The Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Good depth?

On D sure I agree, but at forward we have a black hole for depth? Amongst the worse bottom six results in the nhl.

I would say we have NHL calibre players that are being called up. Nice depth when you can bring up Kyle Conner as an injury replacement (looks like he will stay even when Perreault returns).

If you wanted to bring up skill players, we still have Roslovic available.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
7) If we beat Pitt that means we will have taken 4 of a possible 6 points from Pitt, Columbus, Pitt (that would be big but is a big "IF")

Check your math. We currently have 2 out of 6 possible. If we win we'll have 4 out of 8

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I would say we have NHL calibre players that are being called up. Nice depth when you can bring up Kyle Conner as an injury replacement (looks like he will stay even when Perreault returns).

If you wanted to bring up skill players, we still have Roslovic available.

Connor is looking ok sure, not sure if Jack is ready. I mentioned the bottom six on our roster this to-date been very disappointing

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Check your math. We currently have 2 out of 6 possible. If we win we'll have 4 out of 8

I think he said IF we beat the Pens we have 4 of a possible 6 not that we currently do. There is only 6 points up for grabs in a 3 game stretch not 8.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I think he said IF we beat the Pens we have 4 of a possible 6 not that we currently do. There is only 6 points up for grabs in a 3 game stretch not 8.

We played Columbus twice though.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I was afraid of this five-game span, during which we have (had) Columbus once and Pittsburgh and Minnesota twice. At best, I expected four points out of this trip, and we have already achieved that with two games to go. That's a minor one, but realistically, stealing points from games in which you clearly are the underdog amounts to so much.

Also, while we're on the topic, it is awesome to be done with the #2 and #3 teams of last year by the game 10 mark.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
He means just the three game stretch we're in right now - the first Columbus game isn't included.

That's not what he wrote though. He never mentioned this stretch. He said if we win we will
Have taken 4 out of a possible 6 points against Columbus and Pitt. Ignoring the game we lost in regulation to Columbus.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We played Columbus twice though.

I think he was refering to the 3 game stretch of Pens, Columbus, Pens. Otherwise if you jump back to Columbus game prior to that then we should probably include the Minny game as well.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I’m taking my kids to the next set of home games, as a present to ourselves for enduring a month of minor atom practices in the middle of nowhere at 8am or earlier every Sat and Sun morning. I plan to give 110% in terms of positivity as a fan at each game. I will be the Tanev of positivity.

I am also planning on a whiskey per period in order to further enhance that positivity. GJG.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
For me:

#1 is Helly. I'd grown sour on him as I wanted him to be good and was worried he'd never get there. I'm extremely encouraged by his start and have again moved into I believe in him category.

#2 Ehlers. Looks like he has taken the next step, signed a nice team friendly contract and wants to be here.

#3 and #4 Kulikov and Poolman - big upgrades.

#5 a willingness not just to hunt for offense and play everything to the outside. A little less exciting but will serve us very well over the course of the season.

#6 Connor. He will be a mainstay in the top 6 for years.

#7 we have a ton of prospects looking very good. Starting with Niku and Roslovic on the Moose.

Good enough for now.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Honestly, I thought with all our acquistions in the off-season, we would make a Leafesque start. Anything other than that would be a disappointment, right?

Well, since then, I have given my head a shake and realized that the many points above from fellow posters are indeed a good thing. After a shockingly rocky first few games, the results have been trending upwards. It remains a process, but I am convinced that we are making headway.

Oh yeah, positively, in a nutshell, all of our off-season acquisitions are proving okay given the purpose for which they were intended.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I said this after the Carolina win. I like the way this team gutted out that greasy one goal game victory and I think that bodes well for this team. They also did it against the Wild. Then you look at this road trip taking loser points out of Columbus and Pitt. We weren't doing this last year - not enough. It's too early to say that this will be a trend but this part of the start is encouraging for me.

I think that Kulikov has been a great addition. I don't know if Mason will prove out, but Helly has been great this year and I have to think that in some way the fact that Mason is there maybe helps Helly. Not sure, I am not a goalie psychologist. But I do like having this tandem a lot better that last year's. And they are stealing us points this year. I view that as a positive. Some people view that as a negative or that it is just covering up real issues, but I view it as a positive. I am tired of teams coming up against the Jets and us getting goalied and then us talking about consolation prize because we lost but we are great because of how our 5 v 5 corsi was. I don't give a crap about beating anybody on corsi. I want to win on the scoresheet. I want to be Pittsburg. CF% below 50, but toting around the Stanley Cup.

And I am taking these greasy, gutty, hard fought games where we get a point or two as a really good sign in those terms.

Reactions: ERYX

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I think he was refering to the 3 game stretch of Pens, Columbus, Pens. Otherwise if you jump back to Columbus game prior to that then we should probably include the Minny game as well.

Well he didn't mention Minny at all just those two teams.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Keeping both pens and jackets to one goal each in regulation is hugely positive. Just need to score some goals, but team defence is much improved after the dismal start.

Brandon Tanev is not as terrible as I once thought. Always love when I have to change my opinion. Myers you're next in line buddy

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Keeping both pens and jackets to one goal each in regulation is hugely positive. Just need to score some goals, but team defence is much improved after the dismal start.

Brandon Tanev is not as terrible as I once thought. Always love when I have to change my opinion. Myers you're next in line buddy
Tanev has been surprising good so far. He isn't going anywhere soon.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I mean on the last 3 games not the season series (1-0-2). I am trying to forget the first Columbus game here for the sake of the theme of this thread. ;) I didn't state it clearly enough but I remember coming into this three game stretch thinking how tough it was going to be.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Anything can be positive if you put it in the right light ;)

Biggest for me:
Goaltending. Helle is confident and there is no voodoo in that. Mason bounced back yesterday!

Skaters:
- Connor has arrived! It’s not every day you can add a quality top 6 player for 10+ years. Super exciting.
- Poolman in the house! To my eyes he looks better than several starters already. Not worried about D injuries at the least.
- Ehlers. Who knew being fast and having good hands could help you out in the DZ :sarcasm:
- Scheifele is the best player on this team. The Jets franchise player. The first player drafted after returning home. Dare I say destiny.
- Kulikov. We can finally associate the number 5 with something positive.
- JoMo is quickly becoming underrated in these parts. What a fantastic young player. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up being the best defender on the Jets.
- Tanev. Has been the biggest positive in the Jets bottom 6.
- Lemieux. I love shit talkers on the ice and he has potential to chip in with goals.
- Hatrick Laine. The most undeveloped superstar in the making I’ve seen. Oozes talent and it’s terrifying to think of what happens when he puts everything together.
- Little. Most under appreciated Jet. Not flashy but all you have to do it look at the pts he puts up.
- Buff. No one can tell me they don’t enjoy watching Buff lay out some poor little shmuck.
- Frenchie. It’s super exciting he will be back IR and that we can inject another skill player.
- Wheels. No one wants this team to succeed more than him and no one try’s harder.
- Trouba. Young top pairing defenseman, check!
- Lowry. They say defense wins championships. Well Lowry is really good at that.
- Armia. With no Armia there would be no Avgard and that would be sad. Also we’d have no one to score on pk. If he finds his offensive confidence from Finland he’d be top 6 quality.
- Enstrom. He is going to be really cheap to sign next year.
- Matthias is really strong at cycling the puck.
- Copp is a duel threat. He is good at both hockey and football.
- Hendricks is great a doing exactly what PMo wants.
- Dano has great front net presence.
- Petan gets to play 18 min a night and that’s exciting for his development.
- I really like Myers height. One could almost say Stanleyesque.

Misc:
- schedule is great
- PMo does marvelously with the press
- Chevy. See Scheifele.
- Sip gets to drink for every game without having a drinking problem.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
For me:

#1 is Helly. I'd grown sour on him as I wanted him to be good and was worried he'd never get there. I'm extremely encouraged by his start and have again moved into I believe in him category.

#2 Ehlers. Looks like he has taken the next step, signed a nice team friendly contract and wants to be here.

#3 and #4 Kulikov and Poolman - big upgrades.

#5 a willingness not just to hunt for offense and play everything to the outside. A little less exciting but will serve us very well over the course of the season.

#6 Connor. He will be a mainstay in the top 6 for years.

#7 we have a ton of prospects looking very good. Starting with Niku and Roslovic on the Moose.

Good enough for now.

Great post Bogo - and I certainly agree with it. I was in the same camp as you on Helle, starting the year, and I'm happy he's making me eat my words. He does look very good "so far" and hope he keeps it up.

On Connor- "underrated" - will surprise, and I bet he gets 50 points minimum this year. This guy will be great-"very nice hands"- touch etc. Reminds me so much of Ehlers in his first year, and I took Ehlers to rack up 50 + points and he did. Connor will do the same, the guy is talented around the net.

On prospects- Don't forget about this Spacek guy on the Moose- I saw him score a real nice goal in pre-season. He's young and could be a nice surprise for the Jets, although I haven't seen him play enough- but he looked good from what I saw.

Last edited:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Ehlers will win the Lady bing
Laine will score his 40 goals

Connor Helly will be top 10 goalie
Schiefele will be regarded as top 5 C

Kyle Connor will be mentioned as calder candidate

Tanev scores 10 goals

Jets will make the playoff

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ehlers will win the Lady bing
Laine will score his 40 goals

Connor Helly will be top 10 goalie
Schiefele will be regarded as top 5 C

Kyle Connor will be mentioned as calder candidate

Tanev scores 10 goals

Jets will make the playoff

Ehler's should win the Lady Bing, and I think Connor has a "very good " chance of winning the Calder. He's a rythym and momentum player, and when he gets on a roll, and gets more confidence -"look out" for the Jets !!! They have to get their offence going right now, and I'm sure they will.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ehler's should win the Lady Bing, and I think Connor has a "very good " chance of winning the Calder. He's a rythym and momentum player, and when he gets on a roll, and gets more confidence -"look out" for the Jets !!! They have to get their offence going right now, and I'm sure they will.

Go back and look at the last 3 seasons of Connor and he started a bit slow then once he got rolling he really crushed it in the 2nd half of the season. The Moose and Michigan seasons were very similar as far as increase in production after the halfway mark.

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad