Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Better Than the Flyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
So are the Sixers any better after today?

No, but they didn't want to be -- they punted -- so that's probably not the right question. If 3 weeks ago you thought they were one of the best teams in the league, well, all 5 starters are still on the roster, and their actual playoff rotation is intact, just sub in Hield+Lowry(?) for Bev. But they'll crater in the standings (this will be BAD), guys might not come back at even 80%, there assuredly will be rust. What I'm saying is, this season is shot, but it could be funny if they squeak into the play-in.

Morey, historically, loathes giving up assets for depth. If Embiid doesn't get hurt, do they cash some chips in? Probably. Forgetting the nonsensical Springer move (subtraction by subtraction?), I don't see how you complain about not wasting assets for rotation pieces on this slop. This summer will be the last hurrah -- after the other 3 hurrahs -- in creating a championship window.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Pro: They have their pick this year. It stinks at the top, but it’s ~15 deep in reasonable guys.

Con: Daylin Swain is going to be the pick, which will make me very happy for the 17 seconds it takes Woj to tweet out that he’s been traded.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So who are the targets for this summer with all the cap space they will have
Wemby dammit!
1iwbo3ixup0b1.png

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Just gotta say that i find it amusing how Morey made so many moves at this deadline and yet i have almost the exact same feelings that i did when Fletcher did literally nothing at the deadline last year.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Just gotta say that i find it amusing how Morey made so many moves at this deadline and yet i have almost the exact same feelings that i did when Fletcher did literally nothing at the deadline last year.
Well Fletch had grander delusions.....Morey not so much. Clearly posturing for one miracle run next year.....

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
-I liked the Hield trade (Kork finally got his wish)

-Pat Bev trade only makes sense if they pretty much know they're getting Lowry. Otherwise not a big fan.

-Springer looked good on D the other night but I don't think we'll lose sleep over him. That trade tells me that they weren't picking up his option this summer so why not just get something for him and free up a few more dollars for this year.

Think they might go after Lopez in the buyout market as well.

*Embiid and Reed are now the only two players under contract for next season. So they'll have space to do things.

EDIT: Forgot the House tax move but there's not reason to complain about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
-I liked the Hield trade (Kork finally got his wish)

-Pat Bev trade only makes sense if they pretty much know they're getting Lowry. Otherwise not a big fan.

-Springer looked good on D the other night but I don't think we'll lose sleep over him. That trade tells me that they weren't picking up his option this summer so why not just get something for him and free up a few more dollars for this year.

Think they might go after Lopez in the buyout market as well.

*Embiid and Reed are now the only two players under contract for next season. So they'll have space to do things.
Reed’s contract for next year is only guaranteed if the Sixers make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

Reactions: DancingPanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad