Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Better Than the Flyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Kawhi never wanted to go to Toronto. It worked out OK.

A contender SHOULD try and trade for him if the deal makes sense. Deal with his feelings afterwards.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Maxey is one of those coachable players that develops despite any flaws the coach may have. Doc was case and point as far as his questionable usage of Maxey. D'Antoni turning Maxey into Lilard is a stretch just like Simmons amounting to anything on the Sixers. Maxey will be fine under Nurse and take that next step because he works and loves his craft unlike loser Simmons...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

tumblr_inline_pcnehpQPmq1smt1iz_1280.gif

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
God, I hope this doesnt mean Reed walks.
How come Jason Williams isn't a more household name? This guy was insane.
White Chocolate:popcorn::laugh:.
There was blip of time like 98-01 when he was one of the most iconic players.
But like Jamal Crawford, Boogie Cousins etc he was flashy but couldnt actually play.
Couldnt shoot, couldnt run a team and was a turnstile on defense.
Kings became a contender when they dealt him for Bibby.
Still: got a ring, had a nice career and Has 1 of the sickest highlight reels ever.

The behind the back pass fake where he bounces it off his elbow in a live NBA game...With a look away. Madness.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
God, I hope this doesnt mean Reed walks.

White Chocolate:popcorn::laugh:.
There was blip of time like 98-01 when he was one of the most iconic players.
But like Jamal Crawford, Boogie Cousins etc he was flashy but couldnt actually play.
Couldnt shoot, couldnt run a team and was a turnstile on defense.
Kings became a contender when they dealt him for Bibby.
Still: got a ring, had a nice career and Has 1 of the sickest highlight reels ever.

The behind the back pass fake where he bounces it off his elbow in a live NBA game...With a look away. Madness.
The elbow pass is some NBA street on PS2 shit

Last edited:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I stopped putting any kind of stock into Summer Leagues when I watched Shavlik Randolph drop like 30 points with 15 rebounds and 5 blocks in a game like 15+ years ago.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I stopped putting any kind of stock into Summer Leagues when I watched Shavlik Randolph drop like 30 points with 15 rebounds and 5 blocks in a game like 15+ years ago.
I used to notice great performances are pretty much meaningless. However, horrible performances could be a legit concern.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

So tl;dr. Harris prob told Sixers he was gonna pick up his option. Sixers told him they'd offer him a vet minimum which for him would be about $130,000 more than his option, but for the Sixers it would count against their cap about $750,000 less than his option.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

So tl;dr. Harris prob told Sixers he was gonna pick up his option. Sixers told him they'd offer him a vet minimum which for him would be about $130,000 more than his option, but for the Sixers it would count against their cap about $750,000 less than his option.

Sadly, that makes perfect sense.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
My professional one with thousands of Followers turned into an absolute nightmare. Anytime I tried to Tweet, the crypto and influence bots overwhelmed the real people by an order of magnitude. And of course a huge portion of those people are nasty on top of it. That leaves a tiny slice left of replies you may want to read.

Just wanted you to know that all of those are my burners and the abuse will continue until you apologize.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
They’re really dragging out the ending of this Blazers/Houston game. Building up the suspense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad