The Positivity Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Honestly, when did creating fantasies and optimistic scenarios become equated to being a "real fan". :)

Next one is at home, Ginette Reno will raise the roof.

Tokarski is polish for "one who fashions objects on a lathe".
Cups are made on a lathe.
The Stanley Cup is a cup.
Therefore Tokarski is one who fashions Stanley Cups.

Vanek is a slavic name that means "certain glory"

Subban is plural for Subba, a swedish word meaning "b!tch". Lundqvist is Swedish too. You connect the dots.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
We were one goal away from having a 2-2 series. Hopefully the team can use the crowd's energy and come out with a win!

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Good luck bud.

Thanks, not going too bad for now ;)

I approve this thread...

I'm in. Habs in 7.

One game at a time! We can definitely win tomorrow and then we're right back in it!

I'VE GOT THE FAITH!

GO HABS GO! :yo:

I still believe. I appreciate this thread.

That's the spirit! I knew I wasn't alone!

Honestly, when did creating fantasies and optimistic scenarios become equated to being a "real fan". :)

To me being a fan means supporting the team. Which is why I found it disturbing that so many posters were so keen on bashing 3/4 of the team before they were eliminated. Anything can happen in the playoffs, this is a time where the team needs our support. There'll be plenty of time to play the blame game this summer.

68*

We'll win the next 3 games. We are the team that deserves to be destroyed by the Kings in the Finals.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
We'll win the next 3 games. We are the team that deserves to be destroyed by the Kings in the Finals.

Only for Carey Price to come back and beat the Kings single handily.......wouldn't that be a story. :amazed:

HabsandSmokies

Dec 7, 2013
The Rangers have a thread on the main page discussing who should lift the cup first when they win it. Guess not only are we done but the western team is done too. Getting ahead of themselves a little I think (I think Kreider should lift it first. he did his best to get us out of the playoffs)

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
And *****ing and whining and bashing every player does what exactly? Except to depressing the hell out of everybody reading these boards...

At least being optimistic and having a positive demeanor breeds positivity around you.

I apologize for how tacky this sounds, but it is true.

Last edited:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
And *****ing and whining and bashing every player does what exactly? Except to depressing the hell out of everybody reading these boards...

At least being optimistic and having a positive demeanor breeds positivity around you.

I apologize for how tacky this sounds, but it is true.

Striking contrast between the comments made in the game 4 thread and the game 5 thread.

In game 4, guys are taking personal shots at the players and the team, while in the game 5 thread, the talk is about lundqvist being solved, and the how awesome the habs are.

The truth is that lundqvist is not solved, and he usually responds very well to a mediocre outing. The truth is that the habs are not gutless pukes, but a team that is trying hard to get the job done. The truth is that these two teams were very evenly matched going in, and the price injury gives the rangers the edge.

The polarizing talk from one day to the next around here can be nauseating.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
The Rangers have a thread on the main page discussing who should lift the cup first when they win it. Guess not only are we done but the western team is done too. Getting ahead of themselves a little I think (I think Kreider should lift it first. he did his best to get us out of the playoffs)

If you want to be a troll suggest Doughty or Carter

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Striking contrast between the comments made in the game 4 thread and the game 5 thread.

In game 4, guys are taking personal shots at the players and the team, while in the game 5 thread, the talk is about lundqvist being solved, and the how awesome the habs are.

The truth is that lundqvist is not solved, and he usually responds very well to a mediocre outing. The truth is that the habs are not gutless pukes, but a team that is trying hard to get the job done. The truth is that these two teams were very evenly matched going in, and the price injury gives the rangers the edge.

The polarizing talk from one day to the next around here can be nauseating.

Yeah I agree with this, but at same time these threads aren't cathering to the same posters.

After a loss, you see the pessimists, DD haters (the DD thread got popped back on top for some reason), the 'I told you so' crowd. After a win, the fanboys (myself included), the vindicative 'I told you so' but positive way crowd, and the bandwagonners mostly post and the haters stay quiet.

That said, no matter what happens I think that us, Habs fans, can be proud of what this team has accomplished. Not an easy task getting past the Bruins and competing hard without their no1 goalie.

But I still predict a summer full of DD bashing (moar size size size !!!11) and MB 2nd guessing. Nothing ever pleases all Habs fans. For myself, I've been a negative nancy for years now, since around 2000 when the team was just atrocious, but now I've changed my attitude toward this team and management. They brought hope back. Next few years this team will be improved big time, all the dead wood gone, all the young talent entering their prime.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Rangers have a thread on the main page discussing who should lift the cup first when they win it.

The only cup they're going to lift is the one in their jockstraps and they'll find out it has more room than when they started the series with us.

We got this. (TM)

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Hype Thread

Go Habs Go merci Béliveau I smell a Stanley Cup final this year wooo!

We are good for the next +5 years no rebuild thank you very much it feels amazing to be a Habs fan :yo:

Are we a top 3 team in the NHL?

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I'm excited but Tampa is stacked offensively. It will be tough getting past them every year.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
tampa is gonna spit-roast every team in the division, and unlike most offensive powerhouses, they have good defense and goaltending.

so yeah, like hudson would say "were ****ed! what are we gonna do now?!"

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm excited but Tampa is stacked offensively. It will be tough getting past them every year.

Tampa has it all over us.
We can still hope for the unthinkable.
Detroit damn near throttled Tampa last year and perhaps should have except for a blown coverage by Helm late in the third when the Wings were up 2-0 I think it was game five.
I just think that every bit of experience they acquire will make them that much tougher going forward.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

I really just hope they get shut down by a team like the Red Wings or Panthers in round 1 to give us a much easier 2nd round matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad