expect what 100 more penalty minutes with the way the ref's operate in the NHL today?

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It has been ridiculous, if you have a first year coach you got to expect what 100 more penalty minutes with the way the ref's operate in the NHL today?

It would seem. There have been weird calls all year long and the Rangers have almost always been on the wrong end when it happens. It's a real handicap when you're 27th out of 31 on the penalty kill. Special teams situations win or lose games. If we were league average in penalties and/or on our penalty kill we would have a lot more points.

I'm sure the coaching staff is aware of this discrepancy. I wonder how they're going to deal with it. It's interesting about Toronto too. They're on the least penalized end and Babcock teams are known for getting away with interference penalties all the time. It also argues towards the refs favoring the two oldest Canadian teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad