The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Huge crowd and I had no complaints about restrooms/concessions or getting into the stadium. As others said I was at that US soccer game 2 years ago that was such a disaster. I think that was the wakeup call the Titans needed to get their act together. It's sad that it took it getting to that point.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Huge crowd and I had no complaints about restrooms/concessions or getting into the stadium. As others said I was at that US soccer game 2 years ago that was such a disaster. I think that was the wakeup call the Titans needed to get their act together. It's sad that it took it getting to that point.
I hope so. I used to work for Aramark and that company does everything halfassed. Worst job I ever had.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
56,232 out of 69,143

2 of the 3 top teams in England last year, nice day as well, I thought it would be a sell out.
I wasn't expecting a sellout but I was hoping for at least 60,000. And there were a lot of people coming into town from other places as well. Kinda disappointing.

It was fun though

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Set the Tottenham domestic record here. Seattle with 54K was their all -time high until Saturday.
That's weird. The Sounders draw upwards of that several times a year and they're just MLS. Their last game I went to was a regular season finale and the attendance was listed as 57,673.

But I guess as far as Tottenham goes, they aren't on any list of sacred clubs so the interest may not be all that high.

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Anyone ever hear of this Kansas Stars team? Its former major leaguers playing in a semi-pro league. They were on ESPN2 earlier tonight. I am just wondering when MLB is going to sue them for using their teams' logos.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Ben Sheets is really the only one that matters because he was basically the only reason to pay attention to the 2004 Brewers.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's a little club.

[My to-do list for today:
1. Make derogatory post about Spurs
2. Adjust Arsenal shirt
3. Sip Coffee
4. Smile
5. Repeat]
They're quite a bit larger than my club, also in London, which may or may not still be relegated.

I'm not really able to be in the....uh.....mainstream EPL fan conversation. Right when it becomes popular in the States, we get relegated. Bummer.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Listening the NHL radio on the way home they were talking about the Toronto NBA team and the coming jersey ads. They were thinking that the ads would also be on the jersey's for sale to the public. They weren't 100% sure though.

The NHL will have ads on jersey's one of these years. It's too much "free" money for them to ignore.

Big market teams will demand higher premiums than the mid and small market teams also.

Personally, I'm not a fan and will not buy a jersey with an ad on it. The manufacturer label doesn't count as an ad for me.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
They're quite a bit larger than my club, also in London, which may or may not still be relegated.

I'm not really able to be in the....uh.....mainstream EPL fan conversation. Right when it becomes popular in the States, we get relegated. Bummer.

Fulham?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

Had a friend who lived in that area so I visited the stadium once about 5 years back. (not during a match). Really nice spot but remember thinking, from a US perspective, how interesting it was to have a major sports league stadium jutting out of a London suburb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad