Player Discussion The official Playoffs or Bust thread.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
$$$$$$$.
Melnyk needs the money man. That's pretty much it.
Bust, also.

I wish he knew how much money he could make putting a winner on the ice. Teams that win stanley cups, and especially more than one, get crazy amount of sales and have their organization's value skyrocket.

Ask teams like chicago, LA, Pittsburgh etc how much more money they make/are worth compared to 15 years ago.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
They estimate each homegate is 1.2 million CDN. So he'd get 2.5 mil for minimum two games. Times Round down to 1 mil, times 6-8 home games it's an extra ten million to fifteen million if you go to the finals.
Now this team ISN'T going finals but they can make an extra 3 mil with one round of playoffs.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The Hawks over the last 10 seasons have made a profit the fact they had a terrible product 10 years before that is why in the over all picture they are still in the red.

Melnyk has no connection to previous ownership and if they turned a profit or not. Melnyk has made a lot of money from the Sens, by the team for pennies and in 10 years tripled his investment. How he manages his finances is the issue.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Can someone please explain to me the direction our management wants to go with this team?
We're not bad enough for a top 5 pick
We're not good enough for the playoffs.

Sucks to be a sens fan right now :shakehead

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Can someone please explain to me the direction our management wants to go with this team?
We're not bad enough for a top 5 pick
We're not good enough for the playoffs.

Sucks to be a sens fan right now :shakehead
*puts on tinfoil hat*

Make a trade to make overly optimistic fans think the Sens look competitive when we're not, just to stave off calls for management's heads, push blame on Cameron, bye bye Cameron hello new Melnyk Yes Man. Meet new coach, same as old coach. Managment stays as is

We're only like 3 points ahead of the top 5 in the draft and I believe we face a couple other Tankers. Screw up enough and we may have a chance there I say

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Takes a braver man ... I mean a real brave hombre to take the bet
raw

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
gonna be real hard if Detroit, and Boston continue to win games, but I think we have it in us. Worst case we finish 9th and EK takes a Norris.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Only 4 points back now and we leapfrogged Philly. 4 straight wins. We play our next two games versus teams worse then us.

We still have a chance to make the playoffs.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Only 4 points back now and we leapfrogged Philly. 4 straight wins. We play our next two games versus teams worse then us.

Very slim chance. Philly was never a real obstacle, and even they have 3 games in hand on us. Pittsburgh holds the last WC with 4 points on us and 3 games in hand as well. Boston playing well enough to get spot for sure.....

I just don't see how we can make it unless we win out from now on until the regular season ends.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

4 pts back of 8th place; 8th place team has 3 games in hand. Its farther back than 4 pts.

It's a longshot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad