OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Whats a Running Back? Does it make the Steel Steeler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
2yhQ.gif

najee-harris-pittsburgh-steelers.gif

Just playin' off the RB discussion. That said, good on the union to ask, even if it was unlikely.

Oh I picked up on it :laugh:

But I just dislike lawyeristic nonsense that permeates our society. Shakespeare had it right...

Neil O’Donnell.? There is zero comparison between the two. Neil couldn’t move and struggled with accuracy. No one knows KP’s ceiling at this point, it’s all guessing. But I’m leaning way more upside than average as it stands right now.

They need to get rid of the franchise tag and start providing teams cap relief to keep their hometown guys. That will help many positional markets by not allowing teams to continuously franchise, but will also see teams be more likely to pay up for their own guys if they get some sort of cap kickback.

I get why the RBs are pissed, but this is just the unfortunate consequence when teams have the option to not pay them.

Yeah his play style is exactly like Kirk. KP will need a play action game to overcome his lack of arm strength he will need to be a much better anticipation thrower.

Again Billichick has 1 playoff win with out brady Hairball has 1 without Flacco Shanahan has a losing record without Jimmy G.

You probably don't need me to tell you the owners aren't going to agree to have less control and pay more money though :naughty:

Nah man, his playing style is nothing like KC. KC is a rhythm passer that struggles when things break down.

He’s Mr Roboto and that’s why he struggles in the playoffs.

Dude is in his 30s now and admits he always struggled in this area and needs to get better:

KP excels when he’s on the move and has to improvise.

I’ve pointed this out about a dozen times since I watched his film before last year’s draft.

This ability sets him apart from a lot of QBs around the league.

Your comparisons for him are poor and lack understanding of how he plays the game.

Hoodie is on the hot seat now, as Kraft admitted he needs to start winning playoff games. And this is a guy with 5 more SBs than Tomlin.

Your buddy Harbaugh was on his way out until he did some great shit for LJ and he in turn helped Harbaugh off the hot seat.

If Ravens don’t win a playoff game this season, his seat will get really hot - again.

Again, whataboutism is just more excuses for Tomlin who has an owner just shit and giggles happy he’s their coach.

BR was 5-1 in the playoffs under Cowher…8-9 under Tomlin. FWIW.

Yeah i am looking forward to the game manager at Qb again the gunslinger retired. Ben wasn’t asked to win it himself for 4 seasons i don’t think KP will be asked to win games before year 4 just do not lose them
Ben only won 1 playoff game that he threw 3 tds in

Oh yeah, the owners aren't going to want that, but with that being said, if they were owners that wanted to win, the cap relief would help the cause. For the owners who don't care about winning, they will never go for it.

The NFLPA is going to come for the franchise tag. It has screwed too many players out of long term deals. Simple solution is to allow a player to only be tagged once.

I haven't gone through the entire roster, but if you take out Seumalo, the most any player on the roster has won in the playoffs is 1 game. They really need to do some damage.

LMFAO... From Joe Starkey in today's PPG:
"It’s strange. The Steelers consider themselves Super Bowl-or-bust every year and operate as such, yet nobody seems to take them seriously as contenders anymore.

In fact, many praise them for mediocre seasons in which they either miss the playoffs or barely make them and get blown out."

"Somebody needs to remind me of the standard around here, because it sure seems like we have an annual case of Tomlin barely exceeding low expectations and drawing all manner of praise for it."

Khan is on fire! More quality depth at LB!

Yeah that signing is nice. I think he at least used to be really good in coverage. Between him, Holcomb, Roberts, and Robinson they should get better production from the linebackers than they did last year.

If just one of them can manage a sack, FF, FR or Int they will be more productive in regards to splash plays than the former group.

Having your X not score a single TD all season and your ILB group not produce even one splash play has to have astronomical odds.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm really interested to see Nick Herbig in the preseason. Media is raving about him both pass rushing and covering.

Reactions: td_ice

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Pottebaum retired 3 days into camp.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Good article with some quotes from George. Biggest football takeaway was the diversification of his route tree.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Good article with some quotes from George. Biggest football takeaway was the diversification of his route tree.

Calling out Howard and Ramsay. I like it.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Love the confidence, but I'm not envisioning ANY scenario where he gets a ton of targets in this offense. Makes me a bit worried about his ability to be happy in such an offensive philosophy

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The Athletic has its QB tiers out

Pickett landed in Tier 4 - unproven or limited veterans - although 24 of the 50 voters had him in Tier 3 (legit starter who needs help). The selected quotes pretty much said the same thing in different ways - top notch traits, Cousins/Carr level talent. Seems fair enough.

Reactions: Ugene Magic and JTG

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Some videos from training camp, Pickett is apparently doing really well at camp.

The thing that encourages me is that this video has multiple long balls to Johnson and Pickens. They need those kind of deep throws next year, they just didn't have them last year at all.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Some videos from training camp, Pickett is apparently doing really well at camp.

The thing that encourages me is that this video has multiple long balls to Johnson and Pickens. They need those kind of deep throws next year, they just didn't have them last year at all.

Have to call them during a game, of course,

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Pads go on today.

- Apparently Jones is scheduled to go against Heyward in 1-1 drills, so that should be an interesting battle.

I follow several reporters/bloggers who have been pretty reliable over the years and most have written that neither Moore nor Jones stood out in the underwear Olympics.

We’ll see how that ultra important battle progresses now that it gets real.

- Multiple observers have also said N Herbig has been a stand out with a lightning step off the edge.

Hopefully he can show the same explosiveness with his gear on.

- N Herbig said he’s rooming with his bro and it’s just like when they were kids and shared a room with bunk beds.

I’d kill my bro if I had to room with him like that, so glad to see they are enjoying it.

Last edited:

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I do hope they add some more variety to their deep shots this year. Last year, pretty much all of them were just go routes to Pickens or Johnson. You can’t really make any judgements one week in to camp, but from the videos I’ve seen that’s still kind of all we’re seeing.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I do hope they add some more variety to their deep shots this year. Last year, pretty much all of them were just go routes to Pickens or Johnson. You can’t really make any judgements one week in to camp, but from the videos I’ve seen that’s still kind of all we’re seeing.
from what little I've seen it looks like our qb is about to be killed. they are not going to hit him in practices but it looks like they are right there.

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
First fight of camp is going to be Porter and Pickens.

Porter is eventually going to lose it on him.

This is just one of several incidents like this and it's not even been a week.

It's funny AF, but Porter is a proud guy and this stuff has to be pissing him off.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
First fight of camp is going to be Porter and Pickens.

Porter is eventually going to lose it on him.

This is just one of several incidents like this and it's not even been a week.

It's funny AF, but Porter is a proud guy and this stuff has to be pissing him off.

Looked like OPI the whole way ... Pickens should really shut the f*** up.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I feel like the main thing I've learnt from camp tweets so far is Nick Herbig is having a whole ton of fun out there, and everyone asked to block him is having a lot less.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Looks like Trice injured his knee. He definitely had injury concerns coming out so that blows for him.

It seems like Porter Jr is having a solid camp so far. I saw he got a pick which is nice to see after only having one in college.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Trice carted off. He was having a nice camp from what I read.

Last to seventh because of his injury concerns so hopefully he finally catches a break.

On a more positive note:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
If Trice is seriously hurt, I doubt he rebounds this time. Sometimes you just can’t overcome injuries. Fingers crossed, though.

I love JPJ’s coverage on that Pickens catch, there was a shove and an absolutely unreal catch. He couldn’t have played man any better there, TBH.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If Trice is seriously hurt, I doubt he rebounds this time. Sometimes you just can’t overcome injuries. Fingers crossed, though.

I love JPJ’s coverage on that Pickens catch, there was a shove and an absolutely unreal catch. He couldn’t have played man any better there, TBH.

Blows about Trice because word was he was showing well.

I’ve read mostly positive things about JP camp so far.

Even had a pick today so that’s what I like to hear.

PP has been working with him a lot as well like I hoped.

Sorry

May 18, 2005

The refs let that arm go a lot now if the pass is under thrown or the receiver stops short as long as it's not a ridiculous push off. Both JPJ and Pickens could get called in a game either way tho haha. Oh NFL reffing.

What's the record for personal fouls for a receiver? I could see Pickens having quite a few if he doesn't get his attitude under control. Unreal talent but at what cost?

Glad to hear Washington was effective in pads today. He just has to become somewhat of a threat to catch the ball and he is going to be amazing on early downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad