The Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Go back and look at the last 3 seasons of Connor and he started a bit slow then once he got rolling he really crushed it in the 2nd half of the season. The Moose and Michigan seasons were very similar as far as increase in production after the halfway mark.

Your so very right on this PS !!! - that's why it's imperative the Jet's leave him up here, and playing on the Top 6 - it will pay off "big time."

Reactions: ps241

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I guess it's true that a lot of us have been in a foul mood recently so it was probably a good idea for a 'positivity' thread. I am real positive about the fact that we all still care so much about this team of ours. I'll always be grateful that we are a part of the NHL as it's fun to have a team to cheer for.

In regards to this season, I'm feeling real positive about the play of Connor Hellebuyck. After last year I have to admit that I was losing confidence in him. I sure wasn't expecting that he'd be playing so good this year. He's been making the big saves when he's needed to and has just been playing real solid in net. Mason had a good game in Columbus last night so it would be nice to see him get back into the groove on a regular basis as well. Go Jets Go!

:jets

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Ehler's should win the Lady Bing, and I think Connor has a "very good " chance of winning the Calder. He's a rythym and momentum player, and when he gets on a roll, and gets more confidence -"look out" for the Jets !!! They have to get their offence going right now, and I'm sure they will.

Nah Matthews will win the Calder again this year, he is that good :)

But I hope Kyle gets into top 3 voting. I'll be happy if he pops in 15 goals and 40 points this year.

Reactions: FFHockey

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Leafs lost another one - that's a positive.

Kidding aside, another young team trying to figure it out . . .

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Anything can be positive if you put it in the right light ;)

Biggest for me:
Goaltending. Helle is confident and there is no voodoo in that. Mason bounced back yesterday!

Skaters:
- Connor has arrived! It’s not every day you can add a quality top 6 player for 10+ years. Super exciting.
- Poolman in the house! To my eyes he looks better than several starters already. Not worried about D injuries at the least.
- Ehlers. Who knew being fast and having good hands could help you out in the DZ :sarcasm:
- Scheifele is the best player on this team. The Jets franchise player. The first player drafted after returning home. Dare I say destiny.
- Kulikov. We can finally associate the number 5 with something positive.
- JoMo is quickly becoming underrated in these parts. What a fantastic young player. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up being the best defender on the Jets.
- Tanev. Has been the biggest positive in the Jets bottom 6.
- Lemieux. I love **** talkers on the ice and he has potential to chip in with goals.
- Hatrick Laine. The most undeveloped superstar in the making I’ve seen. Oozes talent and it’s terrifying to think of what happens when he puts everything together.
- Little. Most under appreciated Jet. Not flashy but all you have to do it look at the pts he puts up.
- Buff. No one can tell me they don’t enjoy watching Buff lay out some poor little shmuck.
- Frenchie. It’s super exciting he will be back IR and that we can inject another skill player.
- Wheels. No one wants this team to succeed more than him and no one try’s harder.
- Trouba. Young top pairing defenseman, check!
- Lowry. They say defense wins championships. Well Lowry is really good at that.
- Armia. With no Armia there would be no Avgard and that would be sad. Also we’d have no one to score on pk. If he finds his offensive confidence from Finland he’d be top 6 quality.
- Enstrom. He is going to be really cheap to sign next year.
- Matthias is really strong at cycling the puck.
- Copp is a duel threat. He is good at both hockey and football.
- Hendricks is great a doing exactly what PMo wants.
- Dano has great front net presence.
- Petan gets to play 18 min a night and that’s exciting for his development.
- I really like Myers height. One could almost say Stanleyesque.

Misc:
- schedule is great
- PMo does marvelously with the press
- Chevy. See Scheifele.
- Sip gets to drink for every game without having a drinking problem.

Most positive post in the positivity thread

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Well, thanks to most of you for "playing along". This thread shows there's still a lot to be positive about and hey, can't we have ONE place for hopeless homerism? Let the "realism" live somewhere else.

I guess I forgot one big positive ... Winnipeg has a team. Now, I know all the counterarguments but seriously, how awful was it all those years without a team? It's still awesome to me that Winnipeg has a place at the NHL table. And as I started the thread, we're in a Wilcard spot with games in hand.

How crazy is that? Seems like every year it's the teams around us who have the games in hand. And we're not even chasing. It's early days, sure, but it still feels good my friends.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Myers has been healthy, that's positive. Nearly matched his total games played all of last year. Major positive!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For real though...

Hellebuyck gives me hope and I'm happy that the goalies have stolen some points. Those points will matter IF they start playing well.

That really is the key isn’t it, they are keeping us in the fight. Our team needs to be better and they will but goaltending is such a big swing factor. Drink it in for now.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
That really is the key isn’t it, they are keeping us in the fight. Our team needs to be better and they will but goaltending is such a big swing factor. Drink it in for now.

For me, Helle has been the biggest positive so far. Without his stellar play we would be bottom 3 team.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Good depth?

On D sure I agree, but at forward we have a black hole for depth? Amongst the worse bottom six results in the nhl.

3rd line is not depth. That is part of the top 9. Note, use of word top. 4th line is depth. We have at least 6 good 4th line players. That's depth. :) :laugh:

Honestly, there is a great deal to be positive about. I really have only 1 negative and I'm not going to mention it in this thread.

Biggest positives - Bucky, Kulikov, Connor - there are more.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
3rd line is not depth. That is part of the top 9. Note, use of word top. 4th line is depth. We have at least 6 good 4th line players. That's depth. :) :laugh:

Honestly, there is a great deal to be positive about. I really have only 1 negative and I'm not going to mention it in this thread.

Biggest positives - Bucky, Kulikov, Connor - there are more.

I agree there is lots to be positive about and I've stated those over the summer many times. Now that the season has started things are not panning out so great, but I've still posted positive in this thread......just a few less then I did during the summer.

No team is perfect, it's just a matter when a problem appears you should fix it in a reasonable time period compared to the cost of fixing it and its size. 1-2 3rd liners would not be expensive to get, that's a positive and would solve a lot of our issues.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
We have an awesome fan base. Sure, we may get snarly sometimes and disagree but we're loyal to the core #truenorth

Some more positives are Connor, Poolman, JoMo, Laine development. We have a lot of great talent on this team and it's exciting to think of what that will look like when it all really comes together for us.

Reactions: larmex99

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I love hearing "True North" ring out in NHL arenas throughout the league. Makes me smile every time. Lets me know we are represented well.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Penalties. Only 4 teams in NHL have LESS penalty minuter per game that the Jets! That is progress!!! It paid off to work with ex ref preseason, it seems :nod:

We also have an extremely high SHG efficiency.

3 shorties scored in only 33 chances. As bad as our PK has looked we are only -4 goal differential while short handed

3.7 times short per game is not too bad especially since league average has increased.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
It would be hilarious after having a good team get let down by bad goaltending for years that the team will perform worse but be lifted by great goaltending. I would welcome that change.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Penalties. Only 4 teams in NHL have LESS penalty minuter per game that the Jets! That is progress!!! It paid off to work with ex ref preseason, it seems :nod:

Thanks this is a good one and I was not aware of it. I do know our fans have been complaining allot about our PP and it does feel like we take less penaties than the teams we are playing this season. Bizzaro world part 2 if we get the goaltending and take below league average in minor penalties?? Very good bizarre world by the way.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Lot's to be positive about this year, and that's how a team improves to the next level.

Biggest positive- Helle- whenever a team has a guy playing really above average, it lifts the play of the rest of the team. They all try harder. As coach Hitchcock once said, if you can hold a team to 2 goals or less, your chances of winning are great, and we've being doing that lately.

Kyle Connor- this guy will likely score around 50 points, maybe more, very nice touch around the net. Minimum he'll get is 40 points. This also goes a long way to forming a scoring 3rd line, with Perrault hopefully moving down to the 3rd line , with Lowry and Armia.

Kulikov - has shown to be very solid and filled the roll of a LD man for the Jets. Looks very solid, and has a nice shot from the point. Good signing.

New Identity- with the input of smaller , faster skaters, the Jet's are forming a new identity, and not just one of a big thumping team, but one that has highly skilled players like Ehlers, Connor, Laine and others.

I'm feeling very positive that the Jet's will make the playoffs, as the young guys mature and only get better. Should be a great game tonight against the Penns.

Last edited:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Last season Partik Laine averaged 2.79 shots on goal per game and over 82 games that would have equaled 229 shots. This season through the first 9 games he has averaged 3.22 shots per game and if he keeps up that pace it would equal 264 shots on goal over 82 games. That is a very nice uptick. If he shoots about 15% he would hit the 40 goal mark at that rate. His goals will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad