OT: The Original OT Thread - Chit chat, Raiders, Rebels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Don't know if anyone will see this here, but I don't want to clutter another thread...is anyone else not seeing any avatars the last two days? All I'm seeing is the dreaded "X." This is for everyone's avatar.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Don't know if anyone will see this here, but I don't want to clutter another thread...is anyone else not seeing any avatars the last two days? All I'm seeing is the dreaded "X." This is for everyone's avatar.
Everything's fine on my end.

I'll ask around and see if I can find you some help.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If you're ever having an issue, my first piece of advice is to turn off your Adblocker and see if that fixes it.

The new forum software doesn't work well with Adblockers and being signed in is supposed to take care of most of the annoying ads making them fairly useless.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
It's weird. Never had this issue until yesterday. Nothing has changed on my end, and the problem is only on this site.

Turned off my pop-up blocker, didn't help. I'm using Windows 10/Edge browser, and I'm still getting used to it so I'm not finding an actual Adblocker anywhere.

When I right-click the "X" I don't even get a "view image" option. Just "open in new tab," "open in new window," etc.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It's weird. Never had this issue until yesterday. Nothing has changed on my end, and the problem is only on this site.

Turned off my pop-up blocker, didn't help. I'm using Windows 10/Edge browser, and I'm still getting used to it so I'm not finding an actual Adblocker anywhere.

When I right-click the "X" I don't even get a "view image" option. Just "open in new tab," "open in new window," etc.
Okay, I shared your experience and my ability to help is kind of limited after that.

Know that you're not the only one and that they're working on it, I suppose.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It happened to me last night once I got home, which is why I was a ghost in the GDT.

Hoping to get this remedied soon.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It's fixed for me on the iPad with something they did a few minutes ago.

Try to clear your HF cache and see if it's fixed.

(Also, your posts are all showing up blank, like the post if you know that. :laugh:)

@Nevada Jones

Forget it, I see your profile.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Holy crap! Avatars still missing, but when I unchecked the box "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages" in my preferences I could post again. If I keep that box checked, I get no text box in which to type a message, therefore the blank posts I've been confusing folks with.

BB, maybe you can pass the info on to the techies...apparently at least some of the problem is with the rich text thing, although I still don't see avatars.

I sent a message to the board folks through the "contact us" form yesterday, but no response from them.

Also, without rich text I can't use emojis, of which I am so fond. :) And I did clear cookies/cache, went incognito and even tried IE browser and none of that helped.

Another also, the board is so sloooow, and when I like a post, it first takes me to a page that asks if I really want to like the post. Had never seen that before.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Holy crap! Avatars still missing, but when I unchecked the box "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages" in my preferences I could post again. If I keep that box checked, I get no text box in which to type a message, therefore the blank posts I've been confusing folks with.

BB, maybe you can pass the info on to the techies...apparently at least some of the problem is with the rich text thing, although I still don't see avatars.

I sent a message to the board folks through the "contact us" form yesterday, but no response from them.

Also, without rich text I can't use emojis, of which I am so fond. :) And I did clear cookies/cache, went incognito and even tried IE browser and none of that helped.
Passing it along now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad