OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Something Something Hilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I think Golden had more yards passing in the second half than Dalton did.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Very nice win and while our offense wasn't able to put their foot on the throat on some key 3rd downs, the defense really upped their game in the 2nd half. Kudos to them.

Dare I say the most complete game all season? I don't feel angry at all. Quite pleased, actually.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Well we pretty much know what the team is at this point. The defense is great and the offense lives or dies with Bell.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
The defense is good overall, but I'd stop just short of calling it great because I'm still not sold on the run defense. The only good RB we've faced who hasn't carved us up was Kareem Hunt and that had a lot more to do with the fact that Alex Smith couldn't do anything. The pass defense and the pass rush are very good, however.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Being able to rush the passer is so refreshing to see. We do need to get much better against the run though.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Really amazing how Haden, Watt and Hilton fell into our lap. Not to mention getting Burns, Davis and Hargrave with our first three picks last year.

The run defense is leaky at times but I think that's our youth and speed working against us. Fast young players will overrun some plays. Hopefully they get more disciplined as they gain experience.

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
DMyu9itWAAA69gR

Trade this moronic idiot.

To Cleveland.:nod:

Last edited:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
With his level of performance and attitude the team would have gotten more value if they held on to Sammie Coates.

Coates dropps a bunch of passes with a broken hand and he is ostracized. Bryant has spent 5% of his time as a Steeler making big plays, 5% whining about not getting the ball and 90% of the time being suspended. He's useless.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I can live with guys that I know suck like Limas Sweed but seeing a guy with talent not able to keep his life together because of the head on his shoulders(or lack of) is extremely frustrating.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
With his level of performance and attitude the team would have gotten more value if they held on to Sammie Coates.

Coates dropps a bunch of passes with a broken hand and he is ostracized. Bryant has spent 5% of his time as a Steeler making big plays, 5% whining about not getting the ball and 90% of the time being suspended. He's useless.
Martivis' 5% is still significantly better than Coates' entire career contributions.

Is anyone else concerned about Ben? He is the weak link on offense at this point.

And what is the deal with the deep balls on 3rd and 1? The offense lives and dies with Bell.

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Martivis' 5% is still significantly better than Coates' entire career contributions.

Is anyone else concerned about Ben? He is the weak link on offense at this point.

And what is the deal with the deep balls on 3rd and 1? The offense lives and dies with Bell.

Ben has played well for 2 weeks in a row.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
There shouldn’t ever be a short yardage scenario that the Steelers face where Nix isn’t on the field. I don’t care if it’s Bell, Conner, or Watson in at RB. Roosevelt Nix is the best FB in the game, and there’s no reason he shouldn’t be on the field for a 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 if they’re going for it.

That minor criticism aside, that was another dominating effort all around. Offense looked much better, the defense tightened up after the first couple drives, and obviously special teams was huge with 5 FG and the fake punt. They gotta control this AFC lead now. At the very least, they gotta maintain the separation in the division in the event they cough up another “easy” game. But the way Baltimore and Cincinnati look, the Steelers should be able to run away with the North.

Reactions: TNT87

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

Coates played pretty well when he was healthy last year. Prone to drops to be sure, but also prone to big plays. I'm not saying he's more than a poor man's Bryant in terms of talent, I'm just saying a poor man's Bryant is still a decent player. His reputation for drops somehow got blown way out of proportion based on games he was playing with a broken finger.

It honestly irks me that they shipped him to Cleveland for basically no reason and they've got a guy like DHB just sitting on the sidelines doing very little. You can never have too many big play threats. I guess those guys just aren't good enough at screens for this offense.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Coates played pretty well when he was healthy last year. Prone to drops to be sure, but also prone to big plays. I'm not saying he's more than a poor man's Bryant in terms of talent, I'm just saying a poor man's Bryant is still a decent player. His reputation for drops somehow got blown way out of proportion based on games he was playing with a broken finger.

It honestly irks me that they shipped him to Cleveland for basically no reason and they've got a guy like DHB just sitting on the sidelines doing very little. You can never have too many big play threats. I guess those guys just aren't good enough at screens for this offense.
Not taking anything away from what you said, but is Coates even playing much for them? Is he hurt? I just briefly glanced at their stats from yesterday’s game, and he didn’t even have a catch. There were a lot of guys on there I have never even heard of, but nothing for him. I haven’t really kept up with him since the trade so I don’t know if he’s playing for them at all or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad