The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Heard that scumbag guy Dater who likes to harass woman online was on this morning, gotta figure someone didn't do their research.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Heard that ******* guy Dater who likes to harass woman online was on this morning, gotta figure someone didn't do their research.

Not sure they need to do any research. Dater covers the Avs and has a bunch of sources in the organization, that's why they had him on. If Dater wasn't blackballed in Colorado, not sure TSN1200 needs to police or get involved in something they don't need to.

I'm just happy the station actually had a guest on the station other than someone who works for TSN or for the Sens. It was actually nice to hear a different spin on the trade, even though dude sounded pretty grumpy.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Not sure they need to do any research. Dater covers the Avs and has a bunch of sources in the organization, that's why they had him on. If Dater wasn't blackballed in Colorado, not sure TSN1200 needs to police or get involved in something they don't need to.

I'm just happy the station actually had a guest on the station other than someone who works for TSN or for the Sens. It was actually nice to hear a different spin on the trade, even though dude sounded pretty grumpy.
I say this all the time when they bring on Jack Armstrong for raptors talk. They can never be too critical/intrusive into any real goings on in the organization and just beat the company drum. Pierre plays to his crowd.

Reactions: Chezzz

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Since they came back from summer break the music has been a major let down. I loved the fact they used to play so much 90's hip hop. It's rare to hear the good stuff on radio nowadays. Just give me a little Run the Jewels Abson.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Not a big fan of Dater but there was a lot going on with that incident, it was two bloggers looking for attention on one side and Dater being a complete tool on the other. No one was innocent here. That said, in an ideal world they get another guy on the Avs beat and 1200 loses Simmer as well, and they clone Mendes infinitely. The more bereft of personality, the better.

I do agree with Stylizer1 that the media should be much more intrusive and attack-oriented at all times, to the point where the pressure is insane at all levels. It's the only way the team will produce a championship, really.

That said, I'll check out Battle of the Atlantic for sure, hopefully Mendes or Versage are involved.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
On the plus side, thank f*** the REDBLACKS are out so TSN1200 can focus on the NHL more. I hope we lose the REDBLACKS show and replace it with more hockey talk, and fast.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
McGuire: Senators are a legit contender in the East

Good interview with McGuire. Enjoyed the whole thing, but the last 3:30 of the interview is good especially. Pierre talks about Boucher's system.

He also speaks about where he sees us in the context of the East and Canadian teams (legit finals contender and top Canadian team with TML). He also talks a bit about Colin White and why he doesn't have the same concerns with White as he had with Lazar.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
On the plus side, thank **** the REDBLACKS are out so TSN1200 can focus on the NHL more. I hope we lose the REDBLACKS show and replace it with more hockey talk, and fast.

Is it not strange that the station has 2 solely RedBlacks focused shows (RedBlack Radio Show and QB Club), yet absolutely no show dedicated 100% to the Ottawa Senators or the NHL?? This station wouldn't even exist without the Sens. I guess every daily show discusses the Sens, but they talk about the RedBlacks just as much throughout the day.

Absolutely no creativity leading this station. Biggest creative change in years was the big decision to have live "My Pillow" commercials to cut as much on air time as possible.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Is it not strange that the station has 2 solely RedBlacks focused shows (RedBlack Radio Show and QB Club), yet absolutely no show dedicated 100% to the Ottawa Senators or the NHL?? This station wouldn't even exist without the Sens. I guess every daily show discusses the Sens, but they talk about the RedBlacks just as much throughout the day.

Absolutely no creativity leading this station. Biggest creative change in years was the big decision to have live "My Pillow" commercials to cut as much on air time as possible.
Don't think we really need a dedicated Sens show because that's all they talk about most of the time. I have been saying for a long time that they need to have an NHL show but it has to be a national broadcasted show. Battle of the Atlantic is pretty good but it should be longer and cover more of the NHL.

Commercials pay bills so the fact they promote a pillow is not my issue. It is the quality of the advertisement which will make me pay attention.

ianmendes

Dec 15, 2016

I think we essentially do have a Senators show during the season...it's the pre-game show that has two hours of Sens-focused coverage. There isn't another radio station in North America with a dedicated two-hour pre-game show for their hockey team. So if you figure we have 3 Sens games/week during the season, that's like having 3 Sens shows on the station -- in addition to the content we provide during the regular shows.

And I would vehemently disagree on your point that I talk about the Redblacks as much as I do about the Senators on my show. There's not even a grain of truth to that comment.

Reactions: IWantMyParade

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
One of the most annoying things is hearing a show one weekend and trying to tune in next week only to hear something different. Every weekend it seems like this is the case. You'll hear The Reporters one Sunday and then nothing the following weekend. I'm not even sure when TSN Weekend is on. I thought it was on Saturday? and Sunday but this doesn't seem to be the case. What happened to Mendes Blogger show? That's what she said is being wasted at its time slot. They should be on Saturday morning between 11 -12pm. Grassroots - The Minor Hockey Show and Jr. Hockey Magazine with Gino Reda should be slotted together

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I think we essentially do have a Senators show during the season...it's the pre-game show that has two hours of Sens-focused coverage. There isn't another radio station in North America with a dedicated two-hour pre-game show for their hockey team. So if you figure we have 3 Sens games/week during the season, that's like having 3 Sens shows on the station -- in addition to the content we provide during the regular shows.

And I would vehemently disagree on your point that I talk about the Redblacks as much as I do about the Senators on my show. There's not even a grain of truth to that comment.

I'm just chiming in to agree that "I guess every daily show discusses the Sens, but they talk about the RedBlacks just as much throughout the day" is an absurd statement. *Maybe* you can say this for the day or two before the playoff game, when the Sens hadn't played for like 5 days. But Chezz is gonna Chezz.

I don't really listen to the post-game, but I do listen a lot to the pre-games. I like that the station is getting a handle on which personalities to bring in for the pre-game. I enjoy Simmer as he stays focused when on the pre-game. Having Todd and Lloyd on at the same time as the usual host was cool too, even though In the Box is my least favourite of the daily shows.

I'd love for Dean to tone down the sarcasm. He's even over the top during every "view from the broadcast booth" segment, which is like 5 minutes before puck drop. Stop it Dean, I wanna get hyped, not listen to your jokes about the opposition lines. I've listened to you for 20 years, you're better than this.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Jack Todd with an interesting article today about the noise created by social media and the rise of hate towards the Habs (but in reality all NHL team have this now)

Interesting because the old school media guys don’t have the voice they once did, and Todd admits that and does the typical ‘illiterate, moms basement’ type of thing to discredit them. This phenomenon of Okd schools guys lined Todd who consider themselves journalist, so they follow certain decorum, versus what fans want now. We see this fans here talking about tSn1200 being soft of Melnyk, soft on management and generally soft on all things Sen. these media work close to team and we saw how close with the he death of Murray and how close these his really are to members of the team at times, and it’s very close.

Reality TV makes fans want to turn their sports teams into consumable items. In other sports we have this, BFL, NBA especially we have big personalities with political, social, cultural figures that lead headlines for months and even years. kaepernick, Lebron, Curry, Sherman, Cosch Ryan in Buffalo leading a trump rally and of course Brady and Belechick with Trunp - but hockey isn’t like this, it’s a follow the leader sport that is so conformist no one ever steps out of line.

Our owner is about the biggest mouth in the nhl, and he isn’t ever taking political or cultural stands, he’s usually singling out individuals he’s angry at - Crosby, our own Coachm Heatkey, Cooke, our own goalies.

Hard for the Old School guys like Todd to keep the conformist lid on the fans when everything is changing so quickly. with the demands of what the fans and other sports being hugely relevant in every day life, seems like Todd wants to still work from his typewriter.

Hard to keep hockey conformist when we want more as fans. Fine lines here, most of us thought Brennan going to EKs wedding was just stupid, that personal stuff we don’t want. Privacy is still privacy. But more hard hitting is being asked for. And the balance these media guys need to strike is hard in hockey because hockey players give you nothing, don’t want to give tin anything, and the reporters don’t want anything from Them besides the same 5 answers they give for 82 straight games.

Hans reporters could barely hide their contempt for PK, because he was an individual - but the fans wanted PK to stay.

Just want to say Jack Todd (on social media of course - the place he hates because people have differing opinions to his pre-season prediction that the Habs would be a top team again) is now on Twitter saying Bergevin will be fired, retweeting Price 'minor' injury trade rumours and full on joining the pre season anxiety chorus the 70% of Habs fans who said the team would suck.

How quickly Todd fuels the social media fire of rumour and innuendo only 6 weeks ago he angrily railed against. Pot, kettle - have a good one.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I'm just chiming in to agree that "I guess every daily show discusses the Sens, but they talk about the RedBlacks just as much throughout the day" is an absurd statement. *Maybe* you can say this for the day or two before the playoff game, when the Sens hadn't played for like 5 days. But Chezz is gonna Chezz.

I don't really listen to the post-game, but I do listen a lot to the pre-games. I like that the station is getting a handle on which personalities to bring in for the pre-game. I enjoy Simmer as he stays focused when on the pre-game. Having Todd and Lloyd on at the same time as the usual host was cool too, even though In the Box is my least favourite of the daily shows.

I'd love for Dean to tone down the sarcasm. He's even over the top during every "view from the broadcast booth" segment, which is like 5 minutes before puck drop. Stop it Dean, I wanna get hyped, not listen to your jokes about the opposition lines. I've listened to you for 20 years, you're better than this.

OK Ian and Denis, Chez is about to Chez again. During the Redblack season, when the Sens aren't playing, the RBs are discussed as much as the Sens and that's perfectly normal because its the offseason in the NHL. All I stated was that if the station feels a need to have two RB centric radio shows every week during the Sens off-season, why can't we have at least one Sens centric show during the RedBlacks off-season?

Please listen to TSN690 for one whole day and then listen to TSN1200 for one whole day and then make the argument that the current Sens content delivered by TSN1200 is adequate. I thoroughly enjoy listening to the pre-game show, as its the only time that the station actually discusses things on a much deeper level like player deployment, prospects, and other tactical parts of the team's game and Ian, as the host the majority of the time, you deserve the applause and credit. Unfortunately, you are sometimes stuck with personalities like Brennan or Dean Brown who try to turn the roundtable into the "Dean Brown" show instead of the Senators pre-game.

As a Sens fan, I want to hear more of this throughout the day. All TGOR did this morning was come up with excuses as to why we are losing - "they deserved a better fate", "trip to Sweden derailed this team", etc. Warne mixed in some big words, tried to be funny and then commercial.

Argue with me all you want, and dismiss my opinion, but believe me, I am not the only person who feels this way. I believe in guys like Ian Mendes, and truly believe that Ian does his best to listen to the listeners and accommodate everyone as best he can. Unfortunately, he is only one person. If the other hosts aren't open to change, then not much Ian can do on his own.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
OK Ian and Denis, Chez is about to Chez again. During the Redblack season, when the Sens aren't playing, the RBs are discussed as much as the Sens and that's perfectly normal because its the offseason in the NHL. All I stated was that if the station feels a need to have two RB centric radio shows every week during the Sens off-season, why can't we have at least one Sens centric show during the RedBlacks off-season?

Please listen to TSN690 for one whole day and then listen to TSN1200 for one whole day and then make the argument that the current Sens content delivered by TSN1200 is adequate. I thoroughly enjoy listening to the pre-game show, as its the only time that the station actually discusses things on a much deeper level like player deployment, prospects, and other tactical parts of the team's game and Ian, as the host the majority of the time, you deserve the applause and credit. Unfortunately, you are sometimes stuck with personalities like Brennan or Dean Brown who try to turn the roundtable into the "Dean Brown" show instead of the Senators pre-game.

As a Sens fan, I want to hear more of this throughout the day. All TGOR did this morning was come up with excuses as to why we are losing - "they deserved a better fate", "trip to Sweden derailed this team", etc. Warne mixed in some big words, tried to be funny and then commercial.

Argue with me all you want, and dismiss my opinion, but believe me, I am not the only person who feels this way. I believe in guys like Ian Mendes, and truly believe that Ian does his best to listen to the listeners and accommodate everyone as best he can. Unfortunately, he is only one person. If the other hosts aren't open to change, then not much Ian can do on his own.
You can't have 3 shows discussing the Sens to death. That would become boring. I like the CFL but don't love it. That's probably why I don't listen to any RedBlacks shows. I wish they would cover basketball like they actually know the sport but oh well, I will make do with hockey talk most of the time.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
You can't have 3 shows discussing the Sens to death. That would become boring. I like the CFL but don't love it. That's probably why I don't listen to any RedBlacks shows. I wish they would cover basketball like they actually know the sport but oh well, I will make do with hockey talk most of the time.

More basketball, more baseball and more NFL football is definitely needed. I miss the days when the station had guys like Jason Laconfora, Eric Edholm, etc. Now the NFL talk on the majority of the station consists of hosts just plugging their fav teams (ie Pats talk). "Baseball talk" doesn't include Expos discussions. The station talks more Expos than any other MLB topic. The only host that has outwardly expressed his love for baseball is Ian, and there is no hope for him to have any baseball discussions because he works with Simmer, who is basically a one trick pony, hockey or Pats, that's all Simmer has.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
why can't we have at least one Sens centric show during the RedBlacks off-season?

I find that most of the time, you have these dedicated shows serving as ghettos for sports that aren't addressed properly during the day because the regular daily hosts are unable to cover them. Soccer is a classic one. The normal hosts are completely at a loss to cover soccer, so you stick them in in their dedicated timeslot with hosts that are brought in specifically for that sport.

Hockey you don't really need that because you get hours of hockey talk during the day plus the pre and post game shows. What could they possibly cover that isn't already covered? You might have shows on specific areas like analytics, or covering the AHL affiliate or stuff like that (or junior hockey, or women's hockey, but that's not the Sens).

The Red Blacks get their own shows, but aren't quite as bad as soccer because there are more people able to talk about them during the day, but there are still a lot of people that seem to just suppress a general disdain for the CFL and would rather drone on about 'their' NFL team representing some city that they've probably never been to, let alone lived in. So, at least you populate the dedicated shows with people are enthusiastic about the sport.

ianmendes

Dec 15, 2016
Hey gang - I've been thinking more and more that I want to be as interactive as possible...so from time-to-time, I'm going to drop by here -- and give you my complete outline for a show.

This will also hopefully give you all a little window into how our show works. Every day, I put together this outline (below) send it off to our producer/Simmer each day and get the ball rolling.

Obviously there are going to be different stories that evolve throughout the day, so things can tend to change over the course of a couple of hours. I want to be transparent on this show and get some feedback that is constructive. And by allowing you to read this ahead of time, perhaps you'll be able to add some different discussion points that we can tackle as well.

Monday, November 20th:
GUESTS:

Ray Ferraro - TSN Hockey analyst - 4:15pm (confirmed)

Henry Burris - TSN 1200 football analyst - 4:35pm (to be confirmed)

CONTESTS/PRIZING:

CONTEST IDEA FOR DAILY PRIZE - LET'S TALK ABOUT THE DUMBEST IN-GAME COACHING DECISIONS EVER MADE IN ANY SPORT -- IN LIGHT OF JASON MAAS DECISION YESTERDAY.

$100 gift card to Griffin Jewelry Design

SENS TOPICS:
Looks like I'm watching Slap Shot now...how brutal was that loss on Saturday vs Arizona? Then followed up by a flat effort vs NYR. Is this team headed in the wrong direction right now?

Sens power play continues to be an issue in big spots. What are they doing with the man advantage? And would you just roll out the best 5 players now -- Karlsson/Hoffman/Stone/Brassard/Duchene and try and make that work?

Matt Duchene still hasn't registered a point in five games with the Sens. Are you starting to get concerned about the lack of production? What about his linemates and finding the right chemistry?

A look at the stats since the trade:
Duchene: 0 points, -6 rating, 21 shots in 5 games
Turris: 1 goal, 3 points, +2 rating and 5 shots in 4 games

Brendan Smith hit on Mark Borowiecki. Does that deserve supplemental discipline from the NHL? Boro flew home today. Wideman is now hurt long-term as well. Any chance they go down the Chabot road....or is the easy call to bring back Harpur? What does this do to Guy Boucher's master plan on 11 F and 7 D?

NHL TOPICS:
Russian hockey reporter Igor Eronko reporting that Russian parliament is preparing a bill for the KHL that may forbid its players from participating in the Olympics....and that would include import players like Canadians and Americans. How will this impact Olympics and orgs like Hockey Canada?

NHL announces Bruins-Blackhawks outdoor game at Notre Dame for next year's Winter Classic. Are we sick of Blackhawks in every outdoor game? Would it be better if they tried teams like Nashville and Dallas in these games? They also announced Penguins-Flyers at Lincoln Financial Field for next year's stadium series. Would you rather have seen that game played at Penn State? The 2019 NHL Winter Classic has been announced, and it will take place at an iconic venue - Article - BARDOWN

Habs get smoked 6-0 on home ice on the weekend. Is Marc Bergevin just on borrowed time now? A report suggests he's the most active GM out there....but should he be allowed to make another bold move? Report: Bergevin the NHL's 'most active' GM - Article - TSN

Time for us to start calling the Winnipeg Jets a Stanley Cup contender?

CFL TOPICS:

Once again, a CFL West team is unable to pull off the crossover...giving us a Toronto/Calgary Grey Cup. What does this do for the atmosphere this week at TD Place? And is there anybody who thinks Toronto can pull this one off?

Jason Maas makes a boneheaded decision in 4th quarter of the game. Is there any rationale for what he did? Is this the worst coaching decision ever?

Is this good for the CFL that the Argos in in the big game? Can this help revive the franchise at all?

NFL TOPICS:

Marshawyn Lynch sits for US anthem, but stands for Mexican one; Trump tweets about it. Trump rips Lynch for anthem protest in Mexico

The Eagles are the best team in the NFL. Agree or disagree with that statement? When we talk about long championship droughts, we talked about the Cubs...Leafs....why don't we ever mention the Philadelphia Eagles in the same breath? They haven't won a Super Bowl ever.

Former Patriots/Cowboys receiver Terry Glenn reportedly killed in a car accident today. He caught Tom Brady's first ever TD pass in the NFL.

ON THIS DATE IN SPORTS HISTORY:

20 years ago today, Eric Lindros was accused of biting Marty McSorely during a fight.

MULTIPLE CHOICE MADNESS:
1. What's the worst in-game decision made by a football head coach?
a) Jason Maas opting for a FG in the red zone with less than 2 mins left in CFL East Final
b) Pete Carroll and the Seahawks choosing to throw the ball at the goal line in the Super Bowl
c) Lions coach Marty Mornhinweg wins coin toss, but opts to kick off in OT

2. What's the biggest issue with the Ottawa Senators right now?
a) Power play not coming up in big spots
b) Need to find right line combos up front
c) D-pairings are struggling
d) Goaltending not bailing them out

3. Which expansion to Eastern Canada do you think is most likely in the next 10 years?
a) CFL to Halifax
b) NHL to Quebec City
c) MLB back to Montreal

4. Which team are you most surprised is leading their division right now in the NFL?
a) Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3)
b) Minnesota Vikings (8-2)
c) New Orleans Saints (8-2)
d) Los Angeles Rams (7-3)

5. Now that we know the opponents for the Grey Cup, if you had the chance to attend just one of the following at TD Place, which would you choose:
a) Grey Cup game between Argos & Stamps
b) NHL outdoor game with Sens & Habs

LEFTOVER FIVE ON THE DRIVE:

Did Tom Brady suggest that Gisele nags him around the house? LOOK: Tom Brady apologizes to Gisele after hilarious slip-up at press conference

LeSean McCoy predicted that his rookie QB would throw 5 INTs in his debut game. LeSean McCoy accidentally predicted Nathan Peterman's disastrous 5-interception game

Jeremy Roenick takes a rattlesnake out of his garage with a pair of golf clubs. Jeremy Roenick took on a terrifying rattlesnake with a pair of golf clubs

Some people are angry that the NFL is promoting the Thursday night football game on Thanksgiving with Lawrence Taylor -- who is a registered sex offender. https://deadspin.com/nbc-airs-a-biz...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Hey gang - I've been thinking more and more that I want to be as interactive as possible...so from time-to-time, I'm going to drop by here -- and give you my complete outline for a show.

This will also hopefully give you all a little window into how our show works. Every day, I put together this outline (below) send it off to our producer/Simmer each day and get the ball rolling.

Obviously there are going to be different stories that evolve throughout the day, so things can tend to change over the course of a couple of hours. I want to be transparent on this show and get some feedback that is constructive. And by allowing you to read this ahead of time, perhaps you'll be able to add some different discussion points that we can tackle as well.

Monday, November 20th:
GUESTS:

Ray Ferraro - TSN Hockey analyst - 4:15pm (confirmed)

Henry Burris - TSN 1200 football analyst - 4:35pm (to be confirmed)

CONTESTS/PRIZING:

CONTEST IDEA FOR DAILY PRIZE - LET'S TALK ABOUT THE DUMBEST IN-GAME COACHING DECISIONS EVER MADE IN ANY SPORT -- IN LIGHT OF JASON MAAS DECISION YESTERDAY.

$100 gift card to Griffin Jewelry Design

SENS TOPICS:
Looks like I'm watching Slap Shot now...how brutal was that loss on Saturday vs Arizona? Then followed up by a flat effort vs NYR. Is this team headed in the wrong direction right now?

Sens power play continues to be an issue in big spots. What are they doing with the man advantage? And would you just roll out the best 5 players now -- Karlsson/Hoffman/Stone/Brassard/Duchene and try and make that work?

Matt Duchene still hasn't registered a point in five games with the Sens. Are you starting to get concerned about the lack of production? What about his linemates and finding the right chemistry?

A look at the stats since the trade:
Duchene: 0 points, -6 rating, 21 shots in 5 games
Turris: 1 goal, 3 points, +2 rating and 5 shots in 4 games

Brendan Smith hit on Mark Borowiecki. Does that deserve supplemental discipline from the NHL? Boro flew home today. Wideman is now hurt long-term as well. Any chance they go down the Chabot road....or is the easy call to bring back Harpur? What does this do to Guy Boucher's master plan on 11 F and 7 D?

NHL TOPICS:
Russian hockey reporter Igor Eronko reporting that Russian parliament is preparing a bill for the KHL that may forbid its players from participating in the Olympics....and that would include import players like Canadians and Americans. How will this impact Olympics and orgs like Hockey Canada?

NHL announces Bruins-Blackhawks outdoor game at Notre Dame for next year's Winter Classic. Are we sick of Blackhawks in every outdoor game? Would it be better if they tried teams like Nashville and Dallas in these games? They also announced Penguins-Flyers at Lincoln Financial Field for next year's stadium series. Would you rather have seen that game played at Penn State? The 2019 NHL Winter Classic has been announced, and it will take place at an iconic venue - Article - BARDOWN

Habs get smoked 6-0 on home ice on the weekend. Is Marc Bergevin just on borrowed time now? A report suggests he's the most active GM out there....but should he be allowed to make another bold move? Report: Bergevin the NHL's 'most active' GM - Article - TSN

Time for us to start calling the Winnipeg Jets a Stanley Cup contender?

CFL TOPICS:

Once again, a CFL West team is unable to pull off the crossover...giving us a Toronto/Calgary Grey Cup. What does this do for the atmosphere this week at TD Place? And is there anybody who thinks Toronto can pull this one off?

Jason Maas makes a boneheaded decision in 4th quarter of the game. Is there any rationale for what he did? Is this the worst coaching decision ever?

Is this good for the CFL that the Argos in in the big game? Can this help revive the franchise at all?

NFL TOPICS:

Marshawyn Lynch sits for US anthem, but stands for Mexican one; Trump tweets about it. Trump rips Lynch for anthem protest in Mexico

The Eagles are the best team in the NFL. Agree or disagree with that statement? When we talk about long championship droughts, we talked about the Cubs...Leafs....why don't we ever mention the Philadelphia Eagles in the same breath? They haven't won a Super Bowl ever.

Former Patriots/Cowboys receiver Terry Glenn reportedly killed in a car accident today. He caught Tom Brady's first ever TD pass in the NFL.

ON THIS DATE IN SPORTS HISTORY:

20 years ago today, Eric Lindros was accused of biting Marty McSorely during a fight.

MULTIPLE CHOICE MADNESS:
1. What's the worst in-game decision made by a football head coach?
a) Jason Maas opting for a FG in the red zone with less than 2 mins left in CFL East Final
b) Pete Carroll and the Seahawks choosing to throw the ball at the goal line in the Super Bowl
c) Lions coach Marty Mornhinweg wins coin toss, but opts to kick off in OT

2. What's the biggest issue with the Ottawa Senators right now?
a) Power play not coming up in big spots
b) Need to find right line combos up front
c) D-pairings are struggling
d) Goaltending not bailing them out

3. Which expansion to Eastern Canada do you think is most likely in the next 10 years?
a) CFL to Halifax
b) NHL to Quebec City
c) MLB back to Montreal

4. Which team are you most surprised is leading their division right now in the NFL?
a) Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3)
b) Minnesota Vikings (8-2)
c) New Orleans Saints (8-2)
d) Los Angeles Rams (7-3)

5. Now that we know the opponents for the Grey Cup, if you had the chance to attend just one of the following at TD Place, which would you choose:
a) Grey Cup game between Argos & Stamps
b) NHL outdoor game with Sens & Habs

LEFTOVER FIVE ON THE DRIVE:

Did Tom Brady suggest that Gisele nags him around the house? LOOK: Tom Brady apologizes to Gisele after hilarious slip-up at press conference

LeSean McCoy predicted that his rookie QB would throw 5 INTs in his debut game. LeSean McCoy accidentally predicted Nathan Peterman's disastrous 5-interception game

Jeremy Roenick takes a rattlesnake out of his garage with a pair of golf clubs. Jeremy Roenick took on a terrifying rattlesnake with a pair of golf clubs

Some people are angry that the NFL is promoting the Thursday night football game on Thanksgiving with Lawrence Taylor -- who is a registered sex offender. https://deadspin.com/nbc-airs-a-biz...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Thank you for this Ian. Love that you attempt to be engaging with guys like me :).. I will reiterate, you are not the issue. Your shows always seem nicely pieced together and the listener gets the impression that you did some work before hand to help produce a sports show.

My only criticism would be that your "NFL Topics" contains only one story that actually talks about the game (Eagles), while the other two points you mention deal with social issues in the game. Would be nice if on Mondays, you could dig a little deeper into some of the results from Sunday, talk about the playoff picture, MVP candidates, the schedule ahead for contending teams, etc. instead of the non-football stories of the NFL. Talk about the impact of Zeke Elliott's suspension on the field and not just about the suspension itself. Lets talk about the games and what happens on the field!!!!!

Would LOVE to see a breakdown of show topics and prep work for TGOR everyday, but it would probably just be a blank piece of paper.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
My only complaint is that there should be more coverage of the Redblacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad