Speculation: The Offseason: II (All Offseason Wishlist/Strategy Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
I feel like we'd lose any deal in which Snow moves de Haan.

the writing was on the wall that the isles would likely have to lose a dman.....garth should have used the hamonic fiasco last year to unload that problem--he is an idiot....lets hope he can salvage that mistake.....

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
99% of this board was fine with keeping Hamonic last year.

I was pretty vocal about being happy to trade Hamonic for Hall all last year. Lee was still a 2nd/3rd line tweener like Nelson, Bailey & Strome and we needed a big winger for Tavares.

It's just that Oiler fans found Hall-for-Hamonic to be a laughable premise because Chia could call Montreal and trade Hall for Subban instead. We'd have to settle for Eberle and like it.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
And how exactly does that solve a problem? Bc you just offset the protected list but still are exposing someone 'of value'

if they protect 5/3/1 as staple specualtes, then it does solve an issue....having said that, i think they should go 8 overall, especially if they dont unload a dman

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think Pulock is the clear winner as the most overhyped prospect by the fanbase in a very long time.

Funny. I was thinking that Pulock was one of the most under-appreciated prospects in a long time. I think you're confusing him with snow's attitude towards Reinhart going into the 2012 draft.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I feel like we'd lose any deal in which Snow moves de Haan.

Probably correct and would suck, but I can live with it as long as we lose de Haan for SOMETHING. Losing him to Vegas for nothing we'll have to add to snow's ever-growing list of fireable offenses.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
It all depends on the return for me. I love our core guys like Hammer and de Haan. However, we are deeper in the pipeline in defense than other positions.

I don't have nearly as much of a qualm with flipping them and balancing out the strengths of the club.

That's why, to me we can't include forward specs like Barzsl, JHS, Beauvillier to name a couple, because you are robbing Peter to pay Paul at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad