Speculation: The Official Bjugstad Thread: Alias Hate and Love not far from each other

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
But only one cost us 4.1 Million caphit, the real Money he earns, get straight up the next 3 Years.
But McCann last Games special in the Fo also pretty worse not good for an Center under 40%. But that both cant score is not a good Sign, or how someone call it befor "Medicorecity" all the Way.

I liked it better when you called it Mio. :cheers:

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Bjugstad is shooting the puck, but he is not scoring because of where he is shooting the puck from.

Looks like he takes more shots than league average from the boards / FO circle. Maybe he would benefit from developing some patience.

Also, he has been moved around the lineup quite a bit. Since he is a complementary players he would benefit from being left in one spot so he could develop some chemistry with linemates.

He has not been producing, but there have to be reason's beyond "slumping"

IcyData » Nick Bjugstad Stats

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Bjugstad is shooting the puck, but he is not scoring because of where he is shooting the puck from.

Looks like he takes more shots than league average from the boards / FO circle. Maybe he would benefit from developing some patience.

Also, he has been moved around the lineup quite a bit. Since he is a complementary players he would benefit from being left in one spot so he could develop some chemistry with linemates.

The main reason is he's not a good hockey player.

He might be 6'6, but he loses the puck with any type of contact.

Notice how any line he's put on slows production? Trocheck no longer has him on his wing and his play takes off.

Barkov/Dadonov now try to cycle and it ends every time it ends up on Bjugstad's stick.

He stinks, just put him on the third line with McCann and McGinn and let them grind. That line isn't scoring anyway.

I'd like to see Mamin given a shot next to Barkov and Dadonov. He looks like he's fairly competent offensively and my early impressions are that his board work is excellent. That will buy Barkov and Dadonov more time in the offensive zone. Mamin isn't exactly the ideal top-6 winger, either, but we don't have many other options until Borgstrom/Tippett/Hepo are ready. Unless Tallon makes a trade.

This organizations infatuation with Bjugstad needs to end. He's just not good.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

I thank you for this Data never saw that so clear. I mean Bjugstad have a few Assist late the Game with Passes from the own Zone like in the last Game vs. Edmonton. But in his last 10 Games where he make 6 Assists, he is also 0 or -1 -2. Also that is my opinion from what i saw its, always goes far and wide, his missed shots numbers. How you will create a own Rebound or a Rebound overall when you miss the Net.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Bjugstad should be in the bottom 6 as soon as possible. He's a waste in the top 6 because he doesn't know to use team mates (don't need that with bottom 6 scrubs). He'll get more favorable matchups there too.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Bjugstad brown nosing Tallon at Panthers charity event. He has no shame.

0EA520A6-1512-4717-8535-289171F0B528_zpsyy9dg3c6.jpeg

9D99ED9A-9629-4A0F-B25D-5060A465B2A2_zpshawag1ln.jpeg

Reactions: jrockett1096

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I find it funny that Bjugstad is the target of so many people's ire. Has he been meh this year? Yup. Has he been awful? Nope. Is he going through a tough patch? Probably.

Okposo (AAV $6M) is 9+25.

Spezza (AAV $7.5M) is 7+17.

B. Burns (AAV $8M) is 9+39, but started the season with 0 goals in 17 games.

Bjugstad (AAV $4.1M) is 9+17.

Yet, if people were honest, they would have taken any of the above people and would have complained about their production. Burns not anymore, but it illustrates that people who are expected to score go through rough spells.

Nick isn't quite worth his contract money now but he's not a bust either. It's entirely reasonable to expect one of two things to happen: 1) his goal scoring will heat up, or 2) a GM somewhere will be interested in a trade and won't be making a mistake.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I find it funny that Bjugstad is the target of so many people's ire. Has he been meh this year? Yup. Has he been awful? Nope. Is he going through a tough patch? Probably.

Yet, if people were honest, they would have taken any of the above people and would have complained about their production. Burns not anymore, but it illustrates that people who are expected to score go through rough spells.

Nick isn't quite worth his contract money now but he's not a bust either. It's entirely reasonable to expect one of two things to happen: 1) his goal scoring will heat up, or 2) a GM somewhere will be interested in a trade and won't be making a mistake.
Don't think many people would have taken Okposo or Spezza before the start of this season.

Completely unrelated and everyone knows players go through slumps.

Of course you can find examples of guys not living up to their contract.

It would be completely reasonable to protect Brent Burns in the expansion draft but not Nick at the cost of two top 6 forwards.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL

Okposo and Spezza's terrible contracts aren't a valid argument to defend Bjugstad's terrible play.

Yes, players go through dry spells, as you correctly pointed out with Brent Burns.

Nick Bjugstad is just bad, though. Unless you're trying to argue that 2 full season is just a "tough patch"

He's a third line talent, at best, that plays a soft game. He's not worth his contract and isn't the type of player you want on your bottom-6, especially at that price tag.

Just because no one wants Okposo or Spezza either, doesn't somehow validate that Bjugstad is somehow valuable. It's poor logic.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Neither of you addressed my point, which isn't to defend Bjugstad as if he was a good player. I never said that. I never said that he should have been protected. You're doing exactly the knee jerk I'm sick of.

Let me spell it out again. Nick Bjugstad isn't important one way or the other. He doesn't really cost them games like Pysyk or Petro or Mac do, and he doesn't win games like Barkov or Hubie or Tro or Matheson or even Yandle or even one of the goalies.

Keeping Bjugstad wasn't really the problem. Letting March and Smith go was, and that's what the owners and DT caused. Yet somehow, because Bjugstad was kept (erroneously) by the aforementioned, you blame Nick instead of blaming the actual guilty party.

That's what's either hilarious or infuriating.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Neither of you addressed my point, which isn't to defend Bjugstad as if he was a good player. I never said that. I never said that he should have been protected. You're doing exactly the knee jerk I'm sick of.

Let me spell it out again. Nick Bjugstad isn't important one way or the other. He doesn't really cost them games like Pysyk or Petro or Mac do, and he doesn't win games like Barkov or Hubie or Tro or Matheson or even Yandle or even one of the goalies.

Keeping Bjugstad wasn't really the problem. Letting March and Smith go was, and that's what the owners and DT caused. Yet somehow, because Bjugstad was kept (erroneously) by the aforementioned, you blame Nick instead of blaming the actual guilty party.

That's what's either hilarious or infuriating.
We blame Tallon too. Are you joking?

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Nick Bjugstad hasn't scored a goal since December 19th, 2017 against the Arizona Coyotes. That's 19 games.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I thought it was like 20 something games. Not that it really matters at that point though.
You're right, I miscounted. 20 games on the dot. More importantly:

Nick Bjugstad hasn't scored a goal in the last 280 minutes of ice time. That's 4 hours and 40 minutes of ice time with no goal.

Yes, I counted.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Nick Bjugstad hasn't scored a goal since December 19th, 2017 against the Arizona Coyotes. That's 19 games.
Like my examples showed, even very good players like Brent Burns go through dry spells, like 17 games for him.

And Bjugstad isn't good. Thing is, he isn't exactly bad either. He's average and thus overpaid by a million give or take.

That's all.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
We blame Tallon too. Are you joking?
No joke. I'm illustrating that focusing on Bjugstad is just wrong. There are other people in the organization, including players, who deserve way more of your analytical time than Nick.

He's somewhat overpaid. That's all there's to it. The rest of it is on Tallon.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad