The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Had a friend who lived in that area so I visited the stadium once about 5 years back. (not during a match). Really nice spot but remember thinking, from a US perspective, how interesting it was to have a major sports league stadium jutting out of a London suburb.
I've always heard that the Fulham area is incredibly expensive, so good for your friend haha. But seriously I'd love to go to a match there. Whenever someone mentions the location of the stadium I imagine it being like Fenway or something. But you're right in that it's really hard to fathom the sports setup in the UK and translating it over here.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I've always heard that the Fulham area is incredibly expensive, so good for your friend haha. But seriously I'd love to go to a match there. Whenever someone mentions the location of the stadium I imagine it being like Fenway or something. But you're right in that it's really hard to fathom the sports setup in the UK and translating it over here.

Very expensive area. But he and his wife were both there for work so I'm pretty sure it was corporate paid but definitely a good thing for them!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
And in Titans news...

They should never draft a WR early. Something always happens.

Corey Davis heading for an MRI on his hamstring... cross your fingers.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
And in Titans news...

They should never draft a WR early. Something always happens.

Corey Davis heading for an MRI on his hamstring... cross your fingers.
Joey Bosa missed the preseason and first 4 games last year with a hamstring injury and still got rookie of the year. I realize D-end is different than a receiver but it could be nothing major. At least the Titans didn't draft a receiver at #7 who will probably miss the season with a herniated disc in his back like my team did. Plus you drafted WKU legend Taywan Taylor so he'll pick up some slack if need be.

But yeah that's unfortunate for Davis.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I've just figured out that the last year my Padres were not dead last in MLB in team batting average, the Preds drafted Seth Jones.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I've just figured out that the last year my Padres were not dead last in MLB in team batting average, the Preds drafted Seth Jones.

So, basically, as the Padres go, so go the Preds but inversely? Hmmm. Sorry about this, Drake, but I hope the Padres are last for a LONG time. :laugh:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Imagine if the Brewers and Sounds were still affiliates. Ryan Ellis would've never left for the summer.

605540.jpg

Ryan-Ellis-big.png

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
There are two notorious "Titans haters" on here. One actually being a fan, just not thrilled with a ton, but has reasons for it, whether you agree or not. The other I'm not sure where it comes from or if it's even legit.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
There are two notorious "Titans haters" on here. One actually being a fan, just not thrilled with a ton, but has reasons for it, whether you agree or not. The other I'm not sure where it comes from or if it's even legit.
I am not a "Hater"
I am just cautious to "buy in" with this franchise. They have fooled me too many times before.

People are nuts over Mariota and I just don't see it yet, yes he is better than Mr. Immature taken ahead of him but neither are that great.
Robinson has made some good moves like getting all those picks from the Rams. His drafting grade is incomplete since a lot of his picks have not played yet.
Malarkey (which is slang for Bull Manure) is an old school coach in the mold of Jeff Fisher.
Last years 9-7 season was nothing to brag about as they have had those before. I am just Missouri on this team right now. Show me

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I am not a "Hater"
I am just cautious to "buy in" with this franchise. They have fooled me too many times before.

People are nuts over Mariota and I just don't see it yet, yes he is better than Mr. Immature taken ahead of him but neither are that great.
Robinson has made some good moves like getting all those picks from the Rams. His drafting grade is incomplete since a lot of his picks have not played yet.
Malarkey (which is slang for Bull Manure) is an old school coach in the mold of Jeff Fisher.
Last years 9-7 season was nothing to brag about as they have had those before. I am just Missouri on this team right now. Show me

In the words of Walter White

"You are God **** right"

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I'm for it, as I said I probably will never go to more than a game or two, but it's good for the city and I think we're passed the point where another team will hurt the Predators, so bring it on!

Actually fills a gap in the local sports calendar. MLS season starts roughly during the NHL playoffs and ends right as NFL/college football starts back up.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think it's as good as a done deal. That is an impressive investor that has experience running a pro sports franchise and building stadiums.
Especially when you take into account what the MLS Commissioner said recently, going out of his way to compliment us. Now this on top of that.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I'm for it, as I said I probably will never go to more than a game or two, but it's good for the city and I think we're passed the point where another team will hurt the Predators, so bring it on!

Totally different demographic, I think we'll be alright wrt attendance, even though I'd rather have a MLB team instead.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND

No no no no no no **** NO

The Wilfs are mad they lost out to Minnesota United and now want to carpetbag their way into MLS. They are NOT people you want to get in bed with.

Nashville and soccer is a really good fit, but there are so many opportunities for this to go sideways, and I want it to work so badly that watching this bid come together in a way that will make it fall flat on its face is depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad