The Offseason Extravaganza: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
i wonder if they are waiting till the last minute because they may be negotiating a deal with a free agent right now and want to have the extra cap space if they do sign him

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
:laugh:

Y'all crack me up sometimes.

A defense of

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Ericsson-Smith
Marchenko-Quincey

isn't winning you the cup, or getting you past the first round. I guarantee you that if Datsyuk misses the first two-four weeks of the season and his usual 4-6 throughout, we are either an 8th seed with a first round exit or we miss the playoffs.

This team is being held together with string. If you aren't going to bother fielding a team that can actually win a playoff round, you might as well get your prospects some experience, get a good first pick, and build for the future.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
If the Wings buy out Weiss, I have to believe we are looking into signing major UFAs or making a trade. Otherwise we are looking at a sub-60 million dollar payroll this season.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If the Wings buy out Weiss, I have to believe we are looking into signing major UFAs or making a trade. Otherwise we are looking at a sub-60 million dollar payroll this season.

Ya, it only makes sense to buy him out if they are going to spend that money elsewhere. Can July 1st finally be exciting for Wings fans???

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Ya, it only makes sense to buy him out if they are going to spend that money elsewhere. Can July 1st finally be exciting for Wings fans???
Doubt it. Honestly, they're probably just doing Weiss a favor here. Let him get a fresh start elsewhere.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Doubt it. Honestly, they're probably just doing Weiss a favor here. Let him get a fresh start elsewhere.

Holland doesn't do favors when he can have OVERWHELMING DEPTH.

Burying a guy who was a 2nd liner two years ago means you have insane depth, right? Right? Guys?

edit: I wonder if the Semin buyout has anything to do with them now considering buying out Weiss.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Well this just got very exciting! 16 minutes till we find out.

It realistically doesn't make sense right now, unless Kenny has a couple big moves planned that put us up near the cap this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad