Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Kate and Alaa really are awful

8m8d5j.jpg

It’s impossible to whine more than a Flyers broadcast. Or so I thought until Alaa.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Holy SHIT. The skills are coming fast.

Also, Giannis looks like he’s out at least a few weeks.

*Edit* The he hit a Shammgod. The f***.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BigToe and trostol

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Heat win in 2OT but have another game tomorrow

Pacers play the Cavs on Friday. Cavs have the grizzlies before that

Lots of scoreboard watching. Just have to keep winning first and foremost

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Don't you dare start believing.

What are your thoughts on the Flyers situation? I believed they were shit, and they're actually shit. On the flip side, I never believed they were a playoff team, and they're actually not a playoff team.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
What I don't get about Alaa is how he as an Egyptian man born in Cairo, that went to Duke and played for the Celtics mutated into a top three Sixers homer alive right now.

I don't hate Alaa, but he can go a bit over the top. He gives heavy uncle vibes. Kate can be a rough listen, but I feel for her.

It was a poison pill grabbing the torch from Zu. He's one of the greatest to ever do it.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Kate and Alaa really are awful

I don't usually go in on "these commentators suck" because I kind of tune them out and am multitasking while watching, but yeah. I watched a game recently where nothing else was going on, and they are bad. Really bad.

I can never erase from my memory something Zuboff said about Allen putting the Sixers on his "slender back" which always was a little weird, but he was a great B-ball PbP guy. Always had me excited and engaged.

Today in Impossible Wemby Things:

He's breaking Synergy's data. They define open 3s as 6'+ of body to body separation. He blocks them anyway. :laugh:

His arms are 6ft long. Not impressed. Call me when cartwheel blocks become a thing.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
What I don't get about Alaa is how he as an Egyptian man born in Cairo, that went to Duke and played for the Celtics mutated into a top three Sixers homer alive right now.

I don't hate Alaa, but he can go a bit over the top. He gives heavy uncle vibes. Kate can be a rough listen, but I feel for her.

It was a poison pill grabbing the torch from Zu. He's one of the greatest to ever do it.
Kate did some PxP for the Women’s World Cup and she was good. But she and Alaa bring out the worst in each other. It’s like listenening to two high school kids.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Kate at least toned down some of her growling. It is true the both of them bring out the worst in each other. Too much shtick....not enough professional play by play.

I said it from the beginning that Kate was not good....not horrible on her own but just not good and it had nothing to do with her being a woman as some weirdly implied....

I will say that apparently Kate had connections to Josh Harris and it has been suggested she had a leg up for the job bc of that....

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
(6) Pacers @ (4) Cavs
(5) Magic @ (7) Sixers

All 4 teams separated by 2 wins. Gonna be some movement tonight

Just keep winning!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad