The Offseason Extravaganza: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsforlyfe

Oct 12, 2014
Toronto
Wondering how this board would feel about the red wings making a move for Eric Staal in a kesler to Anaheim type deal which would allow Dats and Zetty to play together. Also what value would Detroit have to give up for him and are you comfortable with trading for him?

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Staal would be a nice addition to bridge the gap between the Datsyuk/Zetterberg and the Larkin/Sheahan eras. However, I'd rather trade those assets for a defenseman.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I'd love to trade for him. Just don't see the Canes trading him while they have his bro too. Pretty sure he has a NTC/NMC as well.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Staal would be a nice addition to bridge the gap between the Datsyuk/Zetterberg and the Larkin/Sheahan eras. However, I'd rather trade those assets for a defenseman.

If we were to acquire Staal, I would think Sheahan becomes expendable. He could either be part of the Staal trade or sent out for a Dman.

Anchor Town*

Wondering how this board would feel about the red wings making a move for Eric Staal in a kesler to Anaheim type deal which would allow Dats and Zetty to play together. Also what value would Detroit have to give up for him and are you comfortable with trading for him?

Datsyuk and Zetterberg can already play together.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Helm - Larkin - Pulkkinen
Weiss - Glendening - Jurco

Miller
Ferraro

Franzen - LTIR

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
If we were to acquire Staal, I would think Sheahan becomes expendable. He could either be part of the Staal trade or sent out for a Dman.
Why? Staal is 30 years old. Without Sheahan, the organizational C depth gets really thin.

This is when it'd be nice to still have Jarnkrok in the system...

:banghead:

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
agreed. think Larkin may make the team. looked like out best player in GR already. I have it:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Pulkinnen
Tatar - Sheahan - Abby
Helm - Larkin - Nyquist
Miller - Glendening - Jurco

would love to see pulks with lent of room out there and he's not the worst puck retriever in the world. that second line was together last year for a few games and dominated. third line would be one of the fastest we've ever had

wingsforlyfe

Oct 12, 2014
Toronto
Datsyuk and Zetterberg can already play together.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Helm - Larkin - Pulkkinen
Weiss - Glendening - Jurco

Miller
Ferraro

Franzen - LTIR
Larkin will not be on the big club full time next year almost guaranteed and do you really think that Sheahan can put up 45-55 points?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
agreed. think Larkin may make the team. looked like out best player in GR already. I have it:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Pulkinnen
Tatar - Sheahan - Abby
Helm - Larkin - Nyquist
Miller - Glendening - Jurco

would love to see pulks with lent of room out there and he's not the worst puck retriever in the world. that second line was together last year for a few games and dominated. third line would be one of the fastest we've ever had

Pookie ain't playing on the top line. Get real.

There really is a roster jam. I couldn't even come up with lines.

I think Lando earns a spot for sure.

Interested to see if AA can beat someone out.

Simply, a trade needs to be made.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Larkin will not be on the big club full time next year almost guaranteed and do you really think that Sheahan can put up 45-55 points?

Sheahan put up 36 this year. I don't see why he couldn't grow into his offensive game some more and add 9 points to that.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Pookie ain't playing on the top line. Get real.

There really is a roster jam. I couldn't even come up with lines.

I think Lando earns a spot for sure.

Interested to see if AA can beat someone out.

Simply, a trade needs to be made.

A Stephen Weiss buyout would help clear the waters a bit.

Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Jurco-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glen-Ferraro
Andersson

Weiss gone
Franzen LTIR

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
A Stephen Weiss buyout would help clear the waters a bit.

Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Jurco-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glen-Ferraro
Andersson

Weiss gone
Franzen LTIR

A trade would be preferred. I find it hard to believe that he cannot be moved. I'd also like to see AA and or Cally over Joker. But I guess Joker is depth. AA staying with Mantha in GR could do wonders.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Why? Staal is 30 years old. Without Sheahan, the organizational C depth gets really thin.

This is when it'd be nice to still have Jarnkrok in the system...

:banghead:

How does subtracting Sheahan while adding Staal thin the Organization C depth?
It actually makes this team even deeper at C.

I wouldn't rush out to dump Sheahan. Im a big fan of his. But one of him and Helm might as well be traded if Staal is added.

And What's wrong with 30? Yes guys are breaking into the league at younger ages, but a 30 year old still has lots of good hockey in him. Staal can easily be a top 6 Center for another 5 or 6 seasons.

Dats
Staal
Helm/Sheahan
Glenny

Then When Dats retires

Staal
Larkin
Helm/Sheahan
Glenny

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I don't see how Staal would be worth the price. He has severely declined as of late and I'm sure he will cost a bunch to acquire based on his name alone.

On the other hand, I'm pretty desperate to just get a big name in the organization, so why not?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I am suprised no one has mentioned his cap hit $8,250,000. Also he is UFA after next season. Good player but with that cap and wondering what he wants out of the next contract I would rather see the wings develop from within. I think Toronto gets him if he moves anyway.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I am suprised no one has mentioned his cap hit $8,250,000. Also he is UFA after next season. Good player but with that cap and wondering what he wants out of the next contract I would rather see the wings develop from within. I think Toronto gets him if he moves anyway.

Cap hit wouldn't worry me. I'm sure they would take back salary (Weiss & Kindl/Quincey).

Guessing it would take a 1st, a prospect not named Mantha or Larkin and someone like Nyquist or Riley.

That's steep though. Nyquist is on the verge of being a 30 - 35 goal scorer..

I'd only do it if he's re-signing here.

****.This.Idea.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Pulk, Jurco , 2015 or 2016 1st, and Sproul. I would rather trade that for a real number one defenseman like the HEDMAN! Tampa and Yzerman will never part with the HEDMONSTER though.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Cap hit wouldn't worry me. I'm sure they would take back salary (Weiss & Kindl/Quincey).

Guessing it would take a 1st, a prospect not named Mantha or Larkin and someone like Nyquist or Riley.

That's steep though. Nyquist is on the verge of being a 30 - 35 goal scorer..

I'd only do it if he's re-signing here.

****.This.Idea.

Once Datsyuk and Z leave, I'm not sure how effective the team is going to be without any true #1 centers. If Larkin isn't a bona fide #1, Nyquist and Tatar can't do the same things centers do, on the wing.

Sami

Oct 21, 2013

"Just the way I like it!"

holland-ken-4_3.jpg

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Once Datsyuk and Z leave, I'm not sure how effective the team is going to be without any true #1 centers. If Larkin isn't a bona fide #1, Nyquist and Tatar can't do the same things centers do, on the wing.

Well how much do we think Stall will have left when that happens?

And I know it's highly unlikely to happen. But if the Pens are ever truly serious about moving Geno..

Trade whatever for Malkin.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Staal surely isn't a #1 center if he is though, He will not be by the time Dats and Z are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany