Speculation: The Offseason: V (All Offseason Wishlist/Strategy Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Jussi Jokinen bought out. Can play C or wing, has been primarily a winger of late but was a full time in Carolina for the most part. Has always been solid on the draw. He has had 57 and 60 points 2 of the last 4 seasons. Struggled last year as did 90% of the Panthers.

Would cost very little, whereas someone liek Gagner or Hanzal will cost 4-5 mil a year over multiple years.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Damnnnnn

Sure wouldn't mind seeing Bouma or Hayes bring some snarl to the bottom-6.

Also I think it's Mark Stuart that was bought out, not Brad.

Yes, Mark. Good call.

Also add Smith-Pelly as well.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Am I the only one who thinks Minny got hosed here? Scandella is a pretty good d-man (still hate him for that Bunyan-esque slash to JT), that's all they could get?

I was thinking the same thing. I guess they really wanted to get rid of Pommy.

This also allows them to keep Brodin and Dumba

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I remember there was a contingent that wanted Ryan Murphy badly during his draft year. Well, we can get him now for pretty much nothing.

I'm not a fan. With his skill set you would think he could have success in today's NHL. I see the rangers being high on him. Let him fight it out with DeAngelo.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm not a fan. With his skill set you would think he could have success in today's NHL. I see the rangers being high on him. Let him fight it out with DeAngelo.

I have little faith that DeAngelo will amount to anything. Would love the Rangers to pick up Murphy though. Battle of the all offense, no defense scrubs for their #3RD spot.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Teams gearing up for feee agency. This years crop isn't too great. So the few good guys there are teams are going to be fighting for. Yikes.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Teams gearing up for feee agency. This years crop isn't too great. So the few good guys there are teams are going to be fighting for. Yikes.

So we can count on buyouts for some of the UFA contracts signed tomorrow in a few years.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Is there a legit source out there saying what the asking price is up to? If he turned down Barzal and 2 firsts in a strong draft, or more, then he is certifiable.

If nothing else, the past couple of years has finally resolved the old debate of "who's better: Sakic or Yzerman?".

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
There was some article that listed Sakic's desired return. 3 high end assets if there is a young established d-man in the package or 4 assets if the player is unproven.

All signs point to Sakic wanting Hamonic and Barzal plus a 1st. Didn't realize Duchene is the next coming of Lindros.

Duchene has too many warts to yield that. I guess Joe thinks he has two years so why not hold out for the moon now?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

Also..

I think the Stars are the 4th team.

Dougie connection with Justin Williams is there.

Again.. I really can't wait to see who is on this damn team come October lmao.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
A bit surprised that Isles didn't buy out Kulemin. Would have given them some more flexibility for any other moves but I guess that should tell us something.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
We COULD sign Shattenkirk and make the CDH++ for Duchene deal. If CDH costs near 5 mil, is it worth spending extra for Shatt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad