The Official Teemu Pulkkinen Thread

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Lol I wouldn't put too much stock in game against Denmark... which was missing 5 players.

We'll see who scores the best against top teams. At the moment that contest is 3 p to 1p (assist) in favor of Armia.

Oh and I'm the one who should grow up? I think wishing me to go behind a barn and shoot myself was a bit childish from you in the other thread.

Ignore list; say hi to Zamuz!

ignore list? okay loser go ahead if it makes you feel good. You are the childish one here, going to Finnish GDT only to mock players you dislike.

btw Pulkkinen scored against Canada before.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
We'll see who scores the best against top teams. At the moment that contest is 3 p to 1p (assist) in favor of Armia.

It's not like Armia played that well in the big games, though. He got lucky with both his goals, and didn't do much in those games outside of those two scoring chances.

Don't take my post like I'm defending Pulkkinen, though. I'm not.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
It's not like Armia played that well in the big games, though. He got lucky with both his goals, and didn't do much in those games outside of those two scoring chances.

Don't take my post like I'm defending Pulkkinen, though. I'm not.
But he still got into those chances and battled in them to actually score. He isn't a guy who always battles in every situation, but a goalscorer and he picks his battles.

/offtopic

I've got nothing to add really. Pulkkinen hasn't done much outside of the 4 goals against a weaker and tired Denmark in the third, but hopefully he will get it going now since the tools are still there.

cenas*

These threads on the Finnish prospects have really unraveled to Finns trolling other Finns. Nobody else gives a damn. I come to read up on how these guys are doing and all I can read is bickering about how meaningless a game against Denmark is. If its irrevelant, don't bring it up.

We really should get some moderation here and clean this up..

TuomasIFK

Oct 4, 2011
These threads on the Finnish prospects have really unraveled to Finns trolling other Finns. Nobody else gives a damn. I come to read up on how these guys are doing and all I can read is bickering about how meaningless a game against Denmark is. If its irrevelant, don't bring it up.

We really should get some moderation here and clean this up..

I 100% agree. As a Finn, I mostly check these threads to see what people from other countries have to say about our prospects. Mostly it's the same ~5 Finns trolling each other about how this and this prospect compares to other prospect or past stars. In Finnish hockey forum Jatkoaika there is very tight moderation and it works wonders, it's mostly a very good read.

On topic, I really think Pulkkinen did get his game going on the third. I expect big things from the Mig-Pulu-duo against Czechs.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
In Finnish hockey forum Jatkoaika there is very tight moderation and it works wonders, it's mostly a very good read.

OT: Jatkoaika (aka Naziaika) has good articles but the message boards are full of homerism and posts with foregone conclusions. And it's like 2000 bureucrauts talking with each others...blah. No emotions allowed.

Pulkkinen has talent and the skill to be a difference maker in this tournament. Hopefully he shows that. I'm not sure that he should play in the same line with Granlund(s) since he can be a playmaker himself as we have seen in SM-liiga and the biggest problem with the 1st line have been goal scoring.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Lol I wouldn't put too much stock in game against Denmark... which was missing 5 players.

Oh and I'm the one who should grow up? I think wishing me to go behind a barn and shoot myself was a bit childish from you in the other thread.

Ignore list; say hi to Zamuz!

I know you didn't watch the game so your opinion is next to nothing for me. Denmark played with hart till the end even with 5 man shortage at bench. Pulkkinen's goals were goal scorers goals with good shots from good positions.

Pulkkinen got the gorilla out of his back and I'm sure, almost sure enough to bet on it, that the floodgates are opened and first line will start clicking it against better teams also.

I think the Czech game will be good eye opener for haters (those who actually watch the game; maybe not for boxscore professionals.). Czech showed that they can compete with this level and play close to the bone hockey against better teams (in paper).

Haters gonna hate, but I hope haters gonna review their opinions after the match. If first line is the worst line in Czech game I will do the same thing for sure. But only after this tournament we can see the whole picture and discuss with hard facts.

Happy New Year for everyone, especially for my fellow HIFK fan LateXiKledjut, may the year 2012 bring you some light into your life.

DregerFan

Jul 4, 2007
No. He wasnt better than Mi.Granlund

Are you kidding? He was better than both. The feed he made to an empty slot (where Granlund was supposed to be btw) was unbelievable.

I will admit though, sometimes I saw him pull a Bertuzzi-- defined as the player skating between their own zone and the middle of the ice. I hope he was gassed because he looked very lazy and slow.

It didn't happen as the 3rd went on though. I really like what I see. His skating isn't *that* bad from what I saw, it was average. That shot is unbelievable! But he can pass really well which was impressive.

Very very excited to see how he does in the playoffs

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Are you kidding? He was better than both. The feed he made to an empty slot (where Granlund was supposed to be btw) was unbelievable.

I will admit though, sometimes I saw him pull a Bertuzzi-- defined as the player skating between their own zone and the middle of the ice. I hope he was gassed because he looked very lazy and slow.

It didn't happen as the 3rd went on though. I really like what I see. His skating isn't *that* bad from what I saw, it was average. That shot is unbelievable! But he can pass really well which was impressive.

Very very excited to see how he does in the playoffs

Have to disagree with you.

Both Pulkkinen and MiG had a good game but Granlund was, in my eyes, the better one of those two. The things he did with and especially without the puck was exactly what we need from our 1st center. Thank god Pulkkinen has realized that he is shoot first type of player and not a natural playmaker, because we need those shots from every position, and Pulkkinen provides just that.

Summa summarum; The main thing is that first line has started clicking (Loffer, I'd like to hear your comments.) and I hope that their drive just keeps getting better as the tournament goes along, we need all the cylinders roaming against who ever we match up against in quarter-finals (assuming that we beat the loveable Slovaks, hopefully)

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Have to disagree with you.

Both Pulkkinen and MiG had a good game but Granlund was, in my eyes, the better one of those two. The things he did with and especially without the puck was exactly what we need from our 1st center. Thank god Pulkkinen has realized that he is shoot first type of player and not a natural playmaker, because we need those shots from every position, and Pulkkinen provides just that.

Summa summarum; The main thing is that first line has started clicking (Loffer, I'd like to hear your comments.) and I hope that their drive just keeps getting better as the tournament goes along, we need all the cylinders roaming against who ever we match up against in quarter-finals (assuming that we beat the loveable Slovaks, hopefully)

They are getting better, agreed. Bronze medal game, here we come.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
They are getting better, agreed. Bronze medal game, here we come.

Typical pessimist Finn. :) I hope that Pulkkinen doesn't have that "Me on häwitty tää pewi!"-attitude in Slovak game or in QF's. (translate: We've already lost this game-attitude).

Latex*

I liked his game yesterday even though I only saw the third. Was kind of frustrating to see him shoot wide so many times though. And that miss on that wide open net that Mi.G set him up for... gosh...

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
Bigger question. Have the Wings' prospects performed better than any other team in the league?

Because I'm looking at this and I see Pulkkinen being 4th overall in scoring, Jurco with 5 points himself, and Mrazek as the best goalie in the tournament so far.

Tvrdon isn't doing too bad either.

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
Bigger question. Have the Wings' prospects performed better than any other team in the league?

Because I'm looking at this and I see Pulkkinen being 4th overall in scoring, Jurco with 5 points himself, and Mrazek as the best goalie in the tournament so far.

Minnesota beats them imo. Brodin has been great for Swe and the others have done fairly good as well.

FIN, Mikael Granlund
USA, Charlie Coyle
USA, Jason Zucker
SWE, Johan Larsson
SWE, Jonas Brodin

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Minnesota beats them imo. Brodin has been great for Swe and the others have done fairly good as well.

FIN, Mikael Granlund
USA, Charlie Coyle
USA, Jason Zucker
SWE, Johan Larsson
SWE, Jonas Brodin

Minnesota has better prospects in the tourney, but I dont know if they performed actually better in this tournament.

Charlie Coyle hasnt impressed me

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

Don't forget Mattias Backman who has been one of Sweden's best defensemen.

RedWingsNow*

Pulkinnen looked like a tiny, slow kid who couldn't keep up against the US. And that was very disappointed.

I don't get very excited over big games against Denmark.

Oct 18, 2006
Pulkinnen looked like a tiny, slow kid who couldn't keep up against the US. And that was very disappointed.

I don't get very excited over big games against Denmark.
I didn't see the game against the US, but he looked good against Canada despite the blowout.

Pulkkinen has to be one of the most hyped prospects in recent years, and to think he's only a 4th round draft pick who is still years away from hitting the NHL.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I didn't see the game against the US, but he looked good against Canada despite the blowout.

Pulkkinen has to be one of the most hyped prospects in recent years, and to think he's only a 4th round draft pick who is still years away from hitting the NHL.

Captain Bob if there were HFboards 20 years ago would have told you that a kid name Lidstrom just didn't have the size or physicality to be a bottom pairing D man.

DregerFan

Jul 4, 2007
Captain Bob if there were HFboards 20 years ago would have told you that a kid name Lidstrom just didn't have the size or physicality to be a bottom pairing D man.

Don't worry about Captain Bob. He's a reviling character in the DRW Forum. We just tolerate his ridiculousness :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad