Player Discussion The official Playoffs or Bust thread.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I am starting a new anti-tank thread. It is called playoffs or bust. I will not be satisfied with anything but the playoffs this season. If you are not satisfied with tanking, leave the tankers to their own thread and come post your support here.

Dear Karlsson, we could care less about your all-star appearances. We want the cup!!!

Signed HF Ottawa Senators fans.

ps. Now get your arses in gear and start winning

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I wanna tank but I want Karlsson to win his third Norris more, if that means finishing 10th or 9th spot over getting a sweet pick in the top 5 so be it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I am starting a new anti-tank thread. It is called playoffs or bust. I will not be satisfied with anything but the playoffs this season. If you are not satisfied with tanking, leave the tankers to their own thread and come post your support here.

Dear Karlsson, we could care less about your all-star appearances. We want the cup!!!

Signed HF Ottawa Senators fans.

ps. Now get your arses in gear and start winning

:handclap:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Will of the fans one way or another is not going to make a difference.

The way the standings are stacked with the 3 pt games it is highly unlikely that we make the playoffs.

No tanking will happen on purpose. Cameron and a .500 inconsistent team will take care of where we finish.

I do really like the Phaneuf addition. Maybe we play a little better than .500 the rest of the way.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah it's going to be bust.

No way in hell do they go on another run like they did last year which is basically what needs to happen.

Also need to have teams we are chasing collapse which also seems unlikely, maybe Tampa? Even then....

We are screwed: took way, way too long to fix the D and we still have two massive holes in our top 6/

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
We need to win each game almost.

I frankly think winning a lot of games and competing and finishing 9th or 10th in the East is way better long term then losing and getting a higher pick though.

I still have sone hope. But losing the last two was disasterous to our playoff chances.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'm not ready to start the wait for next season already, so I heartily support this thread

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Playoffs probably aren't happening. That said, this team can still give the fans something to cheer for.

I'm hoping for some good games and some outstanding individual performances. There's nothing to lose.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
They will start winning after the trade deadline passes. That's what happened last year.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
We need to win each game almost.

I frankly think winning a lot of games and competing and finishing 9th or 10th in the East is way better long term then losing and getting a higher pick though.

I still have sone hope. But losing the last two was disasterous to our playoff chances.

I've heard that soooo many times. Even with this team alone I've heard that a bunch. Heck, last year we heard that.

It doesn't do any good. Every season is a new season and what happened in the last month of the previous season means nothing.

If what you said was true, Ottawa would be leading the conference after dominating to end the season last year. It doesn't work that way.

KingK

Jan 14, 2014
THE GOOD NEWS IS:

If we make the playoffs... it means we are coming in HOT!!! Similar to last year but I think we would be more dangerous this year if this team could pull it together for a big run into the post season. I like this thread, there is still hope and of course we want our team to win.

Hopefully Murray can land DROUIN right away here and get him into the lineup while we still have a chance to turn things around.

:popcorn:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Even if we miss the playoffs I'm still excited going forward now that we have a legitimate NHL D corps and will be excited to see what the off season entails. As far as picks go, you have no control where you pick, so I always say, let the chips fall as they may. Heck, the #5 worst team may win the entire lottery, or you can be TM and "tank" your little heart out and still miss McDavid. Or you can tank your little heart out, pick Daigle, and miss out on Chris Pronger at #2.

A whole lot of worthless effort to root for a draft position IMO.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
To elaborate on my last point, I wonder if this "we'll spend when the time is right" was an awful idea. I hated the cheapness at first, but then started to agree with that line of thinking.

But looking back, we would often make the playoffs in the 7 or 8 spot or just miss the playoffs.

I wonder if we filled our holes...like gonchar type ufa signings, maybe we finish 5-6 in the conference, and a player like ceci has more confidence with a vet D partner and would be a 30-40 point Dman right now.

I'm probably exaggerating, but I wonder if the lack of plugging holes prevented our young guys from developing further with more comfort and confidence in their linemates.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
It's a tidy little box they have crafted.

If you tank/suck and get a high draft pick and that pick turns into a superstar , plan validated in their mind.

If you tank/suck and get a high draft pick and he turns into nothing more than a good NHL player or even a bust , then it was just bad scouting/drafting by management.

If you don't tank / suck and get a high draft pick that turns into a superstar then it was all luck and any subsequent improvement can't be credited to scouting/management.

If you don't tank / suck and get a high draft pick that turns into just a good NHL'er or even a bust, then it's bad scouting or drafting by management.

If you don't tank / suck and don't get a high draft pick, who then turns into an average NHL'er or a bust, then this is what happens when you don't tank.

If you don't tank / suck and don't get a high draft pick and it still turns into a superstar, then .. mind melts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad