Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Been playing this album recently. Dwight Spitz and the Edan album "Beauty and the Beat" are two awesome and often overlooked records from the early-mid 2000s.

They also both have awesome album covers :laugh:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Dwight Spitz

One of the best hip hop albums of all time IMO. Found it through the MF DOOM Quite Buttery feature and couldn't believe how consistent the whole album was. Clocks in at close to 50 minutes but doesn't drag at all.

Always loved this track:

Great example of taking a sample and altering it to make it your own, not just cutting and pasting.

Sample:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Do people in here like this song?

Pretty much encapsulates what is popular right now, with hip-hop now being the most listened to genre of music in the US, and trap being a huge part of that. Teenage kid, sing-rapping, auto-tune, big-time bass.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Meeks new album has lots of great tracks. Also some forgettable ones, but overall it's real solid.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Meeks new album has lots of great tracks. Also some forgettable ones, but overall it's real solid.

Agree.

I didn't think it was as good as his first 2 albums but still wasn't bad. Wins & Losses (He always has a hot intro track), Heavy Heart, 1942 Flows and Price are the standouts for me.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Agree.

I didn't think it was as good as his first 2 albums but still wasn't bad. Wins & Losses (He always has a hot intro track), Heavy Heart, 1942 Flows and Price are the standouts for me.

Feeling each of those tracks. Also reaaaaallly liking: we ball, these scars, never lose, young black America.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Dizzy Wrights new album is amazing. Always been so impressed with his consistency, he's the best from Funk Volume imo. (Although Jarren Benton is awesome too)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Damn, no one talking about Brockhampton in here? Just released two ridiculously consistent albums within a couple months of each other and have a third album on the way soon.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Damn, no one talking about Brockhampton in here? Just released two ridiculously consistent albums within a couple months of each other and have a third album on the way soon.

I don't really get the hype :dunno:. Of the two Fantano-endorsed rap groups I prefer Injury Reserve

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto

Pretty much encapsulates what is popular right now, with hip-hop now being the most listened to genre of music in the US, and trap being a huge part of that. Teenage kid, sing-rapping, auto-tune, big-time bass.

I'm not really huge on that style in general, but I have a soft spot for Trippie Red. I like how he talks about his heart being broken over a trap beat :laugh:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Songs decent but my god did he bite Lil Uzi Verts WHOLE flow. Speaking of Uzi, Luv Is Rage 2 is awesome

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Weezy was apparently hospitalized for seizures on the weekend :( like his current style or former style or not... one of the greats. Hope he gets well.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Definitely feeling Brockhampton's stuff so far. Their projects haven't been classics or anything, but really solid albums. Lot's of talent in there, I'm actually interested to see some of their individual stuff.

Still blows my mind they formed on KTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad