Speculation: The Offseason: V (All Offseason Wishlist/Strategy Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
To periferal, I disagree, I don't think Galchenyuk will cost anywhere near as much as Duchene.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
To periferal, I disagree, I don't think Galchenyuk will cost anywhere near as much as Duchene.

Oh really? Can you share the kind of offer you think Bergeron is accepting for a guy who basically mirrored Duchene's output the last 3 years, with a much better +/-, is three years younger, and 4 years away from UFA as opposed to Duchene's two?

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

I don't think so either. Especially given Bergevin's eagerness to trade lol.

I really like Galchenyuk. And if he ends up being a poor center, then slide him over and deal with what we have. He's a stud when it comes to the power play and has a wicked one timer. Don't see the issue.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Oh really? Can you share the kind of offer you think Bergeron is accepting for a guy who basically mirrored Duchene's output the last 3 years, with a much better +/-, is three years younger, and 4 years away from UFA as opposed to Duchene's two?

Bergiven has a quick trigger finger based off of past trade history. Not to mention, the asking price for Duchene has been far too much than what he's worth.

scott99

May 13, 2005

Not sure really, but I know Sakic is asking way more than what Bergevin is asking for Galchenyuk. Of course that's as per what I've read in papers and on Twitter.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Not sure really, but I know Sakic is asking way more than what Bergevin is asking for Galchenyuk. Of course that's as per what I've read in papers and on Twitter.

Let's start at the beginning...

First prove you KNOW "Sakic is asking way more than what Bergevin is asking for Galchenyuk," then we can continue.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Habs are in a very weird place and trading Galchenyuk makes them even weirder.

scott99

May 13, 2005

First prove you KNOW "Sakic is asking way more than what Bergevin is asking for Galchenyuk," then we can continue.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that they are asking for more, and aren't budging from their stance. With all the Duchene talk (way more than Galchenyuk talk), it's obvious they are asking for more. I'm too tired to peruse all of the posts on Twitter discussing what each player will cost. But you seem to be the only one who thinks Galchenyuk will cost more than Duchene.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
So by trading for Schenn, the Blues are essentially paying him $5 million per, Berglund just shy of $4 million per and Stasny $7 million in the final year of his contract. That is around $16 million for three good but not great center's.

I wonder if a deal can be made with the Blues? Take Stasny as a fallback plan for the 2C and send them Kulemin's $4 million and either Hickey's $2.2 or Chimera's $2 million?

They get a wing and defense depth or two forwards, one of whom is good on the PK and another who injects speed in the bottom six. The Isles get a low-end center to buy time for Barzal. It isn't sexy but it could work.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I disagree, give them Beauvillier instead. But I think Hamonic + Dal Colle can get it done.

Really? Hamonic and MDC can get it done, according to you.

Yet according to Staple:

"Snow still had interest in Avalanche center Matt Duchene and had an offer on the table of Hamonic, the Isles’ 2018 first-round pick and a prospect. But Snow would not include 20-year-old center Mathew Barzal in any offer and Avs GM Joe Sakic said Friday night during the draft he had cooled on the idea of trading Duchene given there were no offers to his liking."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...to-deal-travis-hamonic-sources-say-1.13758965

Seems based on Staple's article the want from Sakic is something like Hamonic, 2018 1st, and Barzal. If Hammer+MDC would get it done, I'm pretty sure Duchene would be an Islander by now.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

Easier said than done on dumping Kulemin. Who is taking on that cap hit?

Even if we do see a deal - I can't see it happening soon - probably closer to training camp like grabner

I think if there is no deal tomorrow - this is the team

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

The video is region blocked, what do they say?

Nashville wants Duchene but isn't willing to give up a D...

Calgary & Toronto want Hamonic but don't want to part with 2 1sts...

Might need to get a 3rd team involved to do a Nashville/Duchene trade. Also Sakic (still) doesn't have anything "close" to what he would consider for Duchene.

They used the phrase "1st round pick plus plus" in terms of return on Hamonic.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Might need to get a 3rd team involved to do a Nashville/Duchene trade. Also Sakic (still) doesn't have anything "close" to what he would consider for Duchene.

They used the phrase "1st round pick plus plus" in terms of return on Hamonic.

My guess is that the first plus was Kapanen. And these would be assets sent to Colorado for Duchene, since Colorado doesn't want Hamonic.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
My guess is that the first plus was Kapanen. And these would be assets sent to Colorado for Duchene, since Colorado doesn't want Hamonic.

If we add del colle to that pot, can't believe Sakic would say no

Toronto gets Hamonic
Isles get Duchene
Colorado gets 2018 1st, Kapanen, Del Colle?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I know Kapanen only has like 20 NHL games but his numbers haven't exactly been impressive there or in the minors

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
It sounds as though Snow is competing against Poile and both will need to get a third team involved, but Nashville may have the edge if Brisson is speaking to Poile.

Just my inference based on the latest info... who knows. I'd be surprised if Snow pulls it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad