The official, Pictures of yourself and gear.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
In all the leagues here, goalies must wear skates.

Anyway, no pics yet, but soon there will be:

I play for RBK Detroit Demolition (rbk sponsored inline)

Skates-Tour Code E-2, RBK 7K ice w/ Labeda Hum'er Cat-eye chassis
Gloves-RBK 9K, NBH One90
Helmet-RBK 6k w/ Oakley Visor
Shins-Mission Matrix (3rd pair, i love these!)
Elbows-Sherwood 5030, probably 10 years old
Sticks-Right now im rotating between a TPS Adrenaline, and Inno 1100 shaft.

fullmetal2405

Feb 3, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
You don't wear skates? I never realized anybody would do that. Is that common in roller hockey or do only a few go skateless? My nephew played goalie in roller and as far as I know, he wore skates.

I wear skates when I play roller, as do all the other goalies in the league I've played in. I have encounterd some who don't wear them though

Muttley*

I'm the goalie with the red mask

DSC00276.jpg

During the last game of the season, 9-3 win

That's gotta be the Ice House rink #2, my favorite place in the whole wide world. I see the pro phop in the corner.

kegcrew

Mar 8, 2007
Couple of pics from my last game of prep school hockey last spring.
http://www.geocities.com/pwisnieff/HockeyPictures024.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/pwisnieff/HockeyPictures053.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/pwisnieff/HockeyPictures085.JPG

and the last one I'm not in(unfortunately I had been pulled for an extra skater) but I thought you guys might enjoy a nice picture from the line brawl at the buzzer.
http://www.geocities.com/pwisnieff/HockeyPictures124.jpg

Eddy dome piece (cage got dented first game)
CCM 10 Blocker
CCM Gatekeeper glove
CCM 10 pads
Ballistik stick (dirty sticks I highly suggest looking into them)
I just got RBK premier series II pads but sorry no pictures yet.

Last edited:

fullmetal2405

Feb 3, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
That's gotta be the Ice House rink #2, my favorite place in the whole wide world. I see the pro phop in the corner.

Good call, that's exactly where we were. The most amazing place I've ever played. Ice was great, I just didn't like how light the crease was painted, I couldn't get comfortable because I couldn't tell where I was. If only there was a crowd of 250 like we had 1st game of the season. Well, it was an away game so I can understand that :p:

Pro shop was great too. I tried on a $500 RBK catch mitt and had to change my pants.

FlyByWire

Mar 1, 2007
Mesa, AZ
First off, Im 6'7" 300lbs, so the pics look out of proportion:

Bauer 8090's
Bauer 7000 shins
CCM pants
Some old Jofa chest pads w/ the shoulder caps cut out.
Bauer 5000 Helmet/Cage
Mission M1 Pro gloves

Hockey192.jpg

Hockey041.jpg

I took that puck right on my elbow.. ouch.
Always wanted to play goalie.. but my fat ass wouldnt stand a chance...

Yertle The Turtle

Apr 14, 2004
Millville, NJ
www.bluelinehockey.net
DSC01954.jpg

I'm the player in blue. Its blurry but I'm about to crunch the kid

DSC01048.jpg

#52. Bit of a scrum there, its more of the after math lol

CURRENT EQUIPMENT
Skates- Bauer Vapor XXX
Shoulder- Nike V12 shoulder pads
Helmet- Bauer 8000- Red
Gloves- Mission He 10000
Stick- Easton Stealth

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
From Earlier in the thread but I'll post them on here now indtead of links

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0068-1.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

All Eagle Sentry 07 equipment.

Muttley*

Good call, that's exactly where we were. The most amazing place I've ever played. Ice was great, I just didn't like how light the crease was painted, I couldn't get comfortable because I couldn't tell where I was. If only there was a crowd of 250 like we had 1st game of the season. Well, it was an away game so I can understand that :p:

Pro shop was great too. I tried on a $500 RBK catch mitt and had to change my pants.

Are you done with HS hockey or are you an underclassman?

Also did your team start out in JV and then move to Varsity? I know they did that with Depaul Catholic, Sparta and most teams that are new to ice hockey. Too bad about people not showing up for games. IceHouse was the first to stop charging money for HS games while IceVaut & Floyd still charge like $7 or $8

fullmetal2405

Feb 3, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
Unfortunately, I'm a senior. At least I got one year of HS hockey in. and I think it's a rule that you have to start out JV for at least one year before moving to Varsity. Granted, a bunch of schools played their varsity team against us after hearing how we beat up Morris Knolls.

I'm probably going to La Salle in Philly next year, and they've got a club team so I'll hopefully be lacing up with them.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
From Earlier in the thread but I'll post them on here now indtead of links

All Eagle Sentry 07 equipment.

Did you go with 11 inch width? Pads look like 11 inch from the pics. I was thinking about switching to 11 inch but im not going pro anytime, so dont know if its worth it, I hear people love the mobility a lot more though.

Muttley*

Unfortunately, I'm a senior. At least I got one year of HS hockey in. and I think it's a rule that you have to start out JV for at least one year before moving to Varsity. Granted, a bunch of schools played their varsity team against us after hearing how we beat up Morris Knolls.

I'm probably going to La Salle in Philly next year, and they've got a club team so I'll hopefully be lacing up with them.

Yep. Most of the Philly schools have club teams. We play a group of UPenn alumni now.

At least you got to play one year. My high school didn't have any hockey program when I was there. Actually, I'm kind of glad because parents & coaches would have probably ruined it for us. :sarcasm:

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
Did you go with 11 inch width? Pads look like 11 inch from the pics. I was thinking about switching to 11 inch but im not going pro anytime, so dont know if its worth it, I hear people love the mobility a lot more though.

Yeah. They are 11 inch. They took a while to get used to, but now I do feel more mobile in them. The smaller pads really dont make much of a difference in your game. The thing I find makes the largest difference is the smaller trapper(Im still able to block all the shots, just about 25% of the time I cant catch it anymore). All the equipment is NHL sizing.

I didnt want to go down the size but I decided I should since theres a possibility I might tryout for JR in 2 or 3 years, and we got an amazing deal on the pads through an NHL player so I decided to make them last since I would never be able to afford equipment of this quality.(worth like 2000-2500$ for the pads + blocker and trapper. But I got them for 500$ combined, has my name stitched onto them and everything).

So its better to make these last so if I do make the switch that I dont have to get new pads + spend more money.

Last edited:

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
january0457py.jpg

all the equipment I need.

Actually, my grandpa has my gloves there. And it's not my usual stick.
But I think my rink beats all the rest here, except perhaps GM Place.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah. They are 11 inch. They took a while to get used to, but now I do feel more mobile in them. The smaller pads really dont make much of a difference in your game. The thing I find makes the largest difference is the smaller trapper(Im still able to block all the shots, just about 25% of the time I cant catch it anymore). All the equipment is NHL sizing.

I didnt want to go down the size but I decided I should since theres a possibility I might be playing JR in 2 or 3 years, and we got an amazing deal on the pads through an NHL player so I decided to make them last since I would never be able to afford equipment of this quality.(worth like 2000-2500$ for the pads + blocker and trapper. But I got them for 500$ combined, has my name stitched onto them and everything).

So its better to make these last so when/if I do make the switch that I dont have to get new pads + spend more money.

Yeah, I definitely think you made the right choice then, may as well get used to the stuff now. After HS all I did was intramural and now beer league stuff, so I dont see a reason for it. Mostly everyone says the glove is the hardest thing to get used to, so im definitely sticking with my glove.

Muttley*

is it just me or is there just alot of goalies around here....

Yes, because goalies are very strange individuals & have way too much time on their hands. Weird sticks, weird pads, weird helmets, weird skates=very weird people.

They give me the creeps. They should give you the creeps too. Give them a tap on their pads before & after the game, but stay away from them at all costs! :naughty:

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Keep in mind that this is only a roller hockey league.. but here is my list:

Itech 1200 Profile Helmet
Itech Throat Protector
Franklin Blocker and Catcher
CCM Vector 6.0 Goalie Stick
CCM Vector Chest Protector
Gear Denial pads
Itech Goalie Pants (on order)

Also, as it is roller hockey, I dont wear skates.

EDIT: This picture was from the last session, so I am not wearing my Itech 1200 Helmet

l_5586b734aff038e4e6bce3e9c937fca3.jpg

Man, you look bored...but then again, it is roller :sarcasm:

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
0918062111.jpg

Oh wait, I was supposed to be in my gear ;)

I'll post one tonight. Just wanted to show off I guess :handclap: (this was taken with a crappy cell phone, btw)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad