The Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Which is pretty damned great so far for us, no need to inflate it with games that don't exist in this season.

They're also 100% irrelevant.

Aavco is 100 % right here Mardy !!! The Jet's won their last 7 straight closing out last years season, and won 5 of 10 this year. That adds up to ( 7 +5)= 12 of their last 17 regulation season games, with basically the same players. ( except Kulikov) Also to close out last season (7), they were playing against good teams who were fighting for home ice advantage in the playoffs. You just can't ignore that !!!

As mentioned, this is supposed to be a positivity thread, and what Aavco stated were all indeed facts. This alludes really to how hard the Jet's are to beat. ( won 12 of last 17)

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Agreed. I think the point you were hinting at is Helles play sustainable behind the not as great D results. Good question, most times no it isn't but let's hope (trying to be positive) our defensive play improves significantly so Helle doesn't have to play at an unsustainable or at a close to unsustainable level.
Jets have outscored the opposition 22-9 (4.4 goals for per game) in Hellebuyck's wins so far. He could probably have let in another goal or two here or there and still pull of the Ws.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Aavco is 100 % right here Mardy !!! The Jet's won their last 7 straight closing out last years season, and won 5 of 10 this year. That adds up to ( 7 +5)= 12 of their last regulation season games, with basically the same players. ( except Kulikov) Also to close out last season (7), they were playing against good teams who were fighting for home ice advantage in the playoffs. You just can't ignore that !!!

As mentioned, this is supposed to be a positivity thread, and what Aavco stated were all indeed facts. This alludes really to how hard the Jet's are to beat. ( won 12 of last 17)

We won our last 5 to end 2016. That had nothing to do with how we played last year. Same as our end to last year. Be positive about our year now, no need to be daydreaming about some perceived notion of last year mattering now.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
All of Laines snipes from last season are completely irrelevant for this season but they still make me smile and get me excited. IMO nothing factual and positive can be discounted for this thread and every stone must be turned. That reminds me, I really appreciated Chevy’s smile when he won the lottery ;)

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Love the thread!

Lots to love and look forward to! This start was suspost to be a tough series of teams. we've done well. No team in the NHL is easy.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Which is pretty damned great so far for us, no need to inflate it with games that don't exist in this season.

They're also 100% irrelevant.

They're obviously irrelevant to you. But they are entirely relevant to this thread.....this thread is about being POSITVE

Why do people have to come here and be negative or posting in a sarcastic manner?

There are dozens of threads in this forum. Why do you need to poison this one too?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
They are in 2nd in their division with games in hand.

Helle is in 4th place for GAA for goalies with over 4 games played.

Helle is in 4th spot for sv% for goalies with over 4 games played.

If they win in Minny, they are on pace for a 104 point season.

They have a VERY real chance of going 10-4 in November.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Referring to last night's OT field test, here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/137331749/

Truly positive thing is that prediction about then-oncoming hangover proved to be only slightly harsher than projected. Good mood continues. It's nice to be sober and read about hockey and other sports without hurry to anywhere.

Aleksander Barkov's recent successes are positive thing too, as well as Eeli Tolvanen's roster spot in The Finnish NT. Lauri Markkanen's start in NBA is something over-positive, he is already best ever Finnish-born basketball player (by large margin) and if Bulls can act even slightly more as a team, sky will be limit for Lauri.

So, everything is so damn positive. Payday and all.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
They're obviously irrelevant to you. But they are entirely relevant to this thread.....this thread is about being POSITVE

Why do people have to come here and be negative or posting in a sarcastic manner?

There are dozens of threads in this forum. Why do you need to poison this one too?

It’s a cancer that infects every thread and that is ok but in my opinion it’s not for here. This thread is where you are suppose to say something positive then either bite your lip or f*** off to another thread to get something off your chest.

I look at this as a “potential” sanctuary, a small shelter where we can take a break from the storm.

Please don’t buzz kill my fellow Jets fans.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
We win tonight and we end October in 2nd place. How nice would it be to spend the entire season jostling with the other top Central teams for 1 of the top 3 spots.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
It’s a cancer that infects every thread and that is ok but in my opinion it’s not for here. This thread is where you are suppose to say something positive then either bite your lip or **** off to another thread to get something off your chest.

I look at this as a “potential” sanctuary, a small shelter where we can take a break from the storm.

Please don’t buzz kill my fellow Jets fans.

It's true, ps. In fact, some time ago, to my dismay, I began to see even my own posts take on a confrontational tone. (Although I shouldn't have been surprised that a board that attracts sports fans and ex-jocks should develop a win-lose mentality, even among its posters ;)).
As a result, I began putting more and more people on ignore and posting less and less, and before I knew it I had shut myself out. I have plenty enough conflict in my other jobs, so I too was looking for a place of sanctuary and celebration, not conflict and competition. Thanks to ERYX for creating the thread and I hope the mods can keep our 'sactuary' intact.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
I appreciate this thread and hope it can continue without too much garbage building up. I try not to take the board too seriously, but on occasion I've succumbed to the confrontational vibe as well.

There is plenty to be positive about. We are getting outstanding goaltending from Helle. There is tonnes of talent on this team and we just CRUSHED the Pens. Go Jets Go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hobbes69

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Looking at the schedule for November, we have a reasonably good month ahead of us. Home games are underlined, back-to-backs are bolded.

DAL
MON

DAL
VGK
ARI

ARI
PHI
NJD

NSH
LAK
ANA
SJ

MIN
COL

That's eleven games against western teams, five of which are against teams in the Central. Luckily, we get to face some of the bottom-feeders quite a few times, and outside of the game against the Kings, we won't be up against the best teams at all. I see an opportunity to make some noise.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's true, ps. In fact, some time ago, to my dismay, I began to see even my own posts take on a confrontational tone. (Although I shouldn't have been surprised that a board that attracts sports fans and ex-jocks should develop a win-lose mentality, even among its posters ;)).
As a result, I began putting more and more people on ignore and posting less and less, and before I knew it I had shut myself out. I have plenty enough conflict in my other jobs, so I too was looking for a place of sanctuary and celebration, not conflict and competition. Thanks to ERYX for creating the thread and I hope the mods can keep our 'sactuary' intact.

Yea I am not above it by any means and have suffered from a similar situation to what you are describing. I was just hoping to keep one thread where we can all hide from our own demons. :thumbu:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

This is the nature of any type of "fan" board, it's not exclusive to sports. I used to be heavily involved in Star Wars discussion forums and most threads devolved into huge arguments about which movie era was best, how so and so is ruining Star Wars, this is what they should be doing etc etc. Nothing different at all. The internet will bring out the worst in us due to the anonymity. So i just stopped being involved, it was ruining my passion for it.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
Jumping in to add love for Helle. This is a huge developmental year and it's gotten off to a great start.

I'm also going to give a shout out to Mason who, despite suffering some harsh losses, has actually played not too badly.. well enough that I think he's poised for a win and on an upward trend.

LOVE seeing those games in hand, as it was always so devastating looking at the standings in years past. You'd get upset about the point total and standings then think "well maybe we can make it up in the next few" only to notice that everyone else had games in hand. Salt in the wound. I'm almost irrationally happier to see those games in the bank right now than our official position in the central.

Ok.. I've been saving this for last... my hands can barely type this out.. but.. ugh......................;alskdj l;kadoi Tanev. There. He's been better than expected so far. And the whole line with Copp and Matthias have been getting it done.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Wheeler against Pittsburgh was a joy to watch. He probably read me venting out of frustration and proceeded to shut me the hell up.

Helle is a monster. I did not expect that at all. Really liked how he took responsibility for the Laine OT mistake goal as well (was not on him). When you get that kind of atmosphere and attitude as a group, it's a really good sign.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Here's an idea - if you see a negative post in the Positivity Thread, just report it to a mod and get it deleted. The worst thing you can do is keep replying and kick off a 2-page back-and-forth diversion.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ and Fishy

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Looking forward to seeing another strong game from Mason and to evening out our GF while retaining the strong forecheck from last game. Good results in the next few games lets Lowry draw back in at his own pace and should provide some insulation from the usual November swoon. Happy H'ween!

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Positive thing is that this site and forums allow an easy creation of The Negativity Thread when ever in demand, so we can keep this thread beautifully sunny and sugar sweet nice, cozy place to come take some breath.

It's also positive thing that if any negativity will occur here to stain this all-hugging positivity, our huggable mods can influence positively to that by weeding out and replacing such negativity to proper thread(s), so we don't have to fear the level of positivity would decrease here in the safe haven of general niceness.

As long as these lovely comments and debates doesn't make topic about STD-infections and such, there are no fears about confusion in what can be considered positive. :)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'll know when this is a true positivity thread - when Sipowicz makes a post in this thread, and "every one" of his comments within that post are 100 % positive. Then we'll know we have a "genuine and true " positivity thread happening here :laugh: I'm waiting for it !!!

Reactions: DashingDane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3