Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This team will be in the Play-In and lose. Nurse aint it. Moreys in-season moves all stunk too.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Sixers with a narrow escape
Gutsy though. The 3rd was bad, but they had the Heat locked down the stretch. That's the difference between Nurse and Doc I guess. Normally you see them fold in a game like this especially away from home. All this with Embiid at 75%? Promising

Missing the play-in would be enormous so the big fella can dodge those minutes. Magic in a few games is another enormous game

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Gutsy though. The 3rd was bad, but they had the Heat locked down the stretch. That's the difference between Nurse and Doc I guess. Normally you see them fold in a game like this especially away from home. All this with Embiid at 75%? Promising

Missing the play-in would be enormous so the big fella can dodge those minutes. Magic in a few games is another enormous game
Honestly, I think the Embiid needs the minutes. The play-in games will probably help get him in shape. I doubt he’ll be there by the end of the regular season.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It takes Embiid about a dozen games to get back into form. He will never be 100% or 69% as he joked once...but 80% is enough for him to be the difference maker that he is. It used to take longer when he didn't take care of his body as much with diet and conditioning....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

16d0d70b-96bf-4c33-be1b-dd760847f072_text.gif

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

So not that I or anyone in the sixers actually cares, but I'd like to hear an explanation of what they did wrong? They just upgraded him throughout the day. Is there a deadline where status changes can't be made or something?

We all know the real reason is if screwed with the bookies

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So not that I or anyone in the sixers actually cares, but I'd like to hear an explanation of what they did wrong? They just upgraded him throughout the day. Is there a deadline where status changes can't be made or something?

We all know the real reason is if screwed with the bookies
He was listed as out. You can’t upgrade someone from that if you give that designation, I believe.

It’s also not necessarily because it screwed the bookies, it’s actually the exact opposite. It prevents people from having inside information.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
He was listed as out. You can’t upgrade someone from that if you give that designation, I believe.

It’s also not necessarily because it screwed the bookies, it’s actually the exact opposite. It prevents people from having inside information.
Inside info is integral in making gambling the billion dollar industry it is. So it absolutely has a ton to do with gambling. Surely the spirit of the rule is to not allow teams to f*** with their opponent's gameplan and whatnot, but nowadays gambling surely has a huge impact on these types of punishments. Just how things have evolved.

Even so, that makes sense if true. I would have been equally unsurprised if there was a hard and fast rule that they broke vs some nebulous nonsense that only applies to the Sixers and Embiid lol

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The Heat (43-34) play the Pacers (44-34) today at 5. I think we want a Heat win?

Sixers have to clean up the Spurs and Pistons in these next 2

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
So that 50 point game from Flynn......followed it up with 0-12 and 1-7 games.

:laugh:
I remember Willie Burton hitting 50 for the Sixers. I wonder what's the worst players who ever scored 50 in an NBA game. Might be Flynn lol

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad