Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
No offense but reading some of these posts you guys need to dig deeper for hip hop.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
So I randomly heard Jocelyn Flores by xxxtencion or whatever his name is and was very surprised by how much I liked it.

Ended up checking out his album and it is NOTHING like that shit he dropped when he first started making "waves".

I wouldn't call this a hip hop album in the traditional sense, but it's damn good. Dark, but good

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Liked the Eminem single and him looking back and hating on his recent work. I’ve been okay with it. I hope this is the opener of the new album and the rest just goes hard.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
New Big K.R.I.T. Double Album out.

Only 5 songs in, but so far t goes haaaaard

It's okay to me. Big K.R.I.T. is really, really talented at picking beats, and really, really terrible at writing hooks. I'm not as big a fan of this album as some people here are.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Liked the Eminem single and him looking back and hating on his recent work. I’ve been okay with it. I hope this is the opener of the new album and the rest just goes hard.

It's an interesting track in the sense that it's Eminem opening up again about himself and the way that he perceives his own status. Aesthetically, it's pretty terrible. I've never been a fan of rapping without drums, and it allows all of Em's worst tendencies to shine through. Beyonce has a nice performance, but I wish it was a little less slow. This is one of those tracks that you're glad you heard simply because of the personalities behind it, but you're also plenty fine with never hearing again.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's an interesting track in the sense that it's Eminem opening up again about himself and the way that he perceives his own status. Aesthetically, it's pretty terrible. I've never been a fan of rapping without drums, and it allows all of Em's worst tendencies to shine through. Beyonce has a nice performance, but I wish it was a little less slow. This is one of those tracks that you're glad you heard simply because of the personalities behind it, but you're also plenty fine with never hearing again.
Oh yeah it’s definitely a one time only listen unless it’s the lead in to a hard af album.

I guess we’ll see soon — maybe Friday? I don’t know. It was a needed track from Em tho imo.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Re-listened to Atrocity Exhibition today, it's perhaps even better than when I first listened. One of my favourite hip hop albums ever, legitimately

Going to make the suggestion that Atrocity Exhibition is going to be remembered as one of the defining hip hop albums of this decade. It may take a while for everyone to see it, but it's going to be one of these albums that people are going to revisit in five to ten years and be blown away by.

TyToff

Feb 20, 2016
The new CyHi The Prynce album is really good. Probably a top 5 AOTY for me so far.

The Jaden Smith album was also surprisingly very good. Absolutely impeccable production.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
That new Eminem song f***ing blows as has most of his music recently. Especially his songs with pop stars.

Super Slimey mixtape by Young Thug and Future is an absolute banger though

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Any hype I had for Revival just died with that whack track listing.
Those features don't inspire a ton of confidence in me
IMG_2192.PNG

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Glad you guys feel the same way. I'll always listen to a new Eminem album, but holy shit when he gets so many pop stars it makes it difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad