OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Whats a Running Back? Does it make the Steel Steeler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Watch the play again, Pickett should have passed the ball way before then. I counted and there was 3-4 seconds before he spins for no damn reason. The pocket was there for him to pass the ball on a 4th and 1 where he should be looking to hit a player on a short route.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Nelson said that the Austin interception was the same play and same formation that they scored on Vegas with last week, so it was extremely easy to be prepared for it.

Wasn't there an audio clip last year (or year before) on Twitter on the opposing team's sideline and they kept yelling "it's the same plays"?

This article can't be surprising to anyone with half a football brain: if you know what's coming, defending is super easy even for a defense that isn't talented

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Watch the play again, Pickett should have passed the ball way before then. I counted and there was 3-4 seconds before he spins for no damn reason. The pocket was there for him to pass the ball on a 4th and 1 where he should be looking to hit a player on a short route.
Well I see it differently. He sets at the 42 around the late 2 second mark. If he plants and throws right at that moment, the defender crashing through the line splits his plant leg in half. Self preservation is very important in football at times.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
They might but what’s the point? They won’t win a playoff game even if they somehow manage to get there due to ineptitude in their schedule worse than
theirs lol…but I do congratulate you for being the most delusionally optimist fan on this board…

Bigdaddys brain...

Bigdaddys brain on Roonlin, Any questions?

Reactions: Andy99

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

I agree there was a pocket, but I can't see if anyone was open before he gets to harris/checkdown. It seems like that play was slow developing from the start.

Regardless, this situation should not have occurred:

1) Why go for it there? Steelers needed a couple of scores and they possess one of the best kickers in the league. Take the points and hope your defense gets a quick stop and good field position
2) Why in the hell are you in shotgun on 4 and inches?

Couple of poor decisions for us to even be in that position where KP got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad