Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Better Than the Flyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
So, have any of you started using threads.net? A number of people that I follow on twitter (seems like all the Sixers related accounts) are on there. I see a couple problems though- first, seems like it only works on my phone. Doesn’t seem to do anything on ipad or computer browser. Second, I see posts from all kinds of people that I don’t know and don’t care about. Haven’t figured out how to filter the feed to just see posts from people I follow.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
So, have any of you started using threads.net? A number of people that I follow on twitter (seems like all the Sixers related accounts) are on there. I see a couple problems though- first, seems like it only works on my phone. Doesn’t seem to do anything on ipad or computer browser. Second, I see posts from all kinds of people that I don’t know and don’t care about. Haven’t figured out how to filter the feed to just see posts from people I follow.
Isn't the general path of migration to mastadon?

ProcessThis

May 17, 2017
Pat Bev and Mo Bamba are two great signings. I've wanted Pat Bev for years, so I was pumped to see he's coming. Now Bamba? This is nice. They really need to get something worked out with Paul Reed though, because I'd hate to see him leave. I still think BBall Paul has some ceiling left to hit, and I'd hate to see him do it somewhere else.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Beverely is a pretty good value signing. Should bolster the bench. He's been a good 3 point shooter most of his career and his defensive skills should fit well in Nurse's system. Bamba should help in that regard as well.

Stinks though we keep bleeding previous draft picks like Thybulle for no return other than cap space. Thybulle already getting moved around like luggage though but just more disappointment with the whole process as far as our drafting to try and support Embiid. Probably why we are holding tight on Maxey. At least we salvaged something from Fultz...

Last edited:
Reactions: gertbfrobe16

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
lots of ex sixers out there playing well for other teams they trade away instead of develop players.

Reactions: Embiid

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Isn't the general path of migration to mastadon?
I haven't heard of that one. Neubeck and a bunch of other Sixers guys are on Threads but tbh, it's not really useable yet.

Edit: Mastadon seems to have bot accounts that mirror twitter accounts, like the Sixers official twitter account.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Bamba's a limited player for sure, but he's a very good NBA rim protector.

I haven't heard of that one. Neubeck and a bunch of other Sixers guys are on Threads but tbh, it's not really useable yet.

Edit: Mastadon seems to have bot accounts that mirror twitter accounts, like the Sixers official twitter account.

The InfoSec community quickly switched to Mastodon post-purchase. One of them developed the tool that transfers your follows over from Twitter.

There are 5 or 6 clones at this point. The real answer is that none of those have much traction and organic Twitter engagement itself has of course fallen off dramatically. What you do have is certain niche communities picking one and attempting to stick to it.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Bamba's a limited player for sure, but he's a very good NBA rim protector.

The InfoSec community quickly switched to Mastodon post-purchase. One of them developed the tool that transfers your follows over from Twitter.

There are 5 or 6 clones at this point. The real answer is that none of those have much traction and organic Twitter engagement itself has of course fallen off dramatically. What you do have is certain niche communities picking one and attempting to stick to it.
I seem to be the only person in the world who has no problem with Twitter. I create my lists, add the accounts I like, and I see what I want to see.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I seem to be the only person in the world who has no problem with Twitter. I create my lists, add the accounts I like, and I see what I want to see.

This is one of those weird corner cases where I can see both sides of it because I have two accounts. On my personal one, I have <100 Followers. It never Tweets. Nothing much has changed.

My professional one with thousands of Followers turned into an absolute nightmare. Anytime I tried to Tweet, the crypto and influence bots overwhelmed the real people by an order of magnitude. And of course a huge portion of those people are nasty on top of it. That leaves a tiny slice left of replies you may want to read.

Basically it ruined the experience for the accounts that create the content that define the platform. I cannot imagine what it's like having 30 or 50k. I'm not even at 10k and it was utterly unusable.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
This is one of those weird corner cases where I can see both sides of it because I have two accounts. On my personal one, I have <100 Followers. It never Tweets. Nothing much has changed.

My professional one with thousands of Followers turned into an absolute nightmare. Anytime I tried to Tweet, the crypto and influence bots overwhelmed the real people by an order of magnitude. And of course a huge portion of those people are nasty on top of it. That leaves a tiny slice left of replies you may want to read.

Basically it ruined the experience for the accounts that create the content that define the platform. I cannot imagine what it's like having 30 or 50k. I'm not even at 10k and it was utterly unusable.
Yeah that's cause your personal one is following nothing but table top accounts, sports, and vidya games.

That's mine except I follow authors instead of table top accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad