The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Question for regular "In the Box" listeners:

1) Does every segment begin with Steve Lloyd making fun of Todd White for 5 minutes?
2) Does anyone find this entertaining?

I only ask because through 2 days of listening during my lunch break, each segment I have listened to, which is 5 or 6 all begin the same way. It is not enjoyable at all.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

1) Does every segment begin with Steve Lloyd making fun of Todd White for 5 minutes?

I only ask because through 2 days of listening during my lunch break, each segment I have listened to, which is 5 or 6 all begin the same way. It is not enjoyable at all.

It's pretty obvious when you listen to TSN1200 that Ian Mendes is the only person that has real training in journalism.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

1)Probably
2)No

Honestly I rarely listen to it given my 9-5 job nature. Well, I guess I could, seeing as it's a desk job. But I choose not to. It's not that it's a bad show. It's just that given Lloyd's professionalism and White's NHL experience, I am usually disappointed there isn't more substance to their analysis.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
1)Probably
2)No

Honestly I rarely listen to it given my 9-5 job nature. Well, I guess I could, seeing as it's a desk job. But I choose not to. It's not that it's a bad show. It's just that given Lloyd's professionalism and White's NHL experience, I am usually disappointed there isn't more substance to their analysis.

They switched it up today, both segments I heard had Whitey poking fun at Lloyd instead.

I agree, both guys have the potential, but there is zero substance. They spend far too much time talking about each other or AJ, then its commercial time.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Yes and its annoying,

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Spent a few hours on the road this morning. I didn't realize that this "live commercial" happens multiple times through out the show. Brutal.

Way to many commercials to listen live nowadays. I just stream things online so I don't have deal with 17 minute radio-commercial breaks. Only listen to the pregame show live these days

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Way to many commercials to listen live nowadays. I just stream things online so I don't have deal with 17 minute radio-commercial breaks. Only listen to the pregame show live these days

Same boat for me, used to listen on my commute daily but the iheartradio app requires you to listen to more ads and restarts than actual content at this point, it is beyond frustrating. I will listen to the posted commercial free segments when interested but mainly im going between google play pods and music and Sirius xm.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Same boat for me, used to listen on my commute daily but the iheartradio app requires you to listen to more ads and restarts than actual content at this point, it is beyond frustrating. I will listen to the posted commercial free segments when interested but mainly im going between google play pods and music and Sirius xm.

This is what I am saying. Unfortunately, now, the commercial-free segments now contain COMMERCIALS, dictated out loud by Steve Warne.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
This is what I am saying. Unfortunately, now, the commercial-free segments now contain COMMERCIALS, dictated out loud by Steve Warne.

Always one step ahead I guess, haven't seen too many other's with this issue but lately I find both on twitter and facebook when I watch random vids a 15 second ad plays mid way through the video....sometimes its synched to play right before the climax of random funny vids etc.... The world we live in I tell ya!

It can have an opposite effect sometimes in that when people have ads over driven at them they can choose to reject the product or service because of the prior irritation it caused them, I tend to be this way.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Yer a fair piece off the mark if you think them boys talk like Valley lads.

Dean Brown is from Winnipeg if I remember correctly.

When Dean Brown and Don Brennan are both on the pre-game show, their accents are far down the list when it comes to complaints.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Sorry folks, I didn't know they weren't from Ottawa. I still find their voices not suited for radio. TSN1200 doesn't really have any good radio voices IMO

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
OK, a bit of a shocker here, I am not here to complain for a change...more of a suggestion perhaps Ian will see this.

Most of my listening is on my drive to and from work, so I may miss it, but I was wondering why the station doesn't have a weekly Belleville Senators guest? In the past Grady Wittenberg or Luke Richardson would come on the Drive to talk Baby Sens, why is there no one now? Less banter and filler and more guests please.

Am I the only one who would enjoy this?

(please completely disregard my post if this already happens)

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Well i don't know anybody else around the team. So you tell me who do you think could be suitable idea. I'm sure you know more about the B sens then me in that regard

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

I switch my radio OFF, whenever they play this ......... the most annoying ad on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad