The Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I’ll admit, I was a bit critical of Wheeler as captain early on, but I am happy to have been proven completely wrong. He’s been a great captain and like a fine wine his play just seems to get better with age. He’s been a force this season and a key reason the Jets are where they are.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I have not been all that impressed with Wheeler at centre, but he just seems to be willing the line to positive results, despite at times getting shut down for extended periods.

He's the undisputed leader of this team right now, and it's showing on the ice.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
shotPlot-25-5v5-fen.png

This looks like a game I used to play where you would have to pick up the top stick without disrupting the rest.

Isn’t it better to look forward to clinching a playoff berth than calculating when it’s mathematically eliminated from playoffs!!!

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
Jets look so good now. What has changed from last season? Jets play safe. Helle plays great.

The depth is great. This team has wide variety of talent. Even without Lowry and Scheifele they can be a solid candidate to win every game.

There is balance. Jets offence is big, strong and fast, and defence has a superb self-confidence.

Every young guy in the team has taken a step forward, but during this season the development of Myers has been the most obvious. He looks like young Chara now. He and Helle are the biggest change from last season.

Keep the patience, no major injuries, improved defence by Buff, and we will do good in the playoffs.

Reactions: GNP

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
We're playing the #1 team in the league, and with our backup goalie to boot.

Not even out backup, but our third string goalie.

This Jets team is for real. 3-1 win over the #1 team in the league under these conditions? This team had true depth and true heart. They won't let anything stop them. I am getting more and more confident of a deep playoff run. These injuries could be a blessing in disguise as Scheifele and Trouba will be very fresh for the playoffs. The way the team is playing there will be no need to rush them back and they'll hit the ice in full beast mode like Lurch did last night.

All the pain and patience since relocation is paying off. I predict the Jets will even become a surprise bandwagon team. They are a fast, fun team to watch, and they have quality character.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
We ended up getting three points out of four from the consensus #1 team in the league. That is pretty damn good.

Reactions: bromine

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Sometimes I'm surprised to think how big our team is when I watch how fast we are. A good portion of our roster must be close to 6'5" and we are still incredibly fast overall.

Then look at how young we are overall. With the current lineup and the prospects coming up, we should be a very good team for a long time.

Big, fast, skilled and young..... and exciting :)

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Scheif injured, #1 healthy center poor game, #1 LW teenager poor game, #1 healthy RD poor game, #1 Lowry poor game etc. etc., and still the Las Vegas Freaking Knights that has been dominating the NHL was forced to give us a point. How is that not positive?

If we can get points out of games where our key assets are either injured or playing their worst games for the season, how about we get the #1 center back and our #1 RW doesn't have to survive as a center and they really get their play together?

Future is looking bright including playoffs this season. Pretty much every player has exceeded the already high expectations and even those that aren't are not to blame for out-of-this-world expectations.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Scheif injured, #1 healthy center poor game, #1 LW teenager poor game, #1 healthy RD poor game, #1 Lowry poor game etc. etc., and still the Las Vegas Freaking Knights that has been dominating the NHL was forced to give us a point. How is that not positive?

If we can get points out of games where our key assets are either injured or playing their worst games for the season, how about we get the #1 center back and our #1 RW doesn't have to survive as a center and they really get their play together?

Future is looking bright including playoffs this season. Pretty much every player has exceeded the already high expectations and even those that aren't are not to blame for out-of-this-world expectations.

I like the bolded

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
23-25-4
30-13-9

Last year, we had 50 points at this point. Now we're at 69. Goes to show how different things are.

I was confused about what thread I was on and thought those were line combinations. Took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out what was wrong

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I've spent a large percentage of my time trying to convince other fans to see the team in the light I have for the past few years. Anyone around here knows that.

I've also been a lot more quiet around here this season. There is a direct link to those things. The most enjoyable part of being an eternal optimist is the pure enjoyment of a hobby no matter what.

I was born this way I think. The most fun about this season though is changing my mind about a group of posters I thought would rather hate this team and it's coach/management than credit them for anything.

This thread started as a great idea to help give optomistic posters a place to enjoy and spread the happiness but I think it's greatest success has been allowing a place for those who have been very critical to reevaluate their opinions which has in turn changed my opinion about some people here and allowed me to take even more enjoyment out of this game.

Cudos to anyone who has allowed themselves to change their opinions this year and enjoyed what this team has become/is becoming.

I literally watch this team expecting to win every game now. Its wonderful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad